News: Cowboys infected with too much optimism? Jerry Jones: We're a glass half-full team

jnday

Reaction score
Bad guess. Still waiting for an answer to my question.

Jimmy did a good job in Miami and then decided to retire. He had nothing left to prove. Jerry is still trying to prove that he can field a contender with a team that was not built by Jimmy. Bless your heart, you love some Jerry don't you?

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
First of all I don't think Jimmy was talking about fans being optimistic. What fans think or say have little effect on the teams success. He is talking about eternally. As parcels used to say, don't eat the cheese! Don't believe your own hype. It helps keep you from getting complacent and fat.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me what Jimmy Johnson has done in the NFL after leaving Jerry?

Works both ways he did squat. At least Jerrah is still in the ring swinging not talking about it.

Wow.. you really went there didn't you? You love you some Jerry and Romo don't you? haha

Staubacher

Reaction score
Wow.. you really went there didn't you? You love you some Jerry and Romo don't you? haha

Oh so Jimmy did well in Miami? Halfway decent in the regular season and obliterated in the playoffs.

I thought that made someone a loser choker but I must be mistaken.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Jimmy is right but I also think with some of the changes on the staff and even in Garrett this season, we could see a change in how the Cowboys respond. Right now all Jimmy has to go by is what has been the case not how things will be in the future. I think this team knows how to deal with adversity now they need to show they can deal with success.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Jimmy did a good job in Miami and then decided to retire. He had nothing left to prove. Jerry is still trying to prove that he can field a contender with a team that was not built by Jimmy. Bless your heart, you love some Jerry don't you?

He lost his last game 62-7 to the Jaguars. Nothing left to prove lollolol

Marino retired after that and thanked everyone but Jimmy Johnson.

My point isn't, and that was clear, that Jimmy wasn't a great coach for us. I asked what he did in the NFL since and it wasn't much. So yeah it's easy to be an analyst and throw out criticism of those still in the arena.

Pretty simple point but as usual the "intellects" here make it a you're a hater, you love Jerry, kool aid blah blah

Staubacher

Reaction score

It's just not possible for you to leave Romo out of any discussion at all? He was never brought up here until once again your obsession takes over.

jnday

Reaction score
He lost his last game 62-7 to the Jaguars. Nothing left to prove lollolol

Marino retired after that and thanked everyone but Jimmy Johnson.

My point isn't, and that was clear, that Jimmy wasn't a great coach for us. I asked what he did in the NFL since and it wasn't much. So yeah it's easy to be an analyst and throw out criticism of those still in the arena.

Pretty simple point but as usual the "intellects" here make it a you're a hater, you love Jerry, kool aid blah blah

You simply come across as a fan that thinks Jerry is on the same level as Jimmy when it comes to being a football man. If you want a PR man for the team, or somebody to sell jerseys, Jerry is your man. If you want a man that has had success at every level on the game and knows how to build winning football teams, Jimmy is the choice. At no time should these two be compared unless it is under those guidelines.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You simply come across as a fan that thinks Jerry is on the same level as Jimmy when it comes to being a football man. If you want a PR man for the team, or somebody to sell jerseys, Jerry is your man. If you want a man that has had success at every level on the game and knows how to build winning football teams, Jimmy is the choice. At no time should these two be compared unless it is under those guidelines.

But they did benefit each other. Even players like Aikman have said as much. Jimmy is a great coach but Jimmy never dealt with one single contract in Dallas that was the role of Jerry to deal with the players. It was also Jerry who took the criticism of firing a beloved HC in Landry to hire a college coach in Jimmy but Jerry took the heat. Cowboys success can be contributed to both men and neither did as well when the other was gone.

bark

Reaction score
Matters not how full the glass is or what's in it. Jerry's gonna down it and ask for a refill.

Staubacher

Reaction score

Please frame your own arguments not mine.

I asked a simple question - what did Jimmy do in the NFL post-Dallas. And I made a simple point - easy for those no longer in the arena to criticize those who are.

That's what Jimmy is paid to do now - not coach football games or run the largest most successful sports franchise outside of Man U

ufcrules1

Reaction score
It's just not possible for you to leave Romo out of any discussion at all? He was never brought up here until once again your obsession takes over.

Actually, I brought up Romo with regards to you because you are always cheerleating for him on here and now you are doing the same for Jerry too.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Actually, I brought up Romo with regards to you because you are always cheerleating for him on here and now you are doing the same for Jerry too.

Lol yeah it's my fault you brought up Romo in a thread where no one mentioned him. If it weren't for little ol me you'd never bring the guy up.

Oh, and yes - I do cheer for Romo and Jerry. I am a Cowboys fan.