Cowboys looking to trade back into 1st round

Sydla

Reaction score
Here's how I will feel if we trade up into the late first round for Connor Cook.

giphy.gif

To then be followed by this:

giphy.gif

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Imagine if they would pick Ramsey at 4 and then trade back into the first round for Zeke if he falls to 8 or sth. This board would shut down.

I think a QB like Cook/Hackenberg (barf), Spence, Jack, guys like that are something they would try to move back up for.

We'll have to see how it shakes out but I just hope we don't move up for a QB and lose our 3rd rounder just for that 5th year option.

I would much rather have another body on the DL or a RB like Prosise.

Matts4313

Reaction score
1st rounders have a 5 year contract. Moving from 34 into the late 20s would be a small price to pay. My guess? Derrick Henry at the tail end of RD1 to get him through his productive years. Would give up a mid to late rounder for that sort of move.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
No offense, but there is nothing ideal about that scenario. We give up a bunch of later picks (despite knowing that this draft is deep with defensive linemen) to get a QB who is not even close to being ready to start in this league and likely won't be until his rookie contract is about to expire? So now we got a bench-riding QB and no picks to bolster the weakest part of the team. Sweet.

given that the rookie contract is what, 5 years long, you're now saying it would take 6 years OR MORE to get a QB ready to play.

i guess i'll just disagree...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
BTW, I believe this rumor. Teams don't just wait for draft day to negotiate possible trades. If the Cowboys are calling teams about possibly moving up, those teams will definitely tell the media, even if team says, "Don't link the Cowboys to our team."

You'll tell other teams' plans even if you won't share your own.

Jenky

Reaction score

Who could the Cowboys be trying to get? There are number of prospects, but it's most likely dependent on what the team does in the top 5. With a need on the defensive line, Clemson defensive end Shaq Lawson and Lousiville defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins are two players projected to go in the mid-to-late first round. There's also Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch who the Cowboys were impressed with during a private workout in March.

The Jets are a team rumored to trade from their position at No. 20. And if the Cowboys can workout a deal, Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell could be the target. The Cowboys recently got to know Treadwell during a pre-draft visit in early April. Treadwell was once projected to the Cowboys at No. 4 in early mock drafts this year. The Vikings, at No. 22, are currently the primary team projected to land Treadwell.