Cowboys interested in Jarryd Hayne

AzorAhai

Reaction score

He's going to cost too much to get. He's going to walk in FA and that likely nets them at least a 4th. Probably takes a 3rd to get him for what, 8 games? Not to mention how often do players just step right in after a trade and not struggle? Then he costs around $4 million for the rest of the year which would necessitate an additional move just to fit him in. I like the player, but unless he's costing a 5th or 6th I'll pass.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Jeez.......I liked him against us in preseason but if he can't hold on to the football then he's useless and he's a detriment.

I haven't checked, but I believe xwalker said the 3 fumbles were all on 8 returns which is the only thing he would be brought in for.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
He's tough enough and a good enough athlete but I'm not sure "ball security" is as coveted in Rugby as Football lol

TwentyOne

Reaction score
The Cowboys went from having one of the best RBs in the NFL that fit their system like a glove to starting retreads, has-beens and nobodys. While our FO can't be blamed for not resigning Murray at the price Philthy paid, their plan to replace him is all on them.

Let's wait until Romo is back before judging our FO and see what the real difference with and without Murray is.

We lost a very good OLine coach and our LG is not playing to his full strength because he is hurt.

Not having backup plans for your No1 WR and your franchise QB isn't uncommon in the NFL these days also.

I must say our FO did a good job this offseason and they prepared very good for life after Murray. They also did a good job with the rest of the roster IMO. And not only this year also last year.

But you only can compensate so many injuries. Still we are able to compete every week and have a chance to be in the playoffs.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'd rather we just let Lucky return punts than continue playing it "safe" with Beasley.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I'd cut Clutts for him. Let him play FB, special teams.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I seen where it was 3 fumbles on 8 touches. But still, either way, it's a high percentage.

I believe the 8 touches are his returns only and thats where all the fumbles are from. He has 17 total touches on the year with rushes and receptions added in.