Cowboys just can’t catch any good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

Reaction score
You must be a Zoomer. There was a time when the Cowboys kicked *** and chewed gum. And they were all out of gum.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
He hires the head coaches, signs the players, and the Cowboys front office is made up of his children. It's that way because he wants it that way.

Blaming anyone but Jerry is just making scapegoats of the people he chose to hire.
The man is stressed. All the sports programs are tearing him down too. But you know, the man in the mirror, he can't see it. . He doesnt have to do it all to get the attention and recognition that he wants. Owning a franchise like the Cowboys would be a dream for anybody. But that's not enough. I don't get it.

Last edited:

kwcool619

Reaction score
:facepalm:

Fans and media haven't taken the joy out of it for you. Jerry Jones has done that by building a team that has won 3 playoff games in 25 years.

Luck has nothing to do with it, "the fix" isn't in, and the culture problem is real.

That you still think Dallas would go into Tampa and Green Bay and win playoff games is just more evidence of your refusal to accept reality.

Let's add a NFL record that our team set: 11 straight playoff appearances without reaching the NFC Championship game. Embarrassing.

Steve007

Reaction score
Cowboys just can’t catch any good luck. Call me crazy but I still think the Cowboys could beat Green Bay and Tampa Bay.

You don’t know how bad I wanted the Rams to beat San Francisco. Styles make fights

Tampa nor Green Bay’s defense is any good. Perfect matchups for the Cowboys. Styles make fights

Cowboys luck, they drew the best NFC defense(outside of New Orleans) in RD. 1. Styles make fights

1. Jerry Jones DID NOT cost the Cowboys this game

2. Cowboys should try to get Wilson

3. Cowboys have a top 5 front office. No team has drafted more All Pros than your Cowboys since 2010

4. The bad culture stuff is clichéd nonsense

5. 14 penalties? The fix may have been in!

6. Cowboys lost to a team that should’ve won the SB two years ago

7. If Jerry has a flaw it’s his obsession with finding an offensive genius. K. Moore is not that genius. Moore and Dak need to G-O! Dak will never bring it vs big time opposition . Doesn’t have the mental toughness. Go try to find Miss State vs Alabama 2014. I thought he could overcome his big game jitters! He shown that he can’t

8. Anybody ridiculing Arizona for their bellyflop? Anybody criticizing the runt?

9. Zeke and Cooper need to G-O as well

10. I went all in 2021! I’m going to order me some old Cowboys DVDs off Amazon, and I’m retiring my Cowboys fandom! Winning would only be relief. I

. The joy has been taken out of me by this fan base and all the nonsense from fans and media. They could win 10 straight and it wouldn’t come close to 1992! That was joy
OK....Your Crazy. The cowboys would Not beat Grean bay or Tampa Bay.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
He hires the head coaches, signs the players, and the Cowboys front office is made up of his children. It's that way because he wants it that way.

Blaming anyone but Jerry is just making scapegoats of the people he chose to hire.

read that quote again....i never said blaming anyone but him. I said blaming EVERYTHING ON him. Nice try tho

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Cowboys just can’t catch any good luck. Call me crazy but I still think the Cowboys could beat Green Bay and Tampa Bay.

You don’t know how bad I wanted the Rams to beat San Francisco. Styles make fights

Tampa nor Green Bay’s defense is any good. Perfect matchups for the Cowboys. Styles make fights

Cowboys luck, they drew the best NFC defense(outside of New Orleans) in RD. 1. Styles make fights

3. Cowboys have a top 5 front office. No team has drafted more All Pros than your Cowboys since 2010

7. If Jerry has a flaw it’s his obsession with finding an offensive genius. K. Moore is not that genius. Moore and Dak need to G-O! Dak will never bring it vs big time opposition . Doesn’t have the mental toughness. Go try to find Miss State vs Alabama 2014. I thought he could overcome his big game jitters! He shown that he can’t

8. Anybody ridiculing Arizona for their bellyflop? Anybody criticizing the runt?

10. I went all in 2021! I’m going to order me some old Cowboys DVDs off Amazon, and I’m retiring my Cowboys fandom! Winning would only be relief. I

. The joy has been taken out of me by this fan base and all the nonsense from fans and media. They could win 10 straight and it wouldn’t come close to 1992! That was joy
You make your own luck.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys would not have beaten any NFC playoff team other than the Eagles. Luck has nothing to do with it.
I think we beat the cardinals the 2nd time around. Both teams were in the same trajectory and it was our turn. Besides that I agree

plasticman

Reaction score
They never have had any good luck.

