Cowboys' Jerry Jones irked by 'little darling' ref's flag on Jason Garrett

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Yrs. But it neefs to start next week. Follow me? Its not like they need anything extra to beat the Jets. But that aggression needs to start somewhere and continue.....
I agree. Enough with this conservative crap until the game is getting out of control. Defense needs to be more aggressive from the get go. That's the only way they are going to make any plays. If they get beat for some big plays, so be it. We can't continue to let the offenses easily make their way up and down the field and hope to force s field goal.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Excuses will mount on why Jerry must save Garretts job. Jerry has made Garrett to be this generations Tom Landry minus the legendary coaching talent, game innovations (shotgun, flex def), post season wins, etc. We are stuck with Garrett who is still learning on the job. Sigh
I hope not.... But I fear you are right

ArtClink

Reaction score
Garrett is a symptom, Jerry is the problem.

This. We must win the Jones way (no elite, winning coaches need apply, no qualified gm will be hired to wk 16 hr days to constantly improve the roster, jerry will spend all his "gm" time brokering business deals, boxing matches, concerts, promo events, selecting the official hot dog of Cowboys, chasing tail & call girls, being constantly interviewed, radio shows, etc). There is no time left to perform the duties of an nfl gm. That, my fellow cowboy fans is how Jerry continues to give us the finger. Winning is not a priority and losing has zero impact on Jerrys bottom line.

Jerry has built the most profiitable brand in pro sports all while giving the fans the finger. No elite coaches, no real gm, yada, yada, just the Jones way and we continue to wait to see if this team, handicapped by no gm and a host of "learn on the job" coaches can mk a deep playoff run. Perhaps no roster (even a super bowl roster which has been the national consensus) can overcome the subpar coaching, the phantom gm, and the media circus culture Jerry creates all while referencing super bowls won almost a quarter of a century ago.

Hope is not a strategy, but thats all we've got as fans.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
I know officiating in the NFL is bad but having two big games that your team isn't ready for is even worse. Jerry may not like to admit it but that falls at the feet of Jason Garrett.
I believe these are two separate and disturbing issues. Most objective fans have realized by now that Garrett is at best a slightly above average coach that would have been fired by now in any NFL organization not owned by Jerry Jones.

The officiating was historically bad and flagrant. I have seen bad officiating but never to the point that there was a personal agenda against a coach. I mean Pareira tried desperately to cover it up but IMO only made it worse when he began speculating that the flag on Garrett was because of something he said, then immediately passed it off as fact. It wasn’t until Green Bay had the game safely in hand that they began flagging Green Bay in an attempt to appear objective. This only one week after learning that New Orleans has a favorite officiating crew who made a difference in that game. The mere fact that they are becoming arrogant enough to display it on national tv only shows how bad it has gotten. I’m not saying that is the sole reason Dallas lost, but I find it interesting that Zeke is still the only offensive player in the league to be flagged for leading with the helmet.

Corruption is a cancer that if not removed early, will consistently kill the host.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This. We must win the Jones way (no elite, winning coaches need apply, no qualified gm will be hired to wk 16 hr days to constantly improve the roster, jerry will spend all his "gm" time brokering business deals, boxing matches, concerts, promo events, selecting the official hot dog of Cowboys, chasing tail & call girls, being constantly interviewed, radio shows, etc). There is no time left to perform the duties of an nfl gm. That, my fellow cowboy fans is how Jerry continues to give us the finger. Winning is not a priority and losing has zero impact on Jerrys bottom line.

Jerry has built the most profiitable brand in pro sports all while giving the fans the finger. No elite coaches, no real gm, yada, yada, just the Jones way and we continue to wait to see if this team, handicapped by no gm and a host of "learn on the job" coaches can mk a deep playoff run. Perhaps no roster (even a super bowl roster which has been the national consensus) can overcome the subpar coaching, the phantom gm, and the media circus culture Jerry creates all while referencing super bowls won almost a quarter of a century ago.

Hope is not a strategy, but thats all we've got as fans.
And what makes me the sickest about all this is this: Despite what many fans say over and over on these boards that Jerry will fire Garrett if this team doesn’t win...I see no evidence from Jerry himself that it will happen should the Cowboys not make a deep playoff run. In fact, this summer at the annual “State of the Cowboys” presser, Jerry said publicly when asked if Garrett was on the hot seat that he wished Garrett would be here 10 more years.

The only way we watch Garrett ride off into the sunset is if this team has a complete collapse. Jerry is a master of creative excuses, even for mediocrity. Unless this team has a 5-11 type season, Garrett will be here. That’s Jerry’s HC. He doesn’t pick HCs based on who gives us the best chance to win. He picks them based on who gives him the best chance to get ALL the credit for anything achieved. It’s pathetic.

aria

Reaction score
Zero professionalism from that ref...

his “if you dont like it thrown the flag” was childish...

Then for him to miss an obvious catch right in front of him showed bias
reciprocated by zero professionalism from our owner/GM

AlienBoy

Reaction score
I believe these are two separate and disturbing issues. Most objective fans have realized by now that Garrett is at best a slightly above average coach that would have been fired by now in any NFL organization not owned by Jerry Jones.

but I find it interesting that Zeke is still the only offensive player in the league to be flagged for leading with the helmet.

Corruption is a cancer that if not removed early, will consistently kill the host.

Actually Pollard got called for that in the game agains the giants. So that's at least 2 Cowboys.

"Two Cowboys were fined for infractions against the Giants last week: DT Maliek Collins was fined $10,527 for unnecessary roughness, and RB Tony Pollard was fined $28,075 for unnecessary roughness (lowering his head to initiate contact).:

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Well if it was quote 1, that was sexist.. if it was quote 2 that was almost calling the refs fairies that can't handle verbal abuse from the coach
Are you under the age of 21?

ArtClink

Reaction score
And what makes me the sickest about all this is this: Despite what many fans say over and over on these boards that Jerry will fire Garrett if this team doesn’t win...I see no evidence from Jerry himself that it will happen should the Cowboys not make a deep playoff run. In fact, this summer at the annual “State of the Cowboys” presser, Jerry said publicly when asked if Garrett was on the hot seat that he wished Garrett would be here 10 more years.

The only way we watch Garrett ride off into the sunset is if this team has a complete collapse. Jerry is a master of creative excuses, even for mediocrity. Unless this team has a 5-11 type season, Garrett will be here. That’s Jerry’s HC. He doesn’t pick HCs based on who gives us the best chance to win. He picks them based on who gives him the best chance to get ALL the credit for anything achieved. It’s pathetic.

Agreed Hazey!

Tommy

Reaction score
Excuses will mount on why Jerry must save Garretts job. Jerry has made Garrett to be this generations Tom Landry minus the legendary coaching talent, game innovations (shotgun, flex def), post season wins, etc. We are stuck with Garrett who is still learning on the job. Sigh
This thread is about Jerry’s comment regarding the ref.

Quit hijacking threads with the same repetitive crap.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Jerry going gangster... nobody is going to tell Jerry a word. He's helped build this league to what it is.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

9onDjK7.jpg