Twitter: Cowboys LB Leighton Vander Esch confirms he's returning in 2020

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
The tweet that was posted said he confirmed he was returning. Why did he need to confirm that?

Sure the tweet from Mosher says that but did you read what Vander Esch actually posted? This is silly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sure the tweet from Mosher says that but did you read what Vander Esch actually posted? This is silly.

The title of the thread and the tweet says that which is what I responded to. I haven’t read what LVE posted. After his surgery there didn’t seem to be any question about him returning in 2020. There isn’t anything silly about this he’s coming off neck surgery.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
The title of the thread and the tweet says that which is what I responded to. I haven’t read what LVE posted. After his surgery there didn’t seem to be any question about him returning in 2020. There isn’t anything silly about this he’s coming off neck surgery.
Don’t you think it would be smart to read what LVE posted? Ya know considering that’s who we are talking about. Not Marcus Mosher personally commentary on a tweet lol.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
His tweet was pretty clear here. Some have taken some extreme stance without actually reading what LVE actually said.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Uh....why wouldn't he? I thought his surgery went well from jump.

Exactly. If he didn’t return, given the injury, he should just retire. I hope the Cowboys have done their work here. They don’t need another player at a key position holding them hostage. Tired of these guys with issues. Why can’t Dallas just draft guys that are reliable?

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Leighton-Vander-Esch-Wolf-Hunter-1.jpg

LVE's gonna roll heads this year!!!

Wood

Reaction score
Uh....why wouldn't he? I thought his surgery went well from jump.

exactly. That mean him not returning was option. We still need to see if he feels same after few big hits.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don’t you think it would be smart to read what LVE posted? Ya know considering that’s who we are talking about. Not Marcus Mosher personally commentary on a tweet lol.

I don’t need to read what LVE posted. If it’s all positive about his recovery and he’s feeling great for the 2020 season what else is he supposed to say? Listen to some of the things Frederick said prior to his retirement. Not saying LVE is going to retire just making a point.

aria

Reaction score
Wish him the best but this was another classic Jerry special. What a waste of a pick.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Hopefully, the vet DT acquisitions might turn out to be a football godsend for Vander Esch, although his ongoing durability remains to be seen. I'll be remaining optimistic that he'll be able to remain healthy until proven otherwise. If so, he should enjoy a very rewarding career with the Cowboys. :)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...vs announcing his sudden retirement ? ..." i'll Buy that for a Dollar ! "

i will always be concerned about that neck, and i;m trying to conjure another player that successful had that kind of procedure
and continued playing successfully. Moose had that procedure but the condition led to his soon retirement.
And could we see an LB in the mid rounds because of the concern within the organization with LVE ? :eek:

Moose played 2 or 3 season after the fusion surgery. There was not a problem with the area that was surgically repaired but he had a 2nd bulging disc that prompted his retirement.