Signed by Cowboys Cowboys hire Ramon Chinyoung assistant O Line coach

Aven8

Reaction score
So much for Jerry saying 29 coaches was too many last year.

quickccc

Reaction score
One of my best friends is a big time Denver fan and he has said that he’s really good with the players and is an up and coming guy.

He really knows football and I trust him on this. He’s right more than he’s wrong.

Meh ... Give me Mike Munchak ... :rolleyes:

Carson

Reaction score
Meh ... Give me Mike Munchak ... :rolleyes:
These guys don’t/won’t come here for “one year deals”. With the uncertainty at Head Coach from year to year, that’s why you only see McCarthy guys or no name guys coming here to build their resume.

Munchak, Callahan or any respectable guy does not need the Dallas one year deal when they can coach wherever they want.

quickccc

Reaction score
With Joe Philibin being a longtime and close associate of Mike McCarthy, .i still greatly wonder what was the reasons for Cowboys organization forcing out Philibin, for a new, different OL coach.
I'm finding incredibly hard to believe it was McCarthy's decision and say so.

- I can only speculate that the end of Philbin, could have attributed towards Philibin reportedly not fond of selecting Tyler Smith in the NFL draft.
and then there's Conner Williams, an invested 2nd rd pick, departing on to Dolphins as a FA, but a center (not a LG as he was in Dallas) to very quickly become a pro bowl caliber center.

- And then there's one of my pet peeves in regards to the run game design,..which was so bland, simplistic and predictable. How many times have i seen the
backs hit in the backfield by unblocked tacklers off the edge, and it seemed offered very little misdirection - always easy to quickly key in on the runner in backfield.
But i couldn't argue or complain how Philibin worked magic vs injury, and made in-game adjustments.

- i do wonder what's gonna happen on with the QB,..RB coaches ...
Ditto with Quinn's unit with the new DT and LB coaches.

quickccc

Reaction score
These guys don’t/won’t come here for “one year deals”. With the uncertainty at Head Coach from year to year, that’s why you only see McCarthy guys or no name guys coming here to build their resume.

Munchak, Callahan or any respectable guy does not need the Dallas one year deal when they can coach wherever they want.
- Who would set their mind to think one year and done deals ? Who come here thinking eventual failure at end of the year ?

- And if that were the case, would a Solari, a longtime NFL OL coach agreed to be hired on here ? His name and resume as been around for some time.

- Ditto with Schottenhemeir - who is a in-house hire and already on McCarthy's staff. (i tend to think that was the backup plan all along)
Seattle offense actually was up there during his stint, although he is not gonna have Kellen Moore type control of the offense.

- Frankly we already know Cahallan was very bitter with his experiences here with the Cowboys. with the way he was demoted and i would've been utterly stunned.
Ironically that he was never offered or made an OC again in the NFL, once he departed Dallas. Just an OL coach.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We know nothing about the man so we assume the worst. Typical Cowboys Nation. Coaches talk. Maybe this guy has a great young mind. There are enough old coaches in the NFL and Chinyoung will be learning from one. Kudos to McCarthy for giving him a chance.
Right, all these couch / basement GM's, QB's know it alls, coaches, all rolled into one. Never have anything good to say about anything. Their players would really want to give it their all to play hard when nothing is ever good enough.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Maybe they don't want to come here, not because of Jerry or MM. But because of the hateful fans that hate on everything and every player.
:lmao:
:popcorn:

If fans change their attitude, then players may also. :muttley:

Carson

Reaction score
- Who would set their mind to think one year and done deals ? Who come here thinking eventual failure at end of the year ?
They likely don’t think or sign one year deals. But with McCarthy you don’t know how long he will stick around. He’s been good. But not great. Philbin was here from 2020-2022.
- And if that were the case, would a Solari, a longtime NFL OL coach agreed to be hired on here ? His name and resume as been around for some time.
He was not employed last season. Wether it is his choice or not. But 31 other teams could have had him as well.
- Ditto with Schottenhemeir - who is a in-house hire and already on McCarthy's staff. (i tend to think that was the backup plan all along)
Seattle offense actually was up there during his stint, although he is not gonna have Kellen Moore type control of the offense.
Schottenheimer is a safe hire. He will make this team run the ball and protect the QB. These are moves we needed to make. But yet again, it’s a safe hire.
- Frankly we already know Cahallan was very bitter with his experiences here with the Cowboys. with the way he was demoted and i would've been utterly stunned.
Ironically that he was never offered or made an OC again in the NFL, once he departed Dallas. Just an OL coach.

