Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy reportedly getting 'fed up' with Jerry Jones

blueblood70

Reaction score
I see a ship...
ALL I see his hypocrisy

all these people in here many about 80% wanted Mike McCarthy gone and now all of a sudden 80% are supporting Mike McCarthy only because it's an anti Jerry Jones rhetoric that's it all of a sudden Mike McCarthy's a real popular man in here as if he deserved a new deal and now he's getting undermoned:lmao:?? I say that's utter nonsense the man has to earn his deal just like a lot of players in their contract years why can't coaches have contract years why do they have to be called lame duck years when it to me it's just called to prove it year put up or shut up...

Being set up for failure would have looked a whole lot different in my opinion that means they probably would have tried to move Prescott started trying to make some trades and start dismantling this team and literally I'd say about 80% of the teams the same as it was last year the same 12 win season team that was the second seed and I don't see how Jerry Jones would have kept Prescott under this much of A cap hit if he was trying to undermine the head coach I believe he wants both to succeed and is making them both go prove it..

But the nonsense is all the support Mike McCarthy is getting now when nobody wanted him back not many anyway I thought he should get one more year but not a new deal the man's lucky he didn't get fired Jerry Jones shouldn't even let Dan Quinn and Mike McCarthy back on the plane just told him to take a separate flight put his foot down and really showed who's boss because both of them were an embarrassment in the preparation and the understanding on how to even bring some competitive game plans into this thing I mean they literally look like they mailed it in..

phildadon86

Reaction score
Jerry undermines all his head coaches. McCarthy should’ve been fired after the debacle in the playoffs. He’s lucky to still have a head coaching job.
Should have been fired after the penalty fest in San Fran and his quote of "we will fix that in the off-season"

I would have canned him on the spot.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

Some believe Mike McCarthy is entering the final year of his contract with the Dallas Cowboys as a "lame duck" head coach. There is no question that it is Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy in Big D, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' decision-makers did not make any aggressive moves in the offseason to improve their roster.

Tyler Dunne of Go Long says he spoke with Cowboys sources who discussed McCarthy's approach entering the 2024 season. For starters, they believe allowing McCarthy to coach on the final year of his contract is a mistake. Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. And, according to Dunne, McCarthy is getting fed up with the situation.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=7cd1f5a88e024279dffca41ce3f59933&ei=13

BB1oHVw4.img
Who cares??????????? MM put himself in this predicament and now it's up to him to deliver a deep playoff run or he's gone...................

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

Some believe Mike McCarthy is entering the final year of his contract with the Dallas Cowboys as a "lame duck" head coach. There is no question that it is Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy in Big D, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' decision-makers did not make any aggressive moves in the offseason to improve their roster.

Tyler Dunne of Go Long says he spoke with Cowboys sources who discussed McCarthy's approach entering the 2024 season. For starters, they believe allowing McCarthy to coach on the final year of his contract is a mistake. Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. And, according to Dunne, McCarthy is getting fed up with the situation.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=7cd1f5a88e024279dffca41ce3f59933&ei=13

BB1oHVw4.img
Really. We have been fed up with Jerry Dumbo GM Jones for 30 years and not getting paid to do it.

The Big Blue M&M needs to save that salary for 2024 and move on.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Jerry undermines all his head coaches. McCarthy should’ve been fired after the debacle in the playoffs. He’s lucky to still have a head coaching job.
Exactly. You have to deal with Jerry but most GM's in the league don't bring you back with a one year left on your contract after that debacle against GB. Deal with it and take Jerrah's money for another year. Hell you could lose in the wildcard game or not make the playoffs and Jerrah still might stay with you and give you a deal just prove everyone wrong.

slick325

Reaction score
Can anyone blame him if he is fed up with Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones? Where do you begin?

The fact that the Owner/GM and his EVP son have radio shows before the HC has his show. Meaning, any medical updates and depth chart details generally come from the Owner/GM and his son.

The way Jerry Jones openly flirted in the media with the idea of replacing McCarthy with Sean Payton after a 12 win season. This led to McCarthy saying on Rich Eisen's show (if I'm not mistaken) that the Cowboys organization is unlike any he has ever been a part of in his entire career.

Maybe Jerry Jones refusing to shutdown all talk about McCarthy's contract the week before the biggest home game of the year (WC game vs. the Packers 2024). Leading to McCarthy answering questions about Jerry saying that he will see how things turnout in the playoffs before extending the HC that won 12 games three seasons in a row. Knowing his entertaining the subject, Jerry made it a talking point during game week.

Finally, the 2024 offseason. The Jones boys doing absolutely nothing in free agency to attempt to improve the roster. The Jones boys not re-signing QB1. The Jones boys not getting CeeDee Lamb extended, leading to him missing time with the team. Going into the season with the worst RB room in the NFL. No upgrades to the DT position.

Yeah, I'd be fed up, too. That doesn't even include the lame duck status of McCarthy's contract. Jerry and Stephen have set McCarthy up for failure with the way they handled the 2024 offseason.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

people think. Mike knows the finances and he also liked being able to pick the players, which he couldn’t do in Green Bay.
He is still coaching without a net in 2024

fivetwos

Reaction score
Please.......... the only reason he was voted into the hall was because he helped all the other owners get outrageously wealthy
I’m not going to argue it to death the way people do around here, and I’m only guessing, but I also suspect that him getting inducted when he did had a lot to do with the Dalrymple situation.

