Twitter: Cowboys hopeful on a deal

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nope..He's a good kid..I just think he shouldnt air his grievances to the media. He just signed a MEGA deal. SO now he suddenly comes to his senses? lol...This doesnt smell right coming from a guy of his character nor from ownership. Both parties need to make this right. He signed a deal. He needs to honor it.The team needs to honor him by surrounding him with better talent.

Is he? in 2020 he signs a 4 year 159 mill dollar extension and now he want out. $27,000,000 signing bonus, $110,717,123 guaranteed I think they treated him more than fair. I will say the same about Dak, if you demand that type of money then do not complain about the talent around you or desire of the team to win. if Houston did not have the desire to win they would not have forked over the money they did for Watson. Personally if I was a Houston fan I would be pretty PO'ed with Watson and yes I would be questioning him and his character

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
What exactly has Dak done to warrant being a top 4 tp 6 QB?

You're right. Mahomes, Rodgers, and Wilson are no comparison.

Dak IMO is also clearly behind Brady(GOAT), Allen (MVP if not for Rodgers), Watson (I just think he's better and I believe any GM would take him over Dak, including Jerry), and Jackson (former MVP and lead the league in TDs with Hollywood Brown as a #1 reciever). You're right about Herbert also. If he can improve on last year he will be up there too.

I think that out of all those QBs only Mahomes and Brady have as many, if not more, weapons at their disposal than Dak. I also think that Dak clearly needs much more help then a lot of the other top QBs to succeed. That's why a massive contracts scares me.

Dak is better than Lamar, who is one heck of an athlete, but mediocre at best at the actual position of Quarterbacking. Now I agree with you. There is a such thing as eye test, and I respect that. I respect that you feel Watson is better, but I also saw that Dak with Amari out performed Watson with Hopkins. I think many people get caught up on where Dak was drafted, and what he was in year 2. Hes no longer that guy that was a 1 progression passer.

These are things Ive noticed about Dak and this discussion. People dont judge Dak on the same criteria: 1. Dak has always performed when the cowboys were down and the cuffs were removed. It may not always lead to a win, but you have the chance to win. Many times a lead was secured just to have defense give up the lead....AGAIN. 2. Keep in mind. Ive said that Russell Wilson is better. But what has he done with out one heck of a defense, but because he has a superbowl where the Defense was the key element he gets an automatic pass.
3. Would Mahomes have won the games that Dak lost last year before injury if the Defense was giving up 38 points a game. Why is Dak blamed for that?
4. Once again, why is Diggs, John Brown and Beasley not considered help? Diggs had 1550 yds and Beasley had 1000 yds receiving. Plus a defense that stops someone.

My point is this. If Dak had a Defense...he would win games. Hes won games with a mediocre defense and a running game, and he won 13 of them. 12 in row at one point...Dak is the least of our problems. He and Zach Martin are the 2 best players on this team. If this Defense is 75% as good as Baltimore, and Buffalo....Dak wins 12 games easily.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Is he? in 2020 he signs a 4 year 159 mill dollar extension and now he want out. $27,000,000 signing bonus, $110,717,123 guaranteed I think they treated him more than fair. I will say the same about Dak, if you demand that type of money then do not complain about the talent around you or desire of the team to win. if Houston did not have the desire to win they would not have forked over the money they did for Watson. Personally if I was a Houston fan I would be pretty PO'ed with Watson and yes I would be questioning him and his character

So, teams/owners can cut bait on players at literally any point in their careers, but a player whose team is being run by a kindergartener can't air his grievances?

When you pay a player that much money and make him the face of your franchise, if anything, he has even more right to voice his displeasure. The owner built that pedestal and propped him up on it themselves.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Tampa Bay's entire core was built thru the draft. With 4 FA's that helped them to a Super Bowl. Come off of it already.

