Twitter: Cowboys have won their division 24 times in 59 seasons, the best percentage in the NFL

Insomniac

Reaction score
What we know is the NFC east division was/is better than the Afc east, more physical, and generally beat up each other. I believe you give those teams 2 shots a year, they'd be in a dog fight every year, which also wear you down , which can in la t you ability to win outside the division.

What do you base this on? The Patriots regular season record against the NFCE since 2001 is 13-3. That's a better win% than they have against their division opponents. If you look at regular season combined WL% of the teams since they set up the current divisions the Division with the best overall record is the AFCE.

I'll agree with anyone who says the rest of the AFCE has been completely mediocre but even playing 2 games a year against the dominant team in the league all of the AFCE teams have a better record than that NFCE powerhouse Washington Commanders.

Last edited:

Insomniac

Reaction score
NFC E had been pretty soft this era overall. Take away NY huge upsets and Egirls unusual run last year the other divisions in NFC might have been tougher overall.

This isn’t the NFCE we grew up with that used to be a powerhouse . Dallas and Wash haven’t appeared in a champ game this era.

I think Pats would have had a tougher time in NFC North or South. But again it’s just noise.

It’s useless attempting to discredit the Pats dominating era. 9 Super Bowls, 6 Rings, what 10 straight conference championship appearances with like 16 playoff appearances in 18 years and 20 consecutive winning season in Cap era. RU Kiddin Me.

We should be worshipping the success not tearing it down regardless how much we hate or despise them. It’s the classy thing to do IMO. To each their own I suppose. Lol

If in 2002 they had kept the Colts in the AFCE and moved the Dolphins to the AFCS that might have made a slight difference. This is just sports, there have been plenty of teams I hated but I noticed that the teams/players I hated tended to be the ones that beat my favorite teams.

jsb357

Reaction score
Like it or not NFL teams are judged by SB wins.

Every other measuring stick is secondary.