Cowboys' Jerry Jones irked by 'little darling' ref's flag on Jason Garrett

Brax

Reaction score
Excuses will mount on why Jerry must save Garretts job. Jerry has made Garrett to be this generations Tom Landry minus the legendary coaching talent, game innovations (shotgun, flex def), post season wins, etc. We are stuck with Garrett who is still learning on the job. Sigh
Pretty much sums it up, Jerry doing it his way and the last 23 years show what Jerry's football IQ is and what's scary is it's probably more than Garrett's.

HanD

Reaction score
The former head of NFL officiating is less credible than a joke on this board? :facepalm:

he was terrible at his job. he brought zero credibility to the office. he basically said whatever he could to justify calls no matter how ridiculous they were instead of holding his crews accountable. i watched him appear on NFLN each monday to go over calls that were questionable from the games. it was pathetic. no integrity to the game whatsoever.

and btw i believe it was mike pereira on the broadcast and not dean blandino. don't remember seeing him or hearing him during the game. he's way better imo than blandino

Brax

Reaction score
The ref was yelling angrily at JG to throw the flag on the first **** call. Baiting and taunting him.

He responded on the 9th **** call and the ref threw his *** *** flag.

**** him and his ugly (more than likely) family.
Get the tin foil hats out here it comes it was the ref's fault.

Brax

Reaction score
Based on WHAT?

Fans that come on here and demand Garrett's job based on their in-depth knowledge of absolutely NOTHING crack me up.

How many coaching sessions have you see ? How many practices? Did Garrett miss two field goals? Did Garrett fail to call the obvious mauling of our receiver on the King turnover? Did Garrett allow Aaron Jones to run for FOUR touchdowns today?

But Garrett is the problem that his firing magically fixes, right?

Okey dokey.

If you can tell me what SPECIFICALLY he did that lost this game today, I'd love to hear it.
Specifically Challenge on a blatant PI, unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, basically he got out coached by a rookie head coach. How many games have you ever seen and how many more do you need to see to understand that JG just isn't HC material.

Brax

Reaction score
Discussing bad calls equals forming a conspiracy theory.

Good job.
Only when they form a basis of all the bad calls were against the DC or the homer "bad calls" lost the game. The DC lost to GB because they sucked for 3 quarters.

ArtClink

Reaction score
This thread is about Jerry’s comment regarding the ref.

Quit hijacking threads with the same repetitive crap.

Sorry, I didnt notice you had been elevated to a moderator and this is an opinions forum - which forum rule did I violate? Pls advise.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Only when they form a basis of all the bad calls were against the DC or the homer "bad calls" lost the game. The DC lost to GB because they sucked for 3 quarters.
So do you think I implied either? If so I’ll restate it and make it more clear.

Tell me some of the game changing bad calls in favor of the cowboys.

I’ve heard the roughing when Dak was hit in the head, but the game was all but over then. I can’t remember their players or coaches upset about a call. Well, except precessional crybaby Erin Rodgers And he whines the whole game.

Brax

Reaction score
So do you think I implied either? If so I’ll restate it and make it more clear.

Tell me some of the game changing bad calls in favor of the cowboys.

I’ve heard the roughing when Dak was hit in the head, but the game was all but over then. I can’t remember their players or coaches upset about a call. Well, except precessional crybaby Erin Rodgers And he whines the whole game.
When they score 0 points in a half, that's the problem not a bad call, Daks 4th interception could be viewed as a bad call by GB fans but of course you would view that as a good call. There where calls on both sides, good teams over come and don't make excuses, a bad call is the missed PI in the Championship game, nothing even close in this game.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Discussing bad calls equals forming a conspiracy theory.

Good job.

Oh, please. This place whines excessively about refs, especially after a loss, and there have been plenty of anti-Cowboys conspiracies to go around. :rolleyes:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
When they score 0 points in a half, that's the problem not a bad call, Daks 4th interception could be viewed as a bad call by GB fans but of course you would view that as a good call. There where calls on both sides, good teams over come and don't make excuses, a bad call is the missed PI in the Championship game, nothing even close in this game.
Again. I’m just discussing calls that I think were poor judgement. I absolutely apologize if you feel I’m not placing the blame of the loss at the right source.

I’m just trying to understand some if the bad calls. It’s interesting to me.

The 4th interception? So the game was essentially over? I don’t remember the GB players or coaches protesting any calls.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Oh, please. This place whines excessively about refs, especially after a loss, and there have been plenty of anti-Cowboys conspiracies to go around. :rolleyes:

So your advice is that I should not discuss bad calls because this is upsetting to some?

InTheZone

Reaction score
So many of GBs big plays came from blatant no call penalties that should've been called on them.

Brax

Reaction score
Again. I’m just discussing calls that I think were poor judgement. I absolutely apologize if you feel I’m not placing the blame of the loss at the right source.

I’m just trying to understand some if the bad calls. It’s interesting to me.

The 4th interception? So the game was essentially over? I don’t remember the GB players or coaches protesting any calls.
Please no apology that wasn't my intent, for GB Why complain when your team is winning, calls go both ways that's all I'm saying, The 4th interception (that wasn't) was the one called back for hand to the face call, point is bad calls go both ways it's how a team reacts to them that matters. Not sure how you can understand a bad call, they just happen but many times it's one's view point of good or bad.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only issue I had is the ref staying in Garrett's face after throwing the flag. As a ref, you should at least try to de-escalate the issue. Another ref should've gone over there to handle Garrett and the ref who threw the flag should've moved on to discuss it with the main ref.

From an officiating standpoint, it was handled poorly.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
The little darling ref made history! It was the first time a ref hit Jerry’s jumbotron with a flag. I am sure we will be fined for that too. Expect it to be raised.

I haven’t seen an angrier flag throw to my memory.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
I think Garrett blowing up like that activated this team. They were sleep walking till then. I can only hope it carries over next week.

Absolutely, just wish he wouldn't have waited until the game was almost over to try and fire his team up. We may have seen a different outcome had he tried this in the first half.