Brady, Antonio Brown, Gronk and who else didn't come from the draft. Do you think they would have won the Super bowl without these players?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Brady, Antonio Brown, Gronk and who else didn't come from the draft. Do you think they would have won the Super bowl without these players?
Where did they get Wirfs? Vita Vea? Godwin? Evans?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Dak is better than Lamar, who is one heck of an athlete, but mediocre at best at the actual position of Quarterbacking. Now I agree with you. There is a such thing as eye test, and I respect that. I respect that you feel Watson is better, but I also saw that Dak with Amari out performed Watson with Hopkins. I think many people get caught up on where Dak was drafted, and what he was in year 2. Hes no longer that guy that was a 1 progression passer.

These are things Ive noticed about Dak and this discussion. People dont judge Dak on the same criteria: 1. Dak has always performed when the cowboys were down and the cuffs were removed. It may not always lead to a win, but you have the chance to win. Many times a lead was secured just to have defense give up the lead....AGAIN. 2. Keep in mind. Ive said that Russell Wilson is better. But what has he done with out one heck of a defense, but because he has a superbowl where the Defense was the key element he gets an automatic pass.
3. Would Mahomes have won the games that Dak lost last year before injury if the Defense was giving up 38 points a game. Why is Dak blamed for that?
4. Once again, why is Diggs, John Brown and Beasley not considered help? Diggs had 1550 yds and Beasley had 1000 yds receiving. Plus a defense that stops someone.

My point is this. If Dak had a Defense...he would win games. Hes won games with a mediocre defense and a running game, and he won 13 of them. 12 in row at one point...Dak is the least of our problems. He and Zach Martin are the 2 best players on this team. If this Defense is 75% as good as Baltimore, and Buffalo....Dak wins 12 games easily.

If Dak needs one of the two best defenses in the league to win 75% of his games, he's not worth elite QB money.

Reaction score

that dude would be like “only 4 FAs” and they would be Tom Brady, Prime Jerry Rice, Prime Emmitt, and Prime Reggie White...

hahahaha

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So, teams/owners can cut bait on players at literally any point in their careers, but a player whose team is being run by a kindergartener can't air his grievances?

When you pay a player that much money and make him the face of your franchise, if anything, he has even more right to voice his displeasure. The owner built that pedestal and propped him up on it themselves.

They paid him in 2020 and now wants out because he is upset about not enough players around him? He asked for the contract and with that come certain limitation a team now has. Yes damn right I put the fault on him, he got exactly what he wanted but now wants to cry about other players, should have taken less money I guess. Houston was not looking cut him they made him the 2nd highest paid QB in the NFL only behind Mahomes and after 1 season whines about it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Houston traded away arguably its second-most valuable player, star wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins, netting oft-injured running back David Johnson and a second-round pick in the process. I'd be pissed too if I were Watson.

dckid

Reaction score
Not us, you. I'll be getting ready for Super Bowls.
Hahah. I really needed that laugh. I guess you must be 15 because you missed the past 26 years and all of Jimmy’s years. I can’t think of one thing this org has done that makes me think a Super Bowl is possible...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Hahah. I really needed that laugh. I guess you must be 15 because you missed the past 26 years and all of Jimmy’s years. I can’t think of one thing this org has done that makes me think a Super Bowl is possible...
I've been around since before the 1st SB win. You're just negative and a quitter. You be you. I'll be positive and eternally hopeful.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

If only Dak had this or that or the other thing then he would have won......so very sad the excuses.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Houston traded away arguably its second-most valuable player, star wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins, netting oft-injured running back David Johnson and a second-round pick in the process. I'd be pissed to if I were Watson.

Yes they did trade Hopkins because there was no way to sign Hopkins who is now the highest paid WR in the NFL and sign Watson as the 2nd highest paid QB in the NFL. I agree in terms of trade value not good but Houston was not going to be able to keep Hopkins and they knew it so they looked to trade him. Again I do not begrudge a player getting his money and that is what Watson got was his money but with it comes limitation the team must deal with and that is not part of Watson contract to be highest paid player and GM. If he was concerned with the talent then he had the ability to take less. You want the big bucks then deal with the ramification that come with it. I will say the same with Dak, he wants the big bucks then it is his job to go out with lesser talent and win, people here claim no way we can keep all 3 WR and they likely are correct, everyone can't get what they want.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
If only Dak had this or that or the other thing then he would have won......so very sad the excuses.

See, and this is what the Dakster will not accept. Yes, we need other parts of the team so Dak can thrive, but if he wants all the freaking pie, then no excuses for his poor play...but, he will be rich, and the Cowboys will suffer.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yes they did trade Hopkins because there was no way to sign Hopkins who is now the highest paid WR in the NFL and sign Watson as the 2nd highest paid QB in the NFL. I agree in terms of trade value not good but Houston was not going to be able to keep Hopkins and they knew it so they looked to trade him. Again I do not begrudge a player getting his money and that is what Watson got was his money but with it comes limitation the team must deal with and that is not part of Watson contract to be highest paid player and GM. If he was concerned with the talent then he had the ability to take less. You want the big bucks then deal with the ramification that come with it.

So based on that logic how should Dallas afford to pay Dak to what may be a Top 5 contract for QB's (if not more) while also paying Amari Cooper to what will be the #4 highest overall wide receiver???

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes they did trade Hopkins because there was no way to sign Hopkins who is now the highest paid WR in the NFL and sign Watson as the 2nd highest paid QB in the NFL. I agree in terms of trade value not good but Houston was not going to be able to keep Hopkins and they knew it so they looked to trade him. Again I do not begrudge a player getting his money and that is what Watson got was his money but with it comes limitation the team must deal with and that is not part of Watson contract to be highest paid player and GM. If he was concerned with the talent then he had the ability to take less. You want the big bucks then deal with the ramification that come with it. I will say the same with Dak, he wants the big bucks then it is his job to go out with lesser talent and win, people here claim no way we can keep all 3 WR and they likely are correct, everyone can't get what they want.
They should've have figured out a way to keep Hopkins. That's what's Watson's thinking.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So based on that logic how should Dallas afford to pay Dak to what may be a Top 5 contract for QB's (if not more) while also paying Amari Cooper to what will be the #4 highest overall wide receiver???

Based on that logic there will be more pressure on Dak to win with fewer or at least younger parts. Cooper I think it more likely to have his deal restructured, Lamb contract not an issue at this time because he is on a rookie deal, Gallup I think it will be tough to keep him. All I'm saying is player whine about money then get it and want to be GM with no clue of the cap the team now much contend with. Watson did not have to take the deal he did but he did and with it came limitation the team had to contend with. Rodgers can't get all the parts in GB such as defense, Russell Wilson is making noise as well but they were not making a sound when it came to their own pay. Really they can't be that stupid to think they can get their and have all pro's through out the team, does not work that way.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They should've have figured out a way to keep Hopkins. That's what's Watson's thinking.

Watson could have taken less, teams look at their cap beyond 1 year and Houston knew there was no way to pay both and choose Watson and traded Hopkins and I agree I think they did not get enough. Fact is players are paid to play and Watson was paid a kings ransom he should not then dictate to any team of the players they should keep or bring in via FA since it is his contract that creates the issue.

dckid

Reaction score
I've been around since before the 1st SB win. You're just negative and a quitter. You be you. I'll be positive and eternally hopeful.
Oh ok great to know your an old timer. I am obviously not as old. I would think you could see the big picture.. this current team has no resemblance to the Landry Years or Johnson years.
Rudderless ship for over 25 years. But I guess let’s overpay a good QB. That solves all the problems.
Like it did for the Rams, Eagles, Niners, Vikings... Everyone of those teams have changed their Qb or will change their Qb..
Paying Dak 40+ is literally idiotic.This decision will cascade into more terrible decisions.