Twitter: Cowboys have won their division 24 times in 59 seasons, the best percentage in the NFL

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Patriots 1st 40 years : 5 division titles. Since 2000 :16

Pats have had almost as many since 2000 as we had 1st 40 years. Phenomenal!!

They are on the verge of breaking the Cowboys record many thought would never be broken. 20 Consecutive Winning Seasons.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
True, but you can also combine that with the ineptitude of the teams in their division.

The Bill, Jets, and Dolphins have been 3 of the bottom teams for most of 15 years. Jets being the ONLY team that ever had anything solid and that was with Sanchize as QB.

yep last true franchise QB other than Brady was Dan Marino

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Garrett has been here longer than 5 years.

Amazing...…...I just looked it up and you cut off the last 5 years because he didn't even win a division his first 4. LOL

So it goes from 60% to 33%. Ouch!!! Quite a drop.

Isnt it amazing that the Cowboys have had the most success recently as Garrett has been more and more neutered by Jones. As soon as Jones started taking away play calling and OC duties away from the horrid Garrett, we turned the corner.

Coincidence?
You make a great point about the team playing better without Garrett involved. Garrett took over a bad team though, old guys with high priced contracts. He had to rebuild this entire team and even though he didn't win a division title until 2014 his 3 straight years of 8-8 came down to the last game of the season in a win and become division champs...... In which we failed all 3 times.

By the way not trying to defend Garrett but we have been in the running for division title every year but 2 years. In 17 we were in a wild card race until Seattle week 16, so only 1 year we haven't even been in the race for the playoffs which was 2015.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

tldr Giants 27%, Commanders 17%, Crapeaters 16%

larger image of the chart...
SGjLIYT.png

Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

dckid

Reaction score

SGjLIYT.png

Shows the great history of 29 years on Landry and 5 of Jimmy although he was only HC for two division titles. But I give him 94,95,96.
This nostalgia is nice but time to move on, I would love to see the stat over the past 25 years or since 2000.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I see Chicago moving up the ladder of relevance.
They will cross paths with the Cowboys, that is a certainty.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

SGjLIYT.png

Good stat Shortround and even better sig, but I like and demand rings,, more than stats.
Yes Im a Ring ho.. I want several more .. we aint done!

John813

Reaction score
So before Brady, the Pats won the division 4 times in 40 years? lol

mcmvp

Reaction score
Patriots 1st 40 years : 5 division titles. Since 2000 :16

Pats have had almost as many since 2000 as we had 1st 40 years. Phenomenal!!

They are on the verge of breaking the Cowboys record many thought would never be broken. 20 Consecutive Winning Seasons.

Essentially they already have. The cowboys achieved that during an era with no salary cap and free agency. It's incredible what the Patriots have accomplished. Some want to belittle what they have done due to a 'weak' division. Those people never pause to consider that the reason it appears so weak is because the Patriots have been so consistently good.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Combine that with the 20 years in a row with a winning record and it's easy to see why so many have a challenge managing their expectations. Some are like the fella with the tapeworm.

He goes to the doc with unexplained weight loss and after the exam the doc tells him he has a tapeworm and the only way to treat it is to get it to come out of his body. He tells the fella he's going to treat him daily for 5 straight days. Each day at noon, he's going to shove a small apple up his butt, wait five minutes and follow that with a cookie. The fella returns for 5 straight days and on the 5th day the doc inserts the apple but does not follow with the cookie. About 10 minutes later the tapeworm sticks it's head out and says "where's my cookie"? The doc kills it with a hammer.

Some keep looking for the cookie and getting slammed with a hammer in the playoffs.

Aesop's got nuthin' on me.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Essentially they already have. The cowboys achieved that during an era with no salary cap and free agency. It's incredible what the Patriots have accomplished. Some want to belittle what they have done due to a 'weak' division. Those people never pause to consider that the reason it appears so weak is because the Patriots have been so consistently good.
Yep

It’s only been a weak division since the Pats begun dominating it. The 40 years prior the Pats only won their division 5 times.

Also, with their 1st place schedule every year they must always play the top teams in AFC.

IMO the Pats run in 21st Century is the most impressive in NFL history.