Twitter: Cowboys inquired on Jeremy Maclin

CapnB

Reaction score
I guess his injury history as scared people off? Or his price range

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You are ignoring the elephant in the room.
IF this is true, they want Dez gone. No ifs ands, or buts.
Unless they get him super cheap, then it's all leverage, which... still has to do with that dang elephant.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I guess im missing something
Maclin is gonna force Bryant to hit the road jack. Cause signing Maclin would warrant that for some odd reason.

I think they are trying to build a wr Corp like the patriots....good all around but not a true number 1...
We are technically a run-n-gun type of offense.

Last edited:

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I think they are trying to build a wr Corp like the patriots....good all around but not a true number 1...

Maybe we don't really want to pay #1 receiver money so we'll have a lot of solid 2's. You're probably right.

WTtoolman

Reaction score
IF this is true, they want Dez gone. No ifs ands, or buts.
Unless they get him super cheap, then it's all leverage, which... still has to do with that dang elephant.
They're not going to sign him now. I'd imagine the "preliminary inquires" were at, or before, the start of free agency.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I guess his injury history as scared people off? Or his price range

Or his decline the last two seasons with different teams:

24 games (missed 8 games)
84 catches
less than 1,000 yards total (in a season and a half worth of games)
lowest average per reception of his career
5 TDs (in 24 games)

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

That's actually what the eagles did last year. Dak friendly probably also means NOT having a star wr that dak will put too much stress on getting the ball to.

I like this approach if they plan on letting Dez go. That way dak can concentrate on spreading the ball around and the offense runs much smoother.

This team doesn't need a #1 WR.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
That's actually what the eagles did last year. Dak friendly probably also means NOT having a star wr that dak will put too much stress on getting the ball to.

I like this approach if they plan on letting Dez go. That way dak can concentrate on spreading the ball around and the offense runs much smoother.

This team doesn't need a #1 WR.
So Dak is not allowed to have a favorite target? Unless #1 is based on pay then my point is irrelevant but Dak won’t spread the ball evenly like everyone thinks he will do if we just sign a bunch of ****** WR’s.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Or his decline the last two seasons with different teams:

24 games (missed 8 games)
84 catches
less than 1,000 yards total (in a season and a half worth of games)
lowest average per reception of his career
5 TDs (in 24 games)

Coming from a fantasy football nut myself, I can tell you with certainty that the ravens sucked at getting the WR's the ball.

If Maclin was on a team with a better QB than flacco he would have definitly had a better season. Not only did Maclin suffer but Mike Wallace did too. As did campanaro and perriman.

They had a good squad, flacco just sucked. Maclin would be a good signing.