Signed by Cowboys Cowboys hire Ramon Chinyoung assistant O Line coach

kazzd58

Reaction score
j5ocjy8ynqzbpnldz6ig.jpg

Ramon Chinyoung
OFFENSIVE QUALITY CONTROL
Experience: 1 year

Biography
Ramon Chinyoung Sr. enters his first season as an offensive quality control coach for the Denver Broncos in 2022. He was hired by the club on Feb. 14.

Chinyoung joins the Broncos with 10 years of full-time coaching experience, most recently serving as head coach/campus coordinator at Fort Bend Willowridge High School (Houston) from 2020-21. In two seasons at the helm, Chinyoung led the Eagles to a combined 11-8 record and an appearance in the 2020 Texas High School Football Playoffs.
I got a Question? Chinyoung? I’m sorry but I got questions that’s all….

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
With Joe Philibin being a longtime and close associate of Mike McCarthy, .i still greatly wonder what was the reasons for Cowboys organization forcing out Philibin, for a new, different OL coach.
I'm finding incredibly hard to believe it was McCarthy's decision and say so.

- I can only speculate that the end of Philbin, could have attributed towards Philibin reportedly not fond of selecting Tyler Smith in the NFL draft.
and then there's Conner Williams, an invested 2nd rd pick, departing on to Dolphins as a FA, but a center (not a LG as he was in Dallas) to very quickly become a pro bowl caliber center.

- And then there's one of my pet peeves in regards to the run game design,..which was so bland, simplistic and predictable. How many times have i seen the
backs hit in the backfield by unblocked tacklers off the edge, and it seemed offered very little misdirection - always easy to quickly key in on the runner in backfield.
But i couldn't argue or complain how Philibin worked magic vs injury, and made in-game adjustments.

- i do wonder what's gonna happen on with the QB,..RB coaches ...
Ditto with Quinn's unit with the new DT and LB coaches.
Probably start with the salary…Philbin made over 2 million a year reportedly and likely wasn’t gonna take a pay cut. Jerry thought we had too many coaches which also equals to make salary committed there. Start trimming the fat at the top

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Fantastic hire.
sure is lol 1 yr experience , and is loyal, stayed with denver a whole year!
has no NFL level exp with OL but hey ok !
Looks to be a lower level puppet coach. mike likes puppets lol, and ones he knows.(he doesnt know this guy, maybe someone else does,or he is a trainee)
could be why him and jerry get along.

quickccc

Reaction score
Probably start with the salary…Philbin made over 2 million a year reportedly and likely wasn’t gonna take a pay cut. Jerry thought we had too many coaches which also equals to make salary committed there. Start trimming the fat at the top

Yeh, i've heard that "overpaid or too many coaches" per certain media personalities, but i'm not understanding it for the richest, most popular. most prosperous sports organization
in the entire world.

They hired Philibin on, and they agreed to give him that salary 2 years ago, , and that's not an quality control or asst.. LB coach role.
Philibin had a very prominent coach position;
And coaches salaries does not impact players salary cap at all.

- Now its' being decided among the Jones that George Edwards' role is not necessary to Quinn.
- Ditto with Lett's role, that is not necessary to Quinn,
- Per these same media people,.. the word was Quinn was caught quite surprised by Edwards' departure.

- The only personnel role i could maybe understand in salary question is this Ron Davis who supposed to be a personal consultant to McCarthy.
Although you'll see his title as " Assistant Coach .. or " Assistant Head Coach " .
i dunno if Davis' departure was negotiable, or non-negotiable among upper management.
But apparently the Jones deem his office presence as unnecessary.

-

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sure is lol 1 yr experience , and is loyal, stayed with denver a whole year!
has no NFL level exp with OL but hey ok !
Looks to be a lower level puppet coach. mike likes puppets lol, and ones he knows.(he doesnt know this guy, maybe someone else does,or he is a trainee)
could be why him and jerry get along.
He coordinated an entire campus at Fort Bend Willowridge High School.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Yeh, i've heard that "overpaid or too many coaches" per certain media personalities, but i'm not understanding it for the richest, most popular. most prosperous sports organization
in the entire world.

They hired Philibin on, and they agreed to give him that salary 2 years ago, , and that's not an quality control or asst.. LB coach role.
Philibin had a very prominent coach position;
And coaches salaries does not impact players salary cap at all.

- Now its' being decided among the Jones that George Edwards' role is not necessary to Quinn.
- Ditto with Lett's role, that is not necessary to Quinn,
- Per these same media people,.. the word was Quinn was caught quite surprised by Edwards' departure.

- The only personnel role i could maybe understand in salary question is this Ron Davis who supposed to be a personal consultant to McCarthy.
Although you'll see his title as " Assistant Coach .. or " Assistant Head Coach " .
i dunno if Davis' departure was negotiable, or non-negotiable among upper management.
But apparently the Jones deem his office presence as unnecessary.

-
I don’t think it’s really that deep. Jerry probably feels he can get similar production for much less the price on the o line. Just because something doesn’t effect the salary cap- doesn’t mean someone else isn’t taking the hit. Jerry may be a billionaire but he’s not just gonna light money on fire.

They had 29 coaches on staff. I think multiple d line coaches.

quickccc

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s really that deep. Jerry probably feels he can get similar production for much less the price on the o line. Just because something doesn’t effect the salary cap- doesn’t mean someone else isn’t taking the hit. Jerry may be a billionaire but he’s not just gonna light money on fire.

They had 29 coaches on staff. I think multiple d line coaches.
Then apparently Jerry does not believe in his coaches ..his HC .. his coordinators .. but yet it's supposed to be about " Win Now mode "

We're constantly seeing NFL teams that are in the SB, .contesting for the title, because they are adding significant middle ground vet players (Rams, Tampa, Philly)
while we lead with NFL draft and bargain binge vet players. because Jerry thinks those teams will pay the long term price later ..

They were determined to get Dan Quinn to stay as DC, but yet decided they want to handcuff him with lesser assistant coaches help ?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Then apparently Jerry does not believe in his coaches ..his HC .. his coordinators .. but yet it's supposed to be about " Win Now mode "

We're constantly seeing NFL teams that are in the SB, .contesting for the title, because they are adding significant middle ground vet players (Rams, Tampa, Philly)
while we lead with NFL draft and bargain binge vet players. because Jerry thinks those teams will pay the long term price later ..

They were determined to get Dan Quinn to stay as DC, but yet decided they want to handcuff him with lesser assistant coaches help ?
I mean this isn’t far off the approach in free agency…,sign guys who can fill holes for cheaper and have them outperform their contract. It’s no different than sign a new position coach for cheaper and have him have the same success.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I didn't realize Denver's offense had any quality that needed to be controlled.
I read recently that quality control position is an entry level position, and they just do whatever they are told to do.
not much coaching or thinking involved.
After doing that a year or more they might get a position coaching job, like this guy is now OL coach lol.

I would wager there are many guys here at CZ who could be a better more innovative OL coach than this guy.