Twitter: Cowboys Make New Offer To Elliott

glimmerman

Reaction score
Still would have made him think twice about the contract seeing us win without him. It was a game of a chicken and the Jones boys pulled over about a mile ahead.
JJ is checking Elliot’s ego. He wants to be the highest RB and SJ said he had gurly money. Not what they offered him. Let’s see if he rejects it. He may still be setting out.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not a very good way to judge a player. A Mike Tolbert type might have 10 one-yard TDs in a year with absolutely no effect on any drives other than the final yard.

An enormous portion (if not the biggest) of Elliott's value lies in his ability to move the chain and extend drives. That doesn't show up as points on the board but it is invaluable for flipping field position and "assisting" on touchdown drives.

I'm not even a big Zeke fan. Hopefully overtime he matures and changes my mind but i'm just not a fan of the guy right now.

With that said.. He's an awesome player.

He carried Ohio State to a National Title and ran all over Alabama in the process and he's came into the league and been the best rusher in football 2 out of 3 years and caught 70 balls last year when the team finally decided to make some sort of effort to throw him the ball.

He's a borderline perfect runningback.

Gurley looks like he is going to be a flash in the pan because his knees are giving out.

Zeke is a durable bowling ball that somehow still has great top speed as well.

