Cowboys having positive talks with Prescott/France on deal

plymkr

Reaction score
I will root for him regardless signed or not. Because he is our starting QB.
I think what would break my back as far as rooting for him is if he took a 2 or 3 year deal for 60 million APY, NTC, no franchise tag clause , and a massive signing bonus like 70-100 million. That would show that he cares nothing for the team and winning. That contract would cripple the team regardless of how any Dak fan wants to spin it. And if Jerry and Stupid sign him to that then my knee jerk reaction right now is to root for 0-17 seasons. I would do that because I would want Jerry, Stephen and Dak to lose every game until the life of the contract is over.

I’ve never felt this way before. But if this scenario played out, signing Dak to a 3 year 180 with Dak getting everything he wants I truly believe it would be in the best interest of the franchise they lose every game, or go 3-14/2-15, because that would expose Stephen as a horrible GM and in 3 years Jerry may be gone. Bookmark this. I would easily go 0-17 or close to that for 3 or 4 years if it meant a real GM, with real football knowledge, is put in place for the future. And a possible culture change and the HC has the freedom to be a HC and not a puppet. I would gladly go 0-17 for a couple seasons if that were at the end of the tunnel.

rambo2

Reaction score
There isn’t any doubt in my mind they’re trying to work something out because they have nothing behind him. It’s not like we have a young, promising QB waiting in the wings that’s shown potential. All we have is a castoff and a career backup.
Of course they are going to sign him. He's good.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak fans will be relieved of an agreement is reached. Because the fear of that castoff will be less.
I hope they do not keep that no trade clause beyond this year though.

I will root for him regardless signed or not. Because he is our starting QB.
If it's a career ending contract than I want the right to trade you.
Money means nothing, term is everything.

Sydla

Reaction score
Mountaineer's head will explode.

My only issue with this is that I don't buy that negotiations took this long. I think if Dallas and Stephen/Jerry wanted this done back in March, it would have happened. But if they did cut that deal back then, it would have opened up cap space and there was no chance Jerry and Stephen wanted to try to explain why they did literally nothing in FA other than a vet LB in FA to make this team better after getting steamrolled in January.

JBS

Reaction score
News literally came out today that CeeDee is the priority, specifically over Dak.

Dak ain't getting a new deal.

The media should be held accountable for getting these Dak fans hopes up just to hurt them.
Can never count these idiots out from screwing up. That’s the point