Consider:

The Cowboys have played in 10 NFL championships if you include the time before the NFL and AFL merged. They lost 5 of those games, all by 7 points or less. On the other hand, every NFL championship they won, all Super Bowls, were by a double digit margin. The only luck the Cowboys ever had was created by their own actions.

The reason for this is simple. The Dallas Cowboys are God's favorite football team. God loves the Dallas Cowboys. That has to be obvious.

Let me explain. If you were to read the Bible you would occasionally read about an individual that God "loved"......"And God loved ______"

Now, this was not great news for that individual. God, it seemed , wanted to make sure it didn't look like he was playing favorites.

So, whenever the Bible said God loved somebody, you just knew this guy's life wasn't going to be easy. He was going to be crucified or eaten by lions in a colosseum. Perhaps he was going to be swallowed by a whale, wander around the desert for 40 years or his old lady was going to be turned into a pillar of salt, whatever. . Something was going to happen.

It's the same for the Cowboys. I'm afraid it's a cross we will have to bare. The Cowboys are going to have to be great to win a Super Bowl, they will never be lucky. No Cowboys team is ever going to win their next three Super Bowls by three point margins like you-know-who.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score

GMO415

Reaction score
Try to get Wilson? I'd trade Dak to Jags for Lawrence and give up this year's #1 pick.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Something tells me they were lucky enough to get to 12-5. Luck smiled upon them often enough to cover their inadequacies.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I stopped reading at number 1. Ya, Jerry and Co have brought in some talent. We've been there already. Romo had talent around him too and those teams ended up the same as this year. What is the constant? Why does an owner chime in about his QB slumping? Jerry runs a culture where he favors the players so much that there is little accountability with them. Let's talk about MM. I didn't think we should fire him. I thought we should bring him back for another year but after listening to the players complain about the refs and knowing that MM has even made comments about the refs, I worry about the culture of the team now. If the players are getting that from MM, he needs to go. Again, lack of accountability. lack of saying, "I made mistakes and I have to get better." Jerry will always struggle making the hard decisions and will wait too long to make them.

The problem is Jerry Jones and it will always be Jerry Jones. And now it looks like Stephen may even be worse...
Entitlement culture. If they play well enough, they take the refs out of play.
Like golf, keep it in the fairway!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The Cowboys would not have beaten any NFC playoff team other than the Eagles. Luck has nothing to do with it.

That was one of their worst games of the season. Especially the offense. Bad across the board. And we were healthier than we've been all year.

Cmac

Reaction score
25 years doesn't mean luck is lacking......it means dysfunction.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
read that quote again....i never said blaming anyone but him. I said blaming EVERYTHING ON him. Nice try tho

I read it again, and it still doesn't make sense.

jerry deserves criticism but cowboys fans blame everything on him.

He hires the head coaches, signs the players, and the Cowboys front office is made up of his children.

Who the hell else should we blame?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I read it again, and it still doesn't make sense.

He hires the head coaches, signs the players, and the Cowboys front office is made up of his children.

Who the hell else should we blame?

The roster is talented. The cowboys front office is led by will McClay and the only one who has real say in football operations is Stephen. Charlotte handles business stuff. The other sign isn’t involved in football moves.

You speak in hyperbole and embellishments because your embarrassed your team lost. U wanna say he should have hired MM? Ok, legit conversation but don’t say this team isn’t talented it is.

Gameover

Reaction score
Not surprised SF beat GB, cause GB was not that good.

Cowboys would have beat Tampa and GB.

Joe Burrow was my guy off one play the first time I seen him vs Texas! I immediately said that guy should be the number 1 pick! True story And that one play wasn’t a pass. It was the way he maneuvered in the pocket!

Status
Not open for further replies.