That guy had many connections, friends and influence…and he also got himself into a potentially very problematic situation within his own work environment. Somehow that wasn’t revealed until afterward, and Dalrymple didn’t get fired or worse. Vindictive Jerry let that one go? Hmmmm…

‘Push for me to get inducted, and we can make this go away…’ something of that nature.

I’m not saying that Jerry doesn’t deserve the HOF. He does for his contribution to the league, I just don’t think it should have happened before retirement. Someone pushed hard, maybe to save themselves.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not going to argue it to death the way people do around here, and I’m only guessing, but I also suspect that him getting inducted when he did had a lot to do with the Dalrymple situation.

That guy had many connections, friends and influence…and he also got himself into a potentially very problematic situation within his own work environment. Somehow that wasn’t revealed until afterward, and Dalrymple didn’t get fired or worse. Vindictive Jerry let that one go? Hmmmm…

‘Push for me to get inducted, and we can make this go away…’ something of that nature.

I’m not saying that Jerry doesn’t deserve the HOF. He does for his contribution to the league, I just don’t think it should have happened before retirement. Someone pushed hard, maybe to save themselves.
A Contributor category was added to the Selection Process in 2015 bringing the total number of Finalists to 18. (link)

Jerry Jones was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a contributor in 2017. Coincidence? Maybe.

Maybe not.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
people like to bash Craig Carton here (I get why) but he was supportive this morning calling this report nonsense and bashing the source

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think everyone is frustrated with the offseason and ownership after the last few seasons and mostly standing pat. It does feel like a wasted season unless there's a number of young players that step up and Zimmer fixes the run d.

I still expect they will be in the playoffs though.
It's good to hear that someone hereabouts hasn't given up just yet. There's no denying, however, that if one were inclined to do so, this would surely be a good time to consider it. I haven't gotten around to giving up, myself and am hoping there are many others here who feel the same. The coming season should be one that should be fascinating, just to see how when a coach such as Mike McCarthy is able to keep dodging the bullets that are being fired against him. I feel sure that he'll do whatever he can to survive the perils of a FO that doesn't appreciate him enough.

I'm seeing several things that are currently going on with the Cowboys team on both sides of the ball that should be of great interest to each and every fan of the Cowboys to stay tuned to them. Their experiences in the upcoming season should be one that will see several rookies that are of interest, just to see how well they're able to survive all the negative surroundings that the Cowboys have to endure. Will they be able to offer nearly enough to save this team from disaster? If so, that should encourage all of us to follow the goings-on with much fascination. Don't give up, not yet. ;)

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
2,___1970-71 & 1971-72 v. SF --both wins (2-0)
2___'72-73 v. WAS & '73-74, v. MIN -both losses (2-2)
3____'75-76 v. LAR, '77'-78 v. MIN, '78-79 V. LAR - all wins (5-2)
3____'80-81 v. PHL, '81-82 v. SF, '82-83 v. WAS -all losses (5-5)
2____'92-93 & '93-94 v. SF - both wins (7-5)
1____'94-95 v. SF - loss (7-6)
1____'95-96 v. GB - win (8-6)
In summary: Cowboys played in 14 NFC championship games;
Overall record___8 wins, 6 losses.
I've been shamed. Even though I was too young to watch, I should have remembered that bit of history.

Motorola

Reaction score
I've been shamed. Even though I was too young to watch, I should have remembered that bit of history.
Flamma - don't be too hard on yourself.
I've watched all of those conference championship games - and yet misremember players involved, key moments, etc.as time goes by.

It seems apropos that on the eve of a milestone = 65th season for the franchise...the squad its current state is an enigma.
A three-year regular season stretch that is complimentary= ranks highly with previous renditions of Cowboys teams - but the playoff results have been gut-wretching.
HOWEVER ---- the Cowboys' 2024 season opener at Cleveland Browns Stadium is just 11 weeks away -‐-time to tune into what the training camp roster can provided toward a solid, winning team.

kskboys

Reaction score
That’s been a big part of the problem all along, this is just a different area of it.

The coaches are fully clipped and undermined.

Jerry doesn’t get it and/or doesn’t care. He wants to be the man, and that’s that. At least one coordinator has to always be hand picked by him and the HC has to live with it if they want the job, Parcells included.

It’s been problematic every single time.
Yup. A business model that doesn't work.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, this season isn't anything like 2010. When Garrett was hired as OC in 2007 he was promised the HC position, but had to wait until the right time. 2010 was the right time in Jerry's eyes.

There's no JGeezy waiting in the wings this time.
Ahem. Zimmer.

kskboys

Reaction score

people think. Mike knows the finances and he also liked being able to pick the players, which he couldn’t do in Green Bay.
He is still coaching without a net in 2024

OK, but who is this idiot who claims Jerry isn't responsible for the clusterfudge vs GB? I mean, is this guy really that dumb that he doesn't comprehend the role of a GM?

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
This would not surprise me at all. As stated before, I can see Mike giving Jerry the finger on an extension if he has a highly successful season and an offer from another team. Hell, pay attention to his body language during their joint presser. Not to mention his recent statement that no one wants to be on a one-year contract.

I think Dak could feel the same way.

Imagine getting to the NFCCG and losing your head coach and franchise QB.
Thank goodness we don’t have to worry about that happening :laugh: