Cowboys interested in trading in NFC East for Reddick

Flamma

Reaction score
Dude is getting old and looking for a payday. Steer clear.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He is the worst. How many times have I seen a headline of his like Dallas trading for Mahomes... then You click on it and it says "wouldn't it be great if Dallas traded for mahomes?"
Fish is quite literally the textbook definition of a hack.

The fact anyone pays him any mind anymore is pretty crazy to me. He has zero credibility and is posted around here way too often.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He had double digit sacks for the 4th year in a row and more TFLs than the previous year.
And the answer is ‘things only a true Eagles’ fan would ever know.’

You need to work on your cover better. Getting a little sloppy.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
And the answer is ‘things only a true Eagles’ fan would ever know.’

You need to work on your cover better. Getting a little sloppy.
I’m going to guess, going into the final year of his contract, his agent has indicated the kind of money he wants in a subsequent deal. Whatever trade value he has now goes to zero a year from now, as he’ll be a free agent. If Philly doesn’t believe he’s worth what he’s asking they probably said if you can find a team willing to shell out that much for your services we’ll do a trade. In deference to his contract right now and the fact teams know the Eagles apparently won’t pay him what he wants, at best they get a 3rd round pick for him in trade, likely not even that. Better than nothing.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Wow.. what a brainy clever thought. A retirement candidate vs a double digit sack artist ?
Obviously I'm not brain dead so there's context in what I said. If the 2 hypothetical scenarios where Day 2 pick + almost 15 million dollars base rate for a 1 year rental on a position that is arguably the only position on your entire defense that you actually have a lot of depth on or keep the pick, pay way less money, and have a guy that would be the best DT on the roster im taking the latter.

Yeah sorry paying 15 million base rate and giving up picks for a one-year rental at a position that you have plenty of good guys at is the complete opposite of "clever"

quickccc

Reaction score
Obviously I'm not brain dead so there's context in what I said. If the 2 hypothetical scenarios where Day 2 pick + almost 15 million dollars base rate for a 1 year rental on a position that is arguably the only position on your entire defense that you actually have a lot of depth on or keep the pick, pay way less money, and have a guy that would be the best DT on the roster im taking the latter.

Yeah sorry paying 15 million base rate and giving up picks for a one-year rental at a position that you have plenty of good guys at is the complete opposite of "clever"
You're thinking just dollar signs .. vs player to player comparisons.
One player is on the verge of immediate retirement ,, while the other is still producing double digit sacks.

Tussinman

Reaction score
You're thinking just dollar signs .. vs player to player comparisons.
One player is on the verge of immediate retirement ,, while the other is still producing double digit sacks.
Of course I'm thinking dollar signs it's free agency and the whole topic of this post was potential trade. 15 million + day 2 pick is enough capital to upgrade DT and 2 LB spots. Context matters it's not Madden NFL (player vs player isn't real life, I'd rather have mahomes than Dak in a trade but context makes that not realistic)

Zero chance the cowboys are trading for a high dollar one year rental at a position in which they have great pass rushers.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Fish just talking as usual ...........no way in hell the Eagles are trading him to the Cowboys for anything less than a 2nd round pick. Besides, why the heck would we do it? We may have to replace SIX new starters.....
Hmmm... 6'1, 230lbs is pretty light in the britches for an edge player in a defense that has struggled against the run. A 2nd isn't a bad bargain for a quality pass rusher, especially when we're set to lose Fowler and Armstrong.

Reddick has been consistently productive since his final season in Arizona, but his tackle numbers dropped drastically in Philly. I haven't followed his career closely, but I worry with his size where he fits into this defense. We already have a hybrid LB/EDGE rusher in Micah. What we need is a full time starter to pair with Lawrence to allow Parsons to play anywhere across the formation. I'm not opposed necessarily, I just don't understand where he fits in.

quickccc

Reaction score
Of course I'm thinking dollar signs it's free agency and the whole topic of this post was potential trade. 15 million + day 2 pick is enough capital to upgrade DT and 2 LB spots. Context matters it's not Madden NFL (player vs player isn't real life, I'd rather have mahomes than Dak in a trade but context makes that not realistic)

Zero chance the cowboys are trading for a high dollar one year rental at a position in which they have great pass rushers.
Player vs Player comparisons is different than the Money Ball approach.
Reddick is clearly on a higher level than an aging Fletcher.

I agree its very unlikely Cowboys trade for very high dollar player- especially at edge rusher, when they are clearly
build up for the evitable in making Parsons the highest defensive player in the NFL. its only a matter of time.

Even the Eagles foolish decide to cut Reddick outright which would make him a FA to deal with whomever, i still do not think Cap Boy Stephen would consider it per Reddick's demand value, which is why he's probably wants pay me or rid of me mentality - the Cowboys want that money going to Parsons.. not Parsons and Reddick.

quickccc

Reaction score
Hmmm... 6'1, 230lbs is pretty light in the britches for an edge player in a defense that has struggled against the run. A 2nd isn't a bad bargain for a quality pass rusher, especially when we're set to lose Fowler and Armstrong.

Reddick has been consistently productive since his final season in Arizona, but his tackle numbers dropped drastically in Philly. I haven't followed his career closely, but I worry with his size where he fits into this defense. We already have a hybrid LB/EDGE rusher in Micah. What we need is a full time starter to pair with Lawrence to allow Parsons to play anywhere across the formation. I'm not opposed necessarily, I just don't understand where he fits in.
Reddick played strong side LB ...and then situational/package on to the line as an edge rusher .. much in the way in prime Von Miller probably did

And Reddick is more in the 240 lb range than 231.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/player/46473/

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Because our first-round pick is at the end of the draft, just about, they would want that, and probably a three or 4. It's not worth it. If we are ever going to win anything we need those draft picks to become stars for us, not the Eagles.
Oh I seriously doubt they'd get a late 1st for a 29 year old pass rusher. Of course they'd ask, but they know his value would be a Day 2 pick, with maybe a bit of change thrown in on top

Creeper

Reaction score
Reddick is a good player but what how many sacks he gets because he comes unblocked at the QB. If he played for Dallas he would be ordinary at best. Until we get a DL that can protect the outside guys and LBs, guys like Reddick will be useless.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to make sense. WAS would be more of a fit.

raven55

Reaction score
forget it this is never never going to happen and this bunch of morons in the FO would mess it up even if it happened

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Eagles site was saying he wants $30M lol good luck with that!!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Fisher is such a hack, throwing you-know-what at the wall, hoping that it sticks.