Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy reportedly getting 'fed up' with Jerry Jones

cowboyed

Reaction score
How many others, particularly notables in the media have vetted this Jerry undermining McCarthy story? I am not a fan of the dysfunctional duo of Jerry and Stephen, but even if it can be validated then - so what? McCarthy has been well paid and been at it for 5 years. He can always resign, that would be a good in the media counter-punch.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Jerry Jones is not only the worst owner but also the worst person in the NFL.
This is true, especially the first part. And what makes the last 28 years even funnier is Jerry did this to himself. He was instrumental in getting the salary cap era started back in the mid 1990's because he wanted to save a buck, and in the process he killed his own franchise.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
No I agree with the last part Mike McCarthy's lucky to have a job and Dan Quinn should have never had the option they probably should have both been fired and not let back on the plane so that embarrassment.... So now we're crying and trying to stick up for Mike McCarthy who by the way you do realize that somehow this man's not a genius that somehow our GM has given him enough weapons here and bring it back virtually the same team as last year that's 136 games two division titles three straight playoffs they've been to the playoffs 5 out eight years that's what you call undermining somehow you forget that there's a whole bunch of NFL's that are climbing at our feet 6..

So if Jerry such a bad GM please explain to me how it is they're about 28 teams that are finishing below us on a yearly basis I mean what are they then if if what Jerry does is undermine his team then why are the Washington and New York Giants always finishing last in the division and somehow the Cowboys are beating the Eagles who are doing all this not undermining stuff this all in attitude please explain to me how bad at GM Jerry is to having this poor fan base believe we're being undermined even though we're finishing top six in the league out of 32 teams So what do you call their GM's I mean what do you call their head coaches that are losing to us that are below us in all the rankings why are we getting all these primetime games from the league if we're so bad I'm still trying to figure out other than some frustration I'm not going further in the playoffs how this team is a bigger joke as you all make it out in here I'm still trying to figure it out just because we're not as good as the top three teams we share our better than about 28 other teams in this league and I don't care what they're doing in the offseason...

We all in here business conversation before you literally have to explain to me how a horrible team with a horrible coach and a horrible GM and an overrated quarterback and a bunch of cupcake soft players that don't know how to win somehow keep finishing in top six when these other teams who are apparently better than us that their GM's spend more money than us they make more moves than us and then they lose to us wait I don't get it I I mean I want the Super bowl again too but you all make me have these rants because I'm trying to figure out if garry's this big a clown in this team is this soft how is it that we're getting all these primetime games and we're winning all these games in the regular season? Given the fact that what there are 12 to 14 teams that are actually making it into the playoffs because they added some wild card games but we were in the second seed we actually won our division and somehow we're crying for Mike McCarthy and I don't really even understand it the man's got enough weapons to do what he's done and I've seen other coaches have less because they must have less I mean you have to explain how they if they had more how is it that we're finishing ahead of them in the standings show me all the teams the last three years that's won 36 games two division titles and been to the playoffs three straight years?​
I mean just show me and I know you're gonna say well it only matters what we do in the playoffs yeah but how about all the teams not making the playoffs somehow we're below them because we're coming up short in the playoffs we're below those other 28 teams?​
I’d call the Giants, Eagles, and Commanders GMs people not satisfied with their teams’ performance and trying to improve their teams to be able to reach and win a Super Bowl. All three of those teams, this off season, particularly Washington and Philadelphia have been very aggressive addressing perceived personnel needs. They’re not satisfied to simply wait and see what happens this coming season. I imagine their fans are frustrated too, but at least their teams are trying to close the gap with the Chiefs.

Your attitude McCarthy is lucky to be the Cowboys’ head coach could be looked at from another perspective. If Jerry Jones had a better alternative than McCarthy to be his head coach then why isn’t that person the head coach? Perhaps Jerry should be kissing McCarthy’s feet. Either McCarthy is the best Jerry can do right now, or, Jerry really doesn’t care who his head coach is. I’ll allow you to decide that for yourself.

cowboyed

Reaction score
How many others, particularly notables in the media have vetted this Jerry undermining McCarthy story? I am not a fan of the dysfunctional duo of Jerry and Stephen, but even if it can be validated then - so what? McCarthy has been well paid and been at it for 5 years. He can always resign, that would be a good in the media counter-punch.
Actually I have seen more reports of it now but I am still in the so what me not worried camp. Does it really matter who takes over as head coach if Jerry cans or McCarthy resigns? Head coaching the Cowboys is like putting a racecar driver into a Toyota Corolla with the speed limit capped at 50!

cowboyed

Reaction score
This is true, especially the first part. And what makes the last 28 years even funnier is Jerry did this to himself. He was instrumental in getting the salary cap era started back in the mid 1990's because he wanted to save a buck, and in the process he killed his own franchise.
Overall good enough to have been voted in to the NFL Hall of Fame from an ownership standpoint. He is definitely undermining his own legacy further right now beyond being an out of his league GM. His son Stephen isn't much better.

