Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy reportedly getting 'fed up' with Jerry Jones

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

Some believe Mike McCarthy is entering the final year of his contract with the Dallas Cowboys as a "lame duck" head coach. There is no question that it is Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy in Big D, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' decision-makers did not make any aggressive moves in the offseason to improve their roster.

Tyler Dunne of Go Long says he spoke with Cowboys sources who discussed McCarthy's approach entering the 2024 season. For starters, they believe allowing McCarthy to coach on the final year of his contract is a mistake. Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. And, according to Dunne, McCarthy is getting fed up with the situation.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=7cd1f5a88e024279dffca41ce3f59933&ei=13

BB1oHVw4.img
Blimey! Why would someone make a deal with Satan and then expect a good outcome?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
In a way you have to feel bad for McCarthy.

12 wins three seasons in a row, with a front office that refuses to make any moves that could put this team over the top.

Now he's fighting for his job with a roster even worse than the ones that couldn't get it done prior.
Yeah I think he’s done a good job despite Jerry. Who hired Quinn? Jerry or was it MM’s recommendation? And did MM want to move on from Quinn a year ago and got overridden? Who knows. Not sure what Jerry’s up to, but if it’s demoralizing the fan base he’s hitting 1000 this year.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Cheap? The guy who pays Dak and soon Lamb and Parsons, is not cheap.
Right seriously, he can't wait to pay ALL 3 of these guys record setting deals!!!!!! I'm telling you it's going to be epic, all this tough guy stance and waiting, just to pay them big deals

movaughn88

Reaction score
I think you guys are forgetting that in GB he never got ANY support from a personnel position. They left him and AR with zero receivers and he had to train up no-draft linemen.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think you guys are forgetting that in GB he never got ANY support from a personnel position. They left him and AR with zero receivers and he had to train up no-draft linemen.
Somehow they still were competitive enough to beat us, and beat teams with a GREAT QB!!! Sometimes that's all you need, hell look at TB, randy moss was his greatest/gronk too i guess

movaughn88

Reaction score
Well, he does have some kind of excuse for not doing better than he has because he has a Coach killer as a QB.
He came here for Dak and I bet he understands how good he is. Man you guys are so dense and focused on the wrong opinion. Feel bad for you.

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

Some believe Mike McCarthy is entering the final year of his contract with the Dallas Cowboys as a "lame duck" head coach. There is no question that it is Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy in Big D, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' decision-makers did not make any aggressive moves in the offseason to improve their roster.

Tyler Dunne of Go Long says he spoke with Cowboys sources who discussed McCarthy's approach entering the 2024 season. For starters, they believe allowing McCarthy to coach on the final year of his contract is a mistake. Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. And, according to Dunne, McCarthy is getting fed up with the situation.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=7cd1f5a88e024279dffca41ce3f59933&ei=13

BB1oHVw4.img
Join the crowd

Brax

Reaction score
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

BB1oHVw4.img
So now Jerry will be his scapegoat if the article is true. What does MM expect after playoffs failure and an epic loss to GB. MM got hired as a yes man and now he’s mad no million dollars extension. Looks like all the stuff they said when he was in GB is pretty much true. I’m surprised Jerry kept him after GB made him look like a walking zombie.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
In a way you have to feel bad for McCarthy.

12 wins three seasons in a row, with a front office that refuses to make any moves that could put this team over the top.

Now he's fighting for his job with a roster even worse than the ones that couldn't get it done prior.
I don’t feel bad for him because he’s had the talent to win 12 games three straight seasons. The problem hasn’t been the talent. For whatever reason the team isn’t motivated for the playoffs. We come out flat and once we get behind we fold. A lot of that falls on the head coach. McCarthy was struggling to win games with Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay his last two seasons with the Packers which is why he got fired. The players won’t fight for him. The team knew how much it meant for him to beat the Packers and he’s lost both times he’s faced them with the Cowboys.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
This would not surprise me at all. As stated before, I can see Mike giving Jerry the finger on an extension if he has a highly successful season and an offer from another team. Hell, pay attention to his body language during their joint presser. Not to mention his recent statement that no one wants to be on a one-year contract.

I think Dak could feel the same way.

Imagine getting to the NFCCG and losing your head coach and franchise QB.
You won't have to imagine the NFCCG part, buddy. Lol.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’ve thought all along that this situation does NOT add up to one big happy family, and if it goes very far south, they may chase away players they need.