Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy reportedly getting 'fed up' with Jerry Jones

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So now Jerry will be his scapegoat if the article is true. What does MM expect after playoffs failure and an epic loss to GB. MM got hired as a yes man and now he’s mad no million dollars extension. Looks like all the stuff they said when he was in GB is pretty much true. I’m surprised Jerry kept him after GB made him look like a walking zombie.
Wait, you said just a few days ago that it was all Dak’s fault. So is it MM’s, Dak’s, Quinns or Jerry’s fault? You’re all over the place with your negativity.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hey Mike McCarthy"! Get off your high horse!!!!

It a privilege to work for the best GM in the league Jerry Jones!!!!!

You don't need a new contract!!!!!! Work for free!!!!!

Go To Whataburger Fatty!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Watch a Kurt Warner video and get EDUCATED!!!!!!!!!

Three 12 Win Seasons in a Heckin ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just as good as a SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Trolls in Hawaiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 300 years of Coaching experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dak is the best QB in the league!!!!!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
So our QB wants $$$ that he doesn't deserve, and our HC who to this day brings his team unprepared for important games is mad because of the lack of support he is getting from ownership? If I am defending Jerry then this situation is more pathetic than we think

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s definitely setting up for a potential disastrous season with all of the moving parts.

If our QB is also lame duck perhaps there’s something to our HC’s assertion that our owner is setting him up to fail.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry is probably trying to get him to quit so he doesn’t have to pay him the five million he owes him.

This way he doesn’t contribute to that “major problem in the NFL, dead coaching money.”

I’ve never heard anyone else say a word about it.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
sounds good to me, sucks I just paid for tickets for me and my boys to go to the Cowboys vs Giants game in Sept!
If you want to throw any more money away like that, let me know. I'll PM my address to you. I live about 20 minutes from Jerry World.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I suspect that Coach McCarthy knows Jerry well enough to suspect him of doing whatever it takes to deflect all the blame for his team's woes on anyone else that could be guilty other than himself. His overblown ego wouldn't allow him to act any other way. Nevertheless, it's a common ploy for many owners to do that when their team doesn't live up to expectations. It wouldn't be the first time Jerry has resorted to it, though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From the article:

Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. Players have felt that impact because the coaches cannot influence players how they need to, leading to the Cowboys underachieving on the field.​

Bold> Newsflash

Mike McCarthy highly likely could not 100% influence players on his first day on the job.

He would not be the first head coach with that limitation.

McCarthy will highly likely not be the last head coach trying to cook in the same kitchen with the Mad Genius.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy reportedly getting 'fed up' with Jerry Jones
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

Some believe Mike McCarthy is entering the final year of his contract with the Dallas Cowboys as a "lame duck" head coach. There is no question that it is Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy in Big D, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' decision-makers did not make any aggressive moves in the offseason to improve their roster.

Tyler Dunne of Go Long says he spoke with Cowboys sources who discussed McCarthy's approach entering the 2024 season. For starters, they believe allowing McCarthy to coach on the final year of his contract is a mistake. Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. And, according to Dunne, McCarthy is getting fed up with the situation.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=7cd1f5a88e024279dffca41ce3f59933&ei=13

BB1oHVw4.img
Click Bait...

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I think everyone is frustrated with the offseason and ownership after the last few seasons and mostly standing pat. It does feel like a wasted season unless there's a number of young players that step up and Zimmer fixes the run d.

I still expect they will be in the playoffs though.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If McCarthy and Dak can just go through the motions, everything will be fine. If McCarthy gets fired ok. If Dak gets benched for Lance almost even better. Everyone knows what this season is.
Trance is not going to sniff the field.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Jimmy and Parcells not only the two best coaches in the Jones Years, but probably no coincidence they were the only ones who quit. Take this job and shove it boss!