Rayman70

Reaction score
‘Listen here tubby, you get me my Super Bowl, or you can kiss your buffets at the Star goodbye! And they won’t be making that special lemon meringue pie you love!’

jones-jerry072716-getty-ftrjpg_ag9tjf249j1m1n4oapieyegcn.jpg
Jerry looks like he soiled himself by that look on his mug. Or he needs to release the hounds.

Flamma

Reaction score
The Cowboys have in 14 NFC Championship games (14 since the inaugural one in 1970-71 through the last one 1995-96).
Record is 8 wins, 6 losses.
Where are you getting the extra 2 losses? Are you counting the games against GB in the 60s? They weren't conference championship games. The were NFL league championship games. Before the leagues merged, they had 4 bragging rights games between the champion of the NFL and champion of the AFL. The Vikings and Colts still get credit for winning the NFL championship the years they lose to the Jets and Chiefs. The bragging rights games that followed them doesn't change that fact. Even though the league would like everyone to believe they are the same as today. They were AFL VS NFL games.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I just let our last conversation go because we kept going round in circles, and your arguments had nothing to do with what I was talking about. If you're going to go on rants for every sarcastic comments I make then fine, Ill play along....

I would have had zero issues if Jerry fired McCarthy, but he didn't. Keeping the guy around and doing the minimum to improve the team isn't a recipe for success though.

You keep brining up KC, but as I said in the other thread here is the Chiefs vs Cowboys free agent spending the last three years.....

Chiefs

2022: $115M
2023: $171M
2024: $101M

Cowboys

2022: $96M
2023 $85M
2024: $47M

All the information is available to the public so feel free to actually do some research on what other teams are doing in free agency to have a real discussion instead of just rambling on and on about how other posters are wrong because of how you feel.

The offsesason isnt over so it could change, but the Cowboys literally have the lowest payroll in the NFL this season at $218M. The Chiefs are spending $285M, the Eagles $345. No one was saying they needed to go get a top free agent and sign them to a $100M contract. It's absolutely fair if McCarthy is upset about the RB situation for example where the Cowboys couldn't even pay someone $5M to upgrade the position. Nothing against Eric Kendricks, he is a solid player but he was a 1 year $3M signing. This isn't a guy that teams were lining up to sign. 22 other linebackers received more than him in free agency this year. He's a pretty average player that is an upgrade for us mostly because our linebackers were the worst in the league a year ago.
If that's your version of letting it go that long winded nonsense I'm sorry but I'm standing by my comments because I'm correct in this case Mike McCarthy didn't even deserve to keep his job. He should be happy he didn't get fired that's it I'm gonna keep it short and I'm gonna let it go Mike McCarthy has nothing to complain about he has a team full of really good players from last year most of which are coming back and if he can't work with that that's on him his game plans his adjustments the way he utilizes running back rotation ohh that was questionable last year there were players that shouldn't have been brought in in situations they were , so I'll say it again about 80% of you all and that means everybody is social media sports programs were shocked when Dan Quinn and Mike McCarthy weren't let go within a few weeks from that debacle that Green Bay lost and now people are siding with Mike McCarthy are you kidding me the dude shouldn't even be here matter of fact I don't even know if he'd be in the NFL Jerry didn't bring him out of retirement which a lot of people didn't even like the move but now because it's an anti Jerry rhetoric post now everyone's on Mike McCarthy side isn't that hypocrisy that is best and I sniffed it out and I'm gonna stay heart fast on all my comments I made yesterday I ain't got time today... Move on that's all I gotta tell you you won't let it go you don't like Jerry but somehow this team is a top six team the last three years with a bunch of all pros and pro bowlers and a lot of guys who are underperforming and where does that start they're not being put in the best positions it's been talked about here the decisions in games situational football clock management but now all of a sudden Mike mccarthys Bill Belichick this dude can't do no wrong because you know why it's an anti Jerry rumor by the way this is another clickbait post none of it is real it's being misquoted and twisted so it would get this response if you don't understand that by now you haven't been a Cowboys fan for very long..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Few of us would very likely be inclined to blame Mike McCarthy for getting "fed up" with Jerry. It seems that he steadily gets harder to take with every breath he takes. Old age hasn't been too kind to Jerry. Actually, I wouldn't be shocked to hear it said that he's well into the early stages of dementia.
Of course, that's just coming from one who's seen live cases of some who've been there and done that, but I could possibly be mistaken, however.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry Jones has long been a laughingstock among many of the NFL's ownership members.

Excessive drinking is never especially forgiving for those who drink too much over time. :rolleyes:

The mood swings tend to become increasingly more noticeable with every passing decade.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that's your version of letting it go that long winded nonsense I'm sorry but I'm standing by my comments because I'm correct in this case Mike McCarthy didn't even deserve to keep his job. He should be happy he didn't get fired that's it I'm gonna keep it short and I'm gonna let it go Mike McCarthy has nothing to complain about he has a team full of really good players from last year most of which are coming back and if he can't work with that that's on him his game plans his adjustments the way he utilizes running back rotation ohh that was questionable last year there were players that shouldn't have been brought in in situations they were , so I'll say it again about 80% of you all and that means everybody is social media sports programs were shocked when Dan Quinn and Mike McCarthy weren't let go within a few weeks from that debacle that Green Bay lost and now people are siding with Mike McCarthy are you kidding me the dude shouldn't even be here matter of fact I don't even know if he'd be in the NFL Jerry didn't bring him out of retirement which a lot of people didn't even like the move but now because it's an anti Jerry rhetoric post now everyone's on Mike McCarthy side isn't that hypocrisy that is best and I sniffed it out and I'm gonna stay heart fast on all my comments I made yesterday I ain't got time today... Move on that's all I gotta tell you you won't let it go you don't like Jerry but somehow this team is a top six team the last three years with a bunch of all pros and pro bowlers and a lot of guys who are underperforming and where does that start they're not being put in the best positions it's been talked about here the decisions in games situational football clock management but now all of a sudden Mike mccarthys Bill Belichick this dude can't do no wrong because you know why it's an anti Jerry rumor by the way this is another clickbait post none of it is real it's being misquoted and twisted so it would get this response if you don't understand that by now you haven't been a Cowboys fan for very long..
I see a ship...

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Overall good enough to have been voted in to the NFL Hall of Fame from an ownership standpoint. He is definitely undermining his own legacy further right now beyond being an out of his league GM. His son Stephen isn't much better.
Please.......... the only reason he was voted into the hall was because he helped all the other owners get outrageously wealthy

Mr_437

Reaction score
Everybody tired of Jerry and Stephen. Mike isn't alone and he probably felt this way a year or two ago.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
McCarthy should have been fired this January for the benefit for everyone involved. Forcing him to coach through a lame-duck year is just wasting time for him, the team, and for Jerry. And Jerry doesn't have a lot of time left.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Before you come to that conclusion, you'd have to find out whether MM was happy w/ the LB corps, whether he agreed w/ the Schooner/Williams/Kelvin picks, and maybe Mazi(to be seen).

The team was not prepared due to major holes in personnel on the D. Was that his decision?
Good post. I'm not a Dak lover or hater. I think I have a pretty good idea who he is...and heres is what I will say. Dak is not talented enough to be the reason this team wins 4 straight playoff games...but thats okay. Only 2 or 3 QBs are. But this defense AND the run game is also not talented enough win 4 straight postseason games. If there are coaches or personell people in the building that sold Jerry on using a 2nd round pick on Jaylon Smith AND giving him an extension...they should never hold jobs in the NFL anymore.
If there are personnel people in that building that told Jerry we did not NEED Bobby Wagner...they should never work in the NFL again.
If there are personnel people in that building that told Jerry we did not NEED Derrick Henry...they should never work in the NFL again.
If there are personnel people in that building told Jerry get rid of Amari Cooper and re-sign Galllup that we did not NEED Derrick Henry...they should never work in the NFL again.

There are lots of reason why we cannot win 1 playoff game...yet alone 4 in the same postseason.

Motorola

Reaction score
Where are you getting the extra 2 losses? Are you counting the games against GB in the 60s? They weren't conference championship games. The were NFL league championship games. Before the leagues merged, they had 4 bragging rights games between the champion of the NFL and champion of the AFL. The Vikings and Colts still get credit for winning the NFL championship the years they lose to the Jets and Chiefs. The bragging rights games that followed them doesn't change that fact. Even though the league would like everyone to believe they are the same as today. They were AFL VS NFL games.
2,___1970-71 & 1971-72 v. SF --both wins (2-0)
2___'72-73 v. WAS & '73-74, v. MIN -both losses (2-2)
3____'75-76 v. LAR, '77'-78 v. MIN, '78-79 V. LAR - all wins (5-2)
3____'80-81 v. PHL, '81-82 v. SF, '82-83 v. WAS -all losses (5-5)
2____'92-93 & '93-94 v. SF - both wins (7-5)
1____'94-95 v. SF - loss (7-6)
1____'95-96 v. GB - win (8-6)
In summary: Cowboys played in 14 NFC championship games;
Overall record___8 wins, 6 losses.