big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy reportedly getting 'fed up' with Jerry Jones
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

Some believe Mike McCarthy is entering the final year of his contract with the Dallas Cowboys as a "lame duck" head coach. There is no question that it is Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy in Big D, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' decision-makers did not make any aggressive moves in the offseason to improve their roster.

Tyler Dunne of Go Long says he spoke with Cowboys sources who discussed McCarthy's approach entering the 2024 season. For starters, they believe allowing McCarthy to coach on the final year of his contract is a mistake. Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. And, according to Dunne, McCarthy is getting fed up with the situation.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=7cd1f5a88e024279dffca41ce3f59933&ei=13

BB1oHVw4.img

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

Some believe Mike McCarthy is entering the final year of his contract with the Dallas Cowboys as a "lame duck" head coach. There is no question that it is Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy in Big D, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' decision-makers did not make any aggressive moves in the offseason to improve their roster.

Tyler Dunne of Go Long says he spoke with Cowboys sources who discussed McCarthy's approach entering the 2024 season. For starters, they believe allowing McCarthy to coach on the final year of his contract is a mistake. Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. And, according to Dunne, McCarthy is getting fed up with the situation.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=7cd1f5a88e024279dffca41ce3f59933&ei=13

BB1oHVw4.img
Well, he is not the only one fed up with that fool.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This would not surprise me at all. As stated before, I can see Mike giving Jerry the finger on an extension if he has a highly successful season and an offer from another team. Hell, pay attention to his body language during their joint presser. Not to mention his recent statement that no one wants to be on a one-year contract.

I think Dak could feel the same way.

Imagine getting to the NFCCG and losing your head coach and franchise QB.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This would not surprise me at all. As stated before, I can see Mike giving Jerry the finger on an extension if he has a highly successful season and an offer from another team. Hell, pay attention to his body language during their joint presser. Not to mention his recent statement that no one wants to be on a one-year contract.

I hope they both feel that way and both to hit the bricks.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
In a way you have to feel bad for McCarthy.

12 wins three seasons in a row, with a front office that refuses to make any moves that could put this team over the top.

Now he's fighting for his job with a roster even worse than the ones that couldn't get it done prior.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In a way you have to feel bad for McCarthy.

12 wins three seasons in a row, with a front office that refuses to make any moves that could put this team over the top.

Now he's fighting for his job with a roster even worse than the ones that couldn't get it done prior.
Well, he does have some kind of excuse for not doing better than he has because he has a Coach killer as a QB.

CWR

Reaction score

Imagine getting to the NFCCG and losing your head coach and franchise QB.
I'd have a lot more respect for MM if this is actually the case. If a coach needs talent they shouldn't bite their tongues. Make it known to the GM and go from there. In the past I have said the staff is complicit in our nonsense approach because you never hear any differently. Good for MM and I hope more people voice their displeasure if this thing blows up. The front offices lazy/cheap approach this off season deserves criticism.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'd have a lot more respect for MM if this is actually the case. If a coach needs talent they shouldn't bite their tongues. Make it known to the GM and go from there. In the past I have said the staff is complicit in our nonsense approach because you never hear any differently. Good for MM and I hope more people voice their displeasure if this thing blows up. The front offices lazy/cheap approach this off season deserves criticism.
yeah be a man and say it my gosh, what's he going to do fire you on your last year!?? That'll be worse for him, he'll have to promote from within more than likely, he needs to let the coaches coach

Reactions: CWR

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

BB1oHVw4.img
No idea if this is true or not but Jerry’s biggest shortcomings is how he hamstrings his coaches..