Cowboys having positive talks with Prescott/France on deal

TwentyOne

Reaction score
sensible-chuckle.gif

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There isn’t any doubt in my mind they’re trying to work something out because they have nothing behind him. It’s not like we have a young, promising QB waiting in the wings that’s shown potential. All we have is a castoff and a career backup.
Or maybe they're trying to work out a deal so other teams, will actually think he has value!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There isn’t any doubt in my mind they’re trying to work something out because they have nothing behind him. It’s not like we have a young, promising QB waiting in the wings that’s shown potential. All we have is a castoff and a career backup.
Dak fans will be relieved of an agreement is reached. Because the fear of that castoff will be less.
I hope they do not keep that no trade clause beyond this year though.

I will root for him regardless signed or not. Because he is our starting QB.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Never have I heard a QB that was so wanted have so many leaks in press or social media about how well the contract discussions are going.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
You honestly think Dak doesn’t have value? :rolleyes:Teams will be lining up to sign him. He won’t last 24 hours in free agency before he’s made the highest paid QB in the league.
I don’t know about this but he will certainly have interest and he will definitely get paid by someone if not the Cowboys. I still think Dallas will sign him as they should.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t know about this but he will certainly have interest and he will definitely get paid by someone if not the Cowboys. I still think Dallas will sign him as they should.
I can assure you there will be several teams lining up if he becomes a free agent. He’ll be the most sought after free agent we’ve seen in years. I think the Cowboys will extend him for the reasons I’ve given, they have nothing behind him.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You honestly think Dak doesn’t have value? :rolleyes:Teams will be lining up to sign him. He won’t last 24 hours in free agency before he’s made the highest paid QB in the league.
All he needs is 2 teams in, and he will have 4-8 easily…..unless he has a likely career ending injury this season, which I’m sure he will be insuring against.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Reminder for the very slow people on the board.
Dallas best option is to sign Dak long term at 55M + AAV but without a no trade clause in the new deal.
They could then play out a season or so and trade him if they wanted to rebuild.
Even if viewed as wildly overpaid it would be fairly easy to garner more than future R3 for him.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Reminder for the very slow people on the board.
Dallas best option is to sign Dak long term at 55M + AAV but without a no trade clause in the new deal.
They could then play out a season or so and trade him if they wanted to rebuild.
Even if viewed as wildly overpaid it would be fairly easy to garner more than future R3 for him.
If Dak is re-signed off of a deal with a no-trade clause, why would he accept one with no no-trade clause? Hes not negotiating a downgrade; It will almost certainly have one as well.

Additionally, in the unlikely event he doesn’t have one, he will never sign a deal with no guaranteed money. So once the deal is signed, trading him in 2025 will cost the Cowboys something north of 100m$ on the cap

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The deadline is a month away, so what happened to deadlines make deals?

Does it make sense to sign a older qb now, when 25 is supposed to be a blow up year?
Does it make this season seem even dumber??
Most of the team on 1 year deals lol, none of this makes any sense.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If Dak is re-signed off of a deal with a no-trade clause, why would he accept one with no no-trade clause? Hes not negotiating a downgrade; It will almost certainly have one as well.

Additionally, in the unlikely event he doesn’t have one, he will never sign a deal with no guaranteed money. So once the deal is signed, trading him in 2025 will cost the Cowboys something north of 100m$ on the cap
yes if they extend him , it means we are stuck with him for 4-5 years.
I expect this deal to be same as last one, and they might take less $ overall.