Cowboys looking to trade back into 1st round

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Lynch will be long gone. Broaddus said it could be Cook/Hackenberg. In which case I'll puke. If we leave the first 3 rounds with only a RB and QB...

I agree. If the QB isn't there and we've secured the running back, we need to go DT/DE and CB/S. In fact, for the first four picks we should pick up a DT/DE, CB/S, RB and QB and not exactly in that order, but we should get a combination of those positions.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wonder what the cost would be to go from 34 to 20?

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Would be pissed if they did this. Haven't we learned about giving up valuable draft picks already ! Plus, yes, I am concerned about his low Wonderlic score. Claiborne, Gregory anybody ?
Trade up for a QB that isn't a problem solver or cannot process information ? Hell no !

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
possibly for Treadwell?

Another big, slower receiver. We have that market cornered. This offense needs speed.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Says it COULD BE for Treadwell.

I like Treadwell but I doubt it's for him given the number of WRs likely to go between 20-40. The top 6 or so all seem clustered, and of they value adding a #2 WR at 34 they can easily get one

Sydla

Reaction score
I like Treadwell but I doubt it's for him given the number of WRs likely to go between 20-40. The top 6 or so all seem clustered, and of they value adding a #2 WR at 34 they can easily get one

Depends on what they are looking for. They may view Treadwell as the clear #1 WR in this draft. I mean you might see a guy like Coleman and Fuller at 34, two speed guys, but maybe they want another physical type WR like Treadwell or Doctson?

I tend to agree that if they want a speed guy, stay at 34.............. or even maybe 67.............. there might be guys there. But if they want a true elite WR talent to pair with Bryant, I could see moving for Treadwell. Despite the fall in the draft, I think he's the best WR in this class along with Doctson and those two are on another level than the others.

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
I don't mind if they trade back up to the 1st round. I DO mind if they give up a ton just to reach on a QB....

I would be happy if it's Lynch...I will be mad if its any of the other QBs

gmoney112

Reaction score
Unless it's for a trade down or for Lynch I don't agree with it, at all.

The Seahawks have 1 first round pick on their roster. You don't need to mortgage your picks just to get players in the first round.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Why does this team always have to get cute ........ just pick the best player .........damn ........

garyv

Reaction score
The only other options I can think of that would make some sense is if they think the DE from Okie State is going to go in the later first round or maybe if they go defense at 4, they would then maybe make a move for Treadwell or Doctson if either fall into the 20s.

Sheldon Rankins

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Please, please don't trade up.

I'd trade up after the #4 pick. You only can bank on rounds 1-3 anyway. After that is a lottery, or players with injuries. I'd like to see this. I don't think Emmanuel Ogbah lasts till round 2. Get em' Jerry!

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Unless it's for a trade down or for Lynch I don't agree with it, at all.

The Seahawks have 1 first round pick on their roster. You don't need to mortgage your picks just to get players in the first round.

Pete knew those guys coming out at that time, better then anybody!