Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy reportedly getting 'fed up' with Jerry Jones

Brooksey

Reaction score
Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy reportedly getting 'fed up' with Jerry Jones
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

Some believe Mike McCarthy is entering the final year of his contract with the Dallas Cowboys as a "lame duck" head coach. There is no question that it is Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy in Big D, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' decision-makers did not make any aggressive moves in the offseason to improve their roster.

Tyler Dunne of Go Long says he spoke with Cowboys sources who discussed McCarthy's approach entering the 2024 season. For starters, they believe allowing McCarthy to coach on the final year of his contract is a mistake. Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. And, according to Dunne, McCarthy is getting fed up with the situation.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=7cd1f5a88e024279dffca41ce3f59933&ei=13

BB1oHVw4.img
I'm fed up with Mike McCarthy, Micah Parsons and Dak Prescott to name a few.
Leaders should lead in the playoffs..I didn't see much from these three against GB in the playoffs.

They don't deserve new contracts, IMO. Play it out, you're entitled to nothing, ya'll choked....hard.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Before you come to that conclusion, you'd have to find out whether MM was happy w/ the LB corps, whether he agreed w/ the Schooner/Williams/Kelvin picks, and maybe Mazi(to be seen).

The team was not prepared due to major holes in personnel on the D. Was that his decision?
Every team has holes. They had those issues all season. They didn't come out and play like that every week. They were unprepared to compete when the game started.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Please.......... the only reason he was voted into the hall was because he helped all the other owners get outrageously wealthy
True, the owners got wealthier. Also notice players, coaches are making a lot more money than they used to, and small market football teams not only survived but prospered and got more competitive thus attracting and bringing in more fans to one of the greatest, most dynamic sports organizations on the planet.

Jerry Jones has been one of the most influential owners in NFL pro-football. That's a fact.

In the dual role of GM he also has been a liability, and has disrupted this team along with Stephen from regaining competitive elite status - post 90s.

I have no problem acknowledging a highly significant contribution to pro-football and the NFL this dysfunctional owner and subpar GM made.

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The fact we are talking about means there is some truth......probably somewhere in the middle.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Who wouldn’t be frustrated without job security coming off the worst performance of your contract?

I mean the alternative is winning and earning another contract but wouldn’t it be better to just get another contract despite torpedoing that 2023 season with that roster?

kskboys

Reaction score
Every team has holes. They had those issues all season. They didn't come out and play like that every week. They were unprepared to compete when the game started.
Of course. However, the statement was about MM. Did MM approve of not fixing those issues? You absolutely cannot blame MM unless you answer that question. And it would be far from the first time that Jerry handicapped his coaches w/ horrific personnel evalution. Don't forget our worst draft in history, the 09 ST's draft.

Brax

Reaction score
2 of them were before the Super Bowl and the haters don’t want to count them.
Best learn something about the Cowboys, NFL championship game in 66 and 67 were against GB and news flash they lost both games, so your wrong yet again they lost, if they won there would be 2 more SB appearances on the list, sad so little understanding, you are wrong just admit it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Best learn something about the Cowboys, NFL championship game in 66 and 67 were against GB and news flash they lost both games, so your wrong yet again they lost, if they won there would be 2 more SB appearances on the list, sad so little understanding, you are wrong just admit it.
Don't be a hater! If you disagree with Rockport that is what you are. By the way, he loves that word and sometimes I wonder if it's because others hate him?

Brax

Reaction score
Don't be a hater! If you disagree with Rockport that is what you are. By the way, he loves that word and sometimes I wonder if it's because others hate him?
Some folks are incapable of admitting a mistake, hater, you have that right he seems to hate everyone.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The fed-up story is untrue. The expectations were known when MM signed on. The way the Jones boys operate was already well-documented when MM signed on. So when it comes to being employed by the Cowboys (by the Joneses), MM has nothing to complain about. He's lucky he has this last year to change appearances. Jerry has every right not to be happy with MM so nothing can fix that working relationship except success. How you define that success may vary. I think it is an NFCC victory, however, Jerry may insist it includes an SB victory. Who knows?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Big Mike isn't great as our HC but anyone who works under the influence of this FO does good to win at all, much less in the playoffs. :omg:
Seems to me as though it's like a track athlete attempting to succeed in the 100-yard dash with a broken leg, or something of the sort. :huh:

Last edited: