Cowboys interested in CJ2K

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Didnt know he was released. Pass he's going to be asking for too much. Atleast if he was traded you could negotiate with him alone. Bidding ware now. he will be a jet

popp1234

Reaction score
Yeah, I also heard the Cowboys were interested in O.J. Simpson (The Juice) too, and the latest reports indicate the two sides are closer to an agreement "in principle" than they are with CJ2K. Take it for what it's worth.

Last edited:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
According to Chris Wesseling, team sources have told the FWST that the Cowboys are not interested. They simpy inquired when he was released.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I'm actually thinking Miami. They need a RB and it's close to his home in Florida. Not as close as Tampa but then they have Doug Martin already.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Didnt know he was released. Pass he's going to be asking for too much. Atleast if he was traded you could negotiate with him alone. Bidding ware now. he will be a jet

What would there be to negotiate had there been a trade? He has a contract that runs through the 2016 season. He would have no reason to renegotiate the deal even though I am sure any interested teams would.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/08/the-full-chris-johnson-contract-breakdown/

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm guessing that CJ is going to want to be paid $8 mil a season. He may only get $5 mil, but that's too much to pay for a back not named AP in this league.

slick325

Reaction score
quote="Avery, post: 5502796, member: 261"]I'm guessing that CJ is going to want to be paid $8 mil a season. He may only get $5 mil, but that's too much to pay for a back not named AP in this league.[/quote]

Can't see him getting more than 5mil at all. Johnson is looking at 3.5mil/4mil this season. You're absolutely right about 5mil being too much for a back not named AP.

DFWJC

Reaction score
(Lance Dunbar) One good game + injury prone + two fumbles on three touches = Lets keep our options open.
If not Chris Johnson, then someone else. I like Dunbar, but the facts don't lie.

Probably someone else. But just for perspective, Johnson averages one fumble every 100 carries for his career and has missed one game in 6 years. He's also the only player in the league today to have at least 1000 yards in every season he's played.

Can't see him in Dallas though.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Only way I see CJ coming to Dallas is if nobody else gives him a starting job. Obviously Murray is the bell cow here, so CJ would not be the lead dog like he has been in Tennessee. Saying that, why would CJ want to come somewhere to basically be a backup?

And the thought of letting Murray walk after this year when his contract is up and replacing him with CJ is dumb.......CJ will be 30 yrs old next season and if you look at the history of running backs in the NFL, their production really tanks off after 30 yrs old.