News: Cowboys land millions in rollover cap savings from 2018 season

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I said that will be their main focus and until its all worked out they wont plan any new FAs..
Since most of those players are under contract except for Lawrence they certainly have time to work those out. Come March impact free agents won’t last long. If there is one or two that significantly fills a need and makes the team much.better then they need to pounce. They have the money.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Since most of those players are under contract except for Lawrence they certainly have time to work those out. Come March impact free agents won’t last long. If there is one or two that significantly fills a need and makes the team much.better then they need to pounce. They have the money.
I’m pretty sure Earl Thomas is going to be a Cowboy.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Most have been right about the Cowboys and FA. They aren't very good at it and frankly, it's hurt them when they have built a nice corps through the draft and could have supplemented it with some key FAs (not even top of the barrel, high priced ones).

I mean look at their FA list since 2014:

Melton - ehhh
Mincey - pretty good
McClain - pretty good
Weeden - bad
Spillman - bad
Watson - bad
Anderson - bad
Crawford - ehhh

McFadden - pretty good
Collins - ehhh
Hardy - LOL
Rivers - bad
Brinkley - bad
Gachkar - ehhh

Morris - pretty good
Thornton - bad
Mayowa - ehhh

Moore - bad
Paea - bad
Carroll - bad

Olawale - ehhh
Hurns - ehhhh
Thomas - ehhhh
Ealy - bad
Thompson - bad
Fleming - ehhh
Martin - bad

That's 5 years of free agency and they signed a small handful of decent to solid players, and mostly mediocre to bad other players.

I am not sure how anyone can sit here and think that A) Cowboys fans are unreasonable in their assessment of how the Cowboys use FA B) that the Cowboys do a good job in FA.

YOU NAILED IT!

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I would sign all of our key FA and Landon Collins. Then have another solid draft and you got something here. But I’m sure folks on here would still find something to complain about...

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Personally it bugs me we rolled over 12m

We should have spent that money on improving a Playoff team... don't tell me we had 0 needs

Maybe trade for a stud DT when Irving went AWOL

We have 75m in easy Cap Space this year and need to spend some money on FS, DT and TE

We need all 3 but we wont sign any.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Personally it bugs me we rolled over 12m

We should have spent that money on improving a Playoff team... don't tell me we had 0 needs

Maybe trade for a stud DT when Irving went AWOL

We have 75m in easy Cap Space this year and need to spend some money on FS, DT and TE

Yeah, a real TE would have been nice.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would sign all of our key FA and Landon Collins. Then have another solid draft and you got something here. But I’m sure folks on here would still find something to complain about...

Isn't he more of a strong safety? I'd prefer a ball hawk with insane cover skills.

madcow74

Reaction score
we have to get some beasts on the o-line via draft or free agent...smith is amazing but you can tell he is worn down. frederick out. martin holding strong.

dak needs 2 more seconds than everyone else and his line cant do that.

and go get gronk who might have 1 more year left if he decides to

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Did you guys forget that Stephen handles the free agents now days and he is cheap as hell?

He literally said on the radio the other day that free agency is for teams that cant draft.

There will be no big free agent signings fellas, just castoffs and rejects from other teams on the cheap.

Some will say "good, lets pay our own". I dont disagree with this argument, but our own players have not exactly got the job done.

Just saying we might need to add some more talent, especially when coaching is such a liability.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No news here, we’ve know this for months.
The combine is just around the corner and then free agency. Not long to go...and not everyone has a strong perspective.

The article was actually a pretty good and informative one for a basis of understanding. It went into detail.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
There are so many good safety’s out there this free agency no way we can let it go again!

blueblood70

Reaction score
why wouldnt the jaguars just sign him?
the eagles have chance to FT him and then trade him, its not over yet with Foles from what I understand but when I posted that Foles hadn't bought himself out.. I think Foles goes to Washington and finds a way to get us and the eagles back twice a year LOL