Twitter: Cowboys inquired on Jeremy Maclin

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I just don't think the team will cut Dez to sign him, and I don't think they will sign him as another receiver on top of Dez, Hurns, Beasly, Williams etc

Oh, no doubt. In fact, I'd structure the contract so that he has to earn his way on the team. If he makes it, great. Then we have a lot of quality WRs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, no doubt. In fact, I'd structure the contract so that he has to earn his way on the team. If he makes it, great. Then we have a lot of quality WRs.

I'm sure that's not the kind of contract Maclin is looking for, and I suspect he won't be forced to accept it. He just may not get the dollar amount he wants.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm sure that's not the kind of contract Maclin is looking for, and I suspect he won't be forced to accept it. He just may not get the dollar amount he wants.

Oh, I agree. He won't like it, but it may be what he has to get. I think he'd battle it out with Thompson here.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Without a true number one there is no pressure to give a specific guy a lot of looks. Which is good for a maturing young qb. He doesn't lock in on one guy. That said it can't just be a bunch of JAGs either. Our Qb ain't Tom Brady.

stiletto

Reaction score
The only thing this tells me really is that the front office REALLY REALLY was not happy with our WR Corp last year. I am almost expecting a full house cleaning at the position from things that have transpired.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing this tells me really is that the front office REALLY REALLY was not happy with our WR Corp last year. I am almost expecting a full house cleaning at the position from things that have transpired.

I don't think adds anything new. I think they were looking for another receiver, kicked a few tires, Hurns was what they came up with, and any thought about Maclin died at that point.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
IF this is true, they want Dez gone. No ifs ands, or buts.
Unless they get him super cheap, then it's all leverage, which... still has to do with that dang elephant.

Not at all.

They were likely looking at a bunch of options. That's what teams do.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watkins first and now maclin. Starting to think our front office is a terrible judge of talent on WR end.

I didn't read anything that suggested they offered Maclin anything. All it said was there was a preliminary inquiry by the Eagles and Cowboys, but no indication it went beyond that.

Sydla

Reaction score
If they cut Dez, then the organization must be thinking they will/have created an offense around Dak that doesn't need that dominant WR.

Because no one they have and likely no one they draft will be that type of guy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Preliminary inquiries? What does that mean? It says nothing of "when" the preliminary inquiries happened. Last year, last month, last week? The timing of the inquiry determines the significance.

Unfortunately the report isn't very clear on that. I believe it is telling us that the Eagles and Cowboys made preliminary inquiries, but then ended up signing someone else afterward, but the wording leaves room for uncertainty.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Unfortunately the report isn't very clear on that. I believe it is telling us that the Eagles and Cowboys made preliminary inquiries, but then ended up signing someone else afterward, but the wording leaves room for uncertainty.

If they made preliminary inquiries before Hurns that's one thing. If they made them last week or recently, that's another. Yes, you're right, leaves lots of room for assumptions and just adds fuel to an already hot fire. The media loves that *****

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Preliminary inquiries? What does that mean? It says nothing of "when" the preliminary inquiries happened. Last year, last month, last week? The timing of the inquiry determines the significance.

The Fort Worth Star Telegram reported that the inquiry took place before the Cowboys signed Hurns, so unless some other story pops up there is no reason to believe they are looking at him now.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they made preliminary inquiries before Hurns that's one thing. If they made them last week or recently, that's another. Yes, you're right, leaves lots of room for assumptions and just adds fuel to an already hot fire. The media loves that ****e

See my post above - the Fort Worth Start Telegram says it was before signing Hurns.