News: Cowboys infected with too much optimism? Jerry Jones: We're a glass half-full team

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
823983.jpg

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/n...too-much-optimism-?blockID=943795&feedID=4680
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones talks with son executive vice president Stephen Jones during halftime against the St. Louis Rams at AT&T Stadium. (Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports)
Cowboys infected with too much optimism? Jerry Jones: We're a glass half-full team
JON MACHOTA |
Published: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 5:43pm
spacer.gif

Jerry Jones showed Tuesday another example of how far his optimism can reach.

During the first few minutes of a local radio interview, the Dallas Cowboys owner and general manger seemed to be having a great morning. Then he dropped the news that Pro Bowl defensive end Anthony Spencer is probably facing season-ending knee surgery.

But then Jones went right back to talking about how well defensive coaches Monte Kiffin and Rod Marinelli have utilized their talent upfront. He sounded nothing like an owner who recently learned he's likely about to be without one of his top 10 players for the remainder of the season.

Former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson said Sunday that the Cowboys have a disease called "optimistic infection." Johnson made the case that the Cowboys think too highly of themselves after wins and the result is usually getting back to reality and suffering a loss the following week.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Just because Jimmy said it don't make it biblical. :rolleyes:

Jimmy is no more than a talking-head that has been far removed from the Cowboys for years now. But I guess this is news-worthy stuff, eh?

visionary

Reaction score
I believe the disease is known as

Optimisticus continuaa

It is in the jones family

The usual course is chronic progressive with no known cure

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Unfortunately judging by our history, jimmy is correct.
But things can change... I'm a glass half full kinda guy.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
My $.02

You can either be 1/2 full (optimist) of 1/2 empty (pessimist) attitude, either is still 50%.
Blame Jerry all you want, but at this stage during the season it's players and then coaches.

jnday

Reaction score
I'd rather be infected with optimism than a lot of other things.

It depends on what the other things are. There is nothing wrong with optimism if it is kept at a reasonable level. I have never understood this "positive" or your evil attitude from these posters. They would be wise to realize that some fan on a team message board has no bearing on the team wheather they have a positive attitude or negative attitude. Some of these guys act like they are part of the roster.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Just because Jimmy said it don't make it biblical. :rolleyes:

Jimmy is no more than a talking-head that has been far removed from the Cowboys for years now. But I guess this is news-worthy stuff, eh?

Jerry's history without Jimmy speaks for itself.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me what Jimmy Johnson has done in the NFL after leaving Jerry?

Works both ways he did squat. At least Jerrah is still in the ring swinging not talking about it.