Cowboys just can’t catch any good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Scroll back to posts from five years ago....ten years ago....

The problems and complaints are exactly the same.

Draw your own conclusions... .but again, he will NEVER see himself as the problem.

foofighters

Reaction score
Cowboys just can’t catch any good luck. Call me crazy but I still think the Cowboys could beat Green Bay and Tampa Bay.

You don’t know how bad I wanted the Rams to beat San Francisco. Styles make fights

Tampa nor Green Bay’s defense is any good. Perfect matchups for the Cowboys. Styles make fights

Cowboys luck, they drew the best NFC defense(outside of New Orleans) in RD. 1. Styles make fights

1. Jerry Jones DID NOT cost the Cowboys this game

2. Cowboys should try to get Wilson

3. Cowboys have a top 5 front office. No team has drafted more All Pros than your Cowboys since 2010

4. The bad culture stuff is clichéd nonsense

5. 14 penalties? The fix may have been in!

6. Cowboys lost to a team that should’ve won the SB two years ago

7. If Jerry has a flaw it’s his obsession with finding an offensive genius. K. Moore is not that genius. Moore and Dak need to G-O! Dak will never bring it vs big time opposition . Doesn’t have the mental toughness. Go try to find Miss State vs Alabama 2014. I thought he could overcome his big game jitters! He shown that he can’t

8. Anybody ridiculing Arizona for their bellyflop? Anybody criticizing the runt?

9. Zeke and Cooper need to G-O as well

10. I went all in 2021! I’m going to order me some old Cowboys DVDs off Amazon, and I’m retiring my Cowboys fandom! Winning would only be relief. I

. The joy has been taken out of me by this fan base and all the nonsense from fans and media. They could win 10 straight and it wouldn’t come close to 1992! That was joy
I stopped reading at number 1. Ya, Jerry and Co have brought in some talent. We've been there already. Romo had talent around him too and those teams ended up the same as this year. What is the constant? Why does an owner chime in about his QB slumping? Jerry runs a culture where he favors the players so much that there is little accountability with them. Let's talk about MM. I didn't think we should fire him. I thought we should bring him back for another year but after listening to the players complain about the refs and knowing that MM has even made comments about the refs, I worry about the culture of the team now. If the players are getting that from MM, he needs to go. Again, lack of accountability. lack of saying, "I made mistakes and I have to get better." Jerry will always struggle making the hard decisions and will wait too long to make them.

The problem is Jerry Jones and it will always be Jerry Jones. And now it looks like Stephen may even be worse...

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Those guys are not the problem. The problem is Connor Williams and Biadez. Both are JAGS. But, no team lines up 5 pro bowlers on the OL.
I agree, but we should be able to get people better than Connor and Biadez at those positions. Losing Fredbeard was by far the biggest loss and you saw it in Zekes production. Btw, how much of the moolah spent on Zeke could have been spent to beef up the O-Line? Probably would have gotten the same production with a cheaper RB.

BigD_95

Reaction score
25 years of the same old stuff

It's not bad luck, the Cowboys are just run by a moron

I agree and disagree. The team on the field had enough talent to win a super bowl. So Jerry gets credit for that - But he is also responsible for MM & Moore.

But honestly hiring MM and keeping Moore seem like the right thing to do so I do not fault him as much but where I seriously fault him now is keeping both of these coaches knowing now they cannot win against good teams. You cant keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results. And it wasnt that we just lost to an inferior @ home. It was how we lost. We werent ready to play. We were outcoached on the offensive side of the ball. The team had 14 bad penalties. They were undisciplined all year . There is zero hope MM or Moore could improve this team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Cowboys just can’t catch any good luck. Call me crazy but I still think the Cowboys could beat Green Bay and Tampa Bay.

You don’t know how bad I wanted the Rams to beat San Francisco. Styles make fights

Tampa nor Green Bay’s defense is any good. Perfect matchups for the Cowboys. Styles make fights

Cowboys luck, they drew the best NFC defense(outside of New Orleans) in RD. 1. Styles make fights

1. Jerry Jones DID NOT cost the Cowboys this game

2. Cowboys should try to get Wilson

3. Cowboys have a top 5 front office. No team has drafted more All Pros than your Cowboys since 2010

4. The bad culture stuff is clichéd nonsense

5. 14 penalties? The fix may have been in!

6. Cowboys lost to a team that should’ve won the SB two years ago

7. If Jerry has a flaw it’s his obsession with finding an offensive genius. K. Moore is not that genius. Moore and Dak need to G-O! Dak will never bring it vs big time opposition . Doesn’t have the mental toughness. Go try to find Miss State vs Alabama 2014. I thought he could overcome his big game jitters! He shown that he can’t

8. Anybody ridiculing Arizona for their bellyflop? Anybody criticizing the runt?

9. Zeke and Cooper need to G-O as well

10. I went all in 2021! I’m going to order me some old Cowboys DVDs off Amazon, and I’m retiring my Cowboys fandom! Winning would only be relief. I

. The joy has been taken out of me by this fan base and all the nonsense from fans and media. They could win 10 straight and it wouldn’t come close to 1992! That was joy

:facepalm:

Fans and media haven't taken the joy out of it for you. Jerry Jones has done that by building a team that has won 3 playoff games in 25 years.

Luck has nothing to do with it, "the fix" isn't in, and the culture problem is real.

That you still think Dallas would go into Tampa and Green Bay and win playoff games is just more evidence of your refusal to accept reality.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I disagree. This may have been their luckiest season. Lucky Quinn was available, lucky Denver too the corner and the Giants decided to pass on the next LT and Parsons falls into their laps. Lucky the team was mostly healthy come playoff time. This year showed us that even with a ton of luck and good fortune, this team just cannot win.

Plankton

Reaction score
The bad culture is a fact. What other team in the league has an owner who plays GM? We can start right there. Then the GM/owner pieces together the coaching staff dividing the team up into fiefdoms. And it continually changes. At one point during the Romo years, Garret , the head coach, was actually stripped pf play calling duties which were then handed over to a new hire Garret barely knew, Scott Linehan. The coaches have very little authority here and as a result have a tough time motivating players. Its a completely pathologic way to run a team and it does not work. Obviously. But keep posting the weak stuff like blaming the refs and nurturing that loser mentality.

Cincinnati?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
LOL people would still want to take this clown show on the road to Green Bay. Can you imagine how slow the team would start outside in the cold weather. It takes them a full half to get into the game at home. There would be 2 minutes left in the game and we would be down by 42 before Dak would decide it was time to get going.

Plankton

Reaction score
Its a sad day when a cowboy fan has to point to cincy to feel better. 31 out of 32 teams would take Burrow over Dak.

Believe me, this doesn't salve this wound at all. It's more a show that a team that just won its first playoff game in 31 years is run in the same manner. A referendum on how not to do things.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Wonder how the season would have went with a real O-Line coach. These penalties on the O-Line should have been cleaned up..

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Dig deeper.

Jerry is the GM. Jerry is responsible for the players on the field AND the coaches coaching those players. If a team fails consistently, it's either the players aren't good enough, the coaches aren't good enough or both weren't good enough.

So if you believe the team was too talented to sputter out like this, then guess what? They didn't get great coaching. Jerry hired those coaches. So yeah, "blame Jerry."

or the players didn’t execute. The players didn’t show up. The players got beat in their assignments. Blame goes on everyone but the players do not get passes. The players missed tackles. The coaching was good enough to win 12 games, have a top rated offense and a vastly improved defense.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The coaching is atrocious here no matter who is on the staff.

Often unprepared, stupid mistakes, etc.

Who hires the coaches?

Who is about to take a bad situation and bungle it even further?

I'm gonna have a VERY difficult time caring about the Kellen Moore led Dallas Cowboys.

I've really about had it with the awful decisions at the top....and making mistakes is human and excusable....but Jerry has to be the lead dog and thats not an excusable reason to not have a real coach.

Dan Quinn was atrocious? hmm. 5 teams want him. Kellen Moore with all his warts and flaws broke records and led the league with his offense.

jerry deserves criticism but cowboys fans blame everything on him.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dan Quinn was atrocious? hmm. 5 teams want him. Kellen Moore with all his warts and flaws broke records and led the league with his offense.

jerry deserves criticism but cowboys fans blame everything on him.

He hires the head coaches, signs the players, and the Cowboys front office is made up of his children. It's that way because he wants it that way.

Blaming anyone but Jerry is just making scapegoats of the people he chose to hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.