Some guys just tend to do better as position coaches or coordinators for offense and defense. I would have loved for Callahan to come back. But like you said, it would never happen.

My post wasn’t a “bash Dallas” or be anti anything. It’s simply stating, they haven’t made a splash hire outside of Quinn. There isn’t anything wrong with it.

quickccc

Reaction score
They likely don’t think or sign one year deals. But with McCarthy you don’t know how long he will stick around. He’s been good. But not great. Philbin was here from 2020-2022.

He was not employed last season. Wether it is his choice or not. But 31 other teams could have had him as well.

Schottenheimer is a safe hire. He will make this team run the ball and protect the QB. These are moves we needed to make. But yet again, it’s a safe hire.

Some guys just tend to do better as position coaches or coordinators for offense and defense. I would have loved for Callahan to come back. But like you said, it would never happen.

My post wasn’t a “bash Dallas” or be anti anything. It’s simply stating, they haven’t made a splash hire outside of Quinn. There isn’t anything wrong with it.
Re: “ They likely don’t think or sign one year deals. But with McCarthy you don’t know how long he will stick around. He’s been good. But not great. Philbin was here from 2020-2022. “

Exactly. They don’t come in a hire as thinking/expecting failure in one year and I’m out.
Philibin did not know or expect he’d be unsigned after a 12-5 season, and what looked like a successful year at working the OL. (ala Tyler, Steele, and McGovern)

And the Cowboys kept certain asst/position coaches when Garrett got fired, .... and McCarthy was hired on.
This year seemed to be a mix of both post-Garrett and current McCarthy's guys being departed
(Garrett leftovers: Kellen, Nussmeier, Lett, Edwards) ... ( McCarthy related: Philiin, Scott McClure, Jeff Blasko)

Re: " He was not employed last season. Wether it is his choice or not. But 31 other teams could have had him as well."

- Heck, Mike Munchak is still out there, he is still not employed ,.. heck Marc Columbo is still out there.
It does happen with even well-credentials assistants, how much is in according with philosophy teams, HC’s prefer to install.

Just as certain asst/position coaches tend to get fired or unsigned because of a difference in philosophies,. . or could it even be a personal demeanor ?
Some guys, coaches on a tempermental sense, may not be that able to get along with other/certain coaches.

bigE79

Reaction score
j5ocjy8ynqzbpnldz6ig.jpg

Ramon Chinyoung
OFFENSIVE QUALITY CONTROL
Experience: 1 year

Biography
Ramon Chinyoung Sr. enters his first season as an offensive quality control coach for the Denver Broncos in 2022. He was hired by the club on Feb. 14.

Chinyoung joins the Broncos with 10 years of full-time coaching experience, most recently serving as head coach/campus coordinator at Fort Bend Willowridge High School (Houston) from 2020-21. In two seasons at the helm, Chinyoung led the Eagles to a combined 11-8 record and an appearance in the 2020 Texas High School Football Playoffs.
Not what I expected when I first read his name...lol

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
With Joe Philibin being a longtime and close associate of Mike McCarthy, .i still greatly wonder what was the reasons for Cowboys organization forcing out Philibin, for a new, different OL coach.
I'm finding incredibly hard to believe it was McCarthy's decision and say so.

- I can only speculate that the end of Philbin, could have attributed towards Philibin reportedly not fond of selecting Tyler Smith in the NFL draft.
and then there's Conner Williams, an invested 2nd rd pick, departing on to Dolphins as a FA, but a center (not a LG as he was in Dallas) to very quickly become a pro bowl caliber center.

- And then there's one of my pet peeves in regards to the run game design,..which was so bland, simplistic and predictable. How many times have i seen the
backs hit in the backfield by unblocked tacklers off the edge, and it seemed offered very little misdirection - always easy to quickly key in on the runner in backfield.
But i couldn't argue or complain how Philibin worked magic vs injury, and made in-game adjustments.

- i do wonder what's gonna happen on with the QB,..RB coaches ...
Ditto with Quinn's unit with the new DT and LB coaches.
Agree, the run blocking scheme was awful, be it the predictability of KM offense or inability to coach basic blocking schemes to get body on body , we missed out several simple runs, the RBs ( basically Pollard ) has to make things happen by quickness or breaking tackles … that was not good.

We need to get back to a NFL standard blocking and run game which at least averages around 4 yards per carry to help the play action game to work.