Twitter: Cowboys inquired on Jeremy Maclin

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If we take one in the first round and cut Dez, then we're spinning our wheels IMO. If you mean taking one sometime after that round to complement Dez and be groomed as a possible replacement, I'm OK with it, although I think we have more needful positions to address with our first three picks.

I had no round in particular in mind, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys took one within the first three rounds. I'm confident that they'll pick a promising WR at some point, though. They have shown plenty of interest in them lately, so there's that to consider, like it or not.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
That's actually what the eagles did last year. Dak friendly probably also means NOT having a star wr that dak will put too much stress on getting the ball to.

I like this approach if they plan on letting Dez go. That way dak can concentrate on spreading the ball around and the offense runs much smoother.

This team doesn't need a #1 WR.

But we need a X.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Not much left.

Read more: http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/freeagents2018WR.php#ixzz5CFgJ0i5Z

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Coming from a fantasy football nut myself, I can tell you with certainty that the ravens sucked at getting the WR's the ball.

If Maclin was on a team with a better QB than flacco he would have definitly had a better season. Not only did Maclin suffer but Mike Wallace did too. As did campanaro and perriman.

They had a good squad, flacco just sucked. Maclin would be a good signing.

Sounds familiar.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Or his decline the last two seasons with different teams:

24 games (missed 8 games)
84 catches
less than 1,000 yards total (in a season and a half worth of games)
lowest average per reception of his career
5 TDs (in 24 games)

yeah Maclin is done.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IF this is true, they want Dez gone. No ifs ands, or buts.
Unless they get him super cheap, then it's all leverage, which... still has to do with that dang elephant.

It says it the two teams that had preliminary inquires (Dallas & Philly) have already signed other receivers, so looking at Maclin was probably more a Hurns level thing they were looking at, and passed on, not something they are still looking at.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It says it the two teams that had preliminary inquires (Dallas & Philly) have already signed other receivers, so looking at Maclin was probably more a Hurns level thing they were looking at, and passed on, not something they are still looking at.

I suppose that's possible. I don't buy that he's done or too old though yet. He's only going to be 30 when he enters the season. If he's willing to take a relatively cheap/low cost deal, then I'd be happy to take him here.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I suppose that's possible. I don't buy that he's done or too old though yet. He's only going to be 30 when he enters the season. If he's willing to take a relatively cheap/low cost deal, then I'd be happy to take him here.

I just don't think the team will cut Dez to sign him, and I don't think they will sign him as another receiver on top of Dez, Hurns, Beasly, Williams etc

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Between this and the attempted Watkins signing, it frightens me how they evaluate the position.

John813

Reaction score
Wonder if they looked into him before signing Thompson as well.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Watkins first and now maclin. Starting to think our front office is a terrible judge of talent on WR end.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Preliminary inquiries? What does that mean? It says nothing of "when" the preliminary inquiries happened. Last year, last month, last week? The timing of the inquiry determines the significance.