Cowboys interested in Jarryd Hayne

Deep_South

Reaction score
Niners benched Kaepernick a week before their bye, so he's probably available. He's being benched for Blaine Gabbert, which is about a big a statement as a team can make.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
The Cowboys went from having one of the best RBs in the NFL that fit their system like a glove to starting retreads, has-beens and nobodys. While our FO can't be blamed for not resigning Murray at the price Philthy paid, their plan to replace him is all on them.

Murray isn't worth the price, we made the right decision. The running game has actually been doing pretty good overall, better than Murray is doing with the Eagles. Joseph Randle and Darren McFadden both have more yards rushing this season than does Demarco Murray, or Ryan Mathews for that matter. Heck, Lance Dunbar played in less than 4 whole games and had 282 total yards, Murray only has 437 total yards on the season. Murray would be better for us than Randle, I'll agree with that, but not better enough to justify the cost, and having him wouldn't have helped us a damn bit with Romo being out. Demarco's not big time, he fumbled in the Green bay game, and he would sometimes turn a small loss into a huge loss at the worst of times. The mistake we made was not drafting a RB.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
Yes Waddle is overrated. Well he was. No one really overrates him anymore.

I think I agree with that, however I wouldn't mind snagging him because he's still an upgrade over Wilcox. That said, he's also on the last year of his deal, so he's basically a rental player and not worth very much. I would give a 7th for him, but I think we already traded away our 7th... It would be nice if a good Safety prospect fell to us where we'll be picking late in the first-round.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This, Beasely is not getting it done in punt , he muffed even once with game on line...

Hayne has better hands and at least a load to tackle .( being tough rugby star)

He had 3 fumbles on 8 punt returns.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Murray isn't worth the price, we made the right decision. The running game has actually been doing pretty good overall, better than Murray is doing with the Eagles. Joseph Randle and Darren McFadden both have more yards rushing this season than does Demarco Murray, or Ryan Mathews for that matter. Heck, Lance Dunbar played in less than 4 whole games and had 282 total yards, Murray only has 437 total yards on the season. Murray would be better for us than Randle, I'll agree with that, but not better enough to justify the cost, and having him wouldn't have helped us a damn bit with Romo being out. Demarco's not big time, he fumbled in the Green bay game, and he would sometimes turn a small loss into a huge loss at the worst of times. The mistake we made was not drafting a RB.

I don't agree with not drafting a RB as the ground game is effective. But that is a good post.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
Would love to add Weddle. Don't want to give up picks but Leary or T Williams might interest the Chargers.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
If we trade, let it be for a 1 tech. We need that more than anything else on defense IMO.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think I agree with that, however I wouldn't mind snagging him because he's still an upgrade over Wilcox. That said, he's also on the last year of his deal, so he's basically a rental player and not worth very much. I would give a 7th for him, but I think we already traded away our 7th... It would be nice if a good Safety prospect fell to us where we'll be picking late in the first-round.

Aren't we kind of past picking late in the 1st round lol?

I'd take him for a 7th rounder no doubt. I was thinking a little higher than that. I wouldn't trade a 4th or even a 5th for him.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
Not only has he fumbled 3 times on 8 punt returns but he did it on his first return of the regular season........y'all saying bring him in would be murdering him in your post

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
Aren't we kind of past picking late in the 1st round lol?

I'd take him for a 7th rounder no doubt. I was thinking a little higher than that. I wouldn't trade a 4th or even a 5th for him.

Any team that makes the playoffs can't pick any higher than #21, and I expect Dallas to make the playoffs and be a tough out.

Also if you think the season is over, then why would you want to trade a draft pick for Weddle when he'll be a FA after this year?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Any team that makes the playoffs can't pick any higher than #21, and I expect Dallas to make the playoffs and be a tough out.

Also if you think the season is over, then why would you want to trade a draft pick for Weddle when he'll be a FA after this year?

I never said the season was over that I wanted Weddle. I'd take him over what we have yes but that's for a unrealistic 7th rounder.