Twitter: Cowboys hopeful on a deal

USArmyVet

Reaction score
WE WOULDNT BE ANY BETTER. Do you realize the kings ransom it would take to get him? We would be void of draft picks and won't be able to build the defense and stop anyone. Why would we add to a position of strength expecting a better result? Still gotta stop people. WE CANNOT. Sign Dak, keep the picks, and draft good mudders. We need tough high FB IQ players on D.

Just trade the rights to Dak to Houston (via non-exclusive tag) as well as Zeke for Watson and call it a day.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
WE WOULDNT BE ANY BETTER. Do you realize the kings ransom it would take to get him? We would be void of draft picks and won't be able to build the defense and stop anyone. Why would we add to a position of strength expecting a better result? Still gotta stop people. WE CANNOT. Sign Dak, keep the picks, and draft good mudders. We need tough high FB IQ players on D.

Get Dak to take sign the tag. Then trade him and the 10th Pick and another pick to Seattle. Wilson wants out and Seahawks aren't going to keep a disgruntled QB. Tampa just proved you don't build a Super Bowl team through the draft. How many of this draft picks really turn out?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Just trade the rights to Dak to Houston (via non-exclusive tag) as well as Zeke for Watson and call it a day.
will never happen. IMO I think Dak is just as good or better in some ways that cannot be measured. Daks heart, drive...and leadership amongst his teammates is tops. Not so sure WATSON has all those things. Its not just about talent in this league.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, Dak and Aikman really couldn't be more different. Aikman had a lightning-fast release, incredible accuracy, timing, and ability to lead a receiver. His arm talent was elite.
Everything Dak doesn't have.
Add to the above pocket presence and quick decision making and then they wonder why Prescott can't get the big bucks???:muttley:

P.S.let's not also forgotten he is also coming off a major injury.....

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Get Dak to take sign the tag. Then trade him and the 10th Pick and another pick to Seattle. Wilson wants out and Seahawks aren't going to keep a disgruntled QB. Tampa just proved you don't build a Super Bowl team through the draft. How many of this draft picks really turn out?

If you are going to give up that for Wilson go after Watson as he is much younger and could elevate Dallas to an elite level.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
will never happen. IMO I think Dak is just as good or better in some ways that cannot be measured. Daks heart, drive...and leadership amongst his teammates is tops. Not so sure WATSON has all those things. Its not just about talent in this league.

You really are questioning Watson's heart, drive, and leadership???? Okay, there simply are no words.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Tampa Bay's entire core was built thru the draft. With 4 FA's that helped them to a Super Bowl. Come off of it already.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
nope. I never uttered those words at all. I simply stated I think Dak has a higher level of those things. NOT that Watson was void of all of that. Jeesh man...lol

"Daks heart, drive...and leadership amongst his teammates is tops. Not so sure WATSON has all those things"

Those were your words and you specifically stated you are not sure if Watson has all those things thereby saying he lacks either one or more of heart, drive, and leadership.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Watson has decent intangibles. But I won't apologize for saying I think Daks are just better. I trust him 100%. The guy would NEVER EVER complain about anything to the media like others do..ie down in Houston. If we are talking physical tools, Watson all day long.Dak is a team guy thru and thru. Thats what I love about him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What's the saying?

Talk is cheap. They can agree or not agree, until then the fact that they're talking means nothing but that, at least to me...

Talk is cheap but no deal gets done when the 2 sides do not talk at all. Personally I like hearing the 2 sides are talking, does not mean anything until a deal is done but it is always a starting point to talk

Rayman70

Reaction score
"Daks heart, drive...and leadership amongst his teammates is tops. Not so sure WATSON has all those things"

Those were your words and you specifically stated you are not sure if Watson has all those things thereby saying he lacks either one or more of heart, drive, and leadership.
ALL. I never said NONE..big difference. Chill.

Rayman70

Reaction score

and I meant it. Read it again. ALL ..which means I think Watson has some. My gosh lol

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Talk is cheap but no deal gets done when the 2 sides do not talk at all. Personally I like hearing the 2 sides are talking, does not mean anything until a deal is done but it is always a starting point to talk

For sure. But they have "talked" before and no deal got done, so I'm just biding my time until something happens...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
For sure. But they have "talked" before and no deal got done, so I'm just biding my time until something happens...

Yes they have talked before and nothing happened but again no deal happens at all until they start talking. Sorry I'm not the hopeless type I think a deal gets done and as I said I am happy to see them talking because it is the only way it gets resolved. I can't comment too much on how other people feel or how they see things in life.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You really are questioning Watson's heart, drive, and leadership???? Okay, there simply are no words.
nope..He's a good kid..I just think he shouldnt air his grievances to the media. He just signed a MEGA deal. SO now he suddenly comes to his senses? lol...This doesnt smell right coming from a guy of his character nor from ownership. Both parties need to make this right. He signed a deal. He needs to honor it.The team needs to honor him by surrounding him with better talent.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Watson has decent intangibles. But I won't apologize for saying I think Daks are just better. I trust him 100%. The guy would NEVER EVER complain about anything to the media like others do..ie down in Houston. If we are talking physical tools, Watson all day long.Dak is a team guy thru and thru. Thats what I love about him.

Okay so Watson's owner was an unveiled racist, had his #1 WR traded for peanuts, watched as the HC/GM traded away 1st round picks for virtually nothing, and simply asked to be included on a new HC hire which he wasn't.

Dak watched as JJ traded away a 1st round pick for a #1 WR, had another 1st round WR added to the receiving corps, had a former #4 overall RB behind him, and had numerous 1st round draft picks in front of him on the oline.

Yeah, I can see how Watson is just so terrible.....and just because Dak doesn't say anything publically doesn't mean he isn't saying something via his agent and attention seeking brother.....oh, and apparently Dallas offered Dak a lucrative deal at the start of 2019 but after the first 3 games Dak hired a new agent and refused the deal......so please spare me Dak being a 'team player'.....Dak is about Dak.....period.

Lastly, Zeke signed a deal too but he held out and didn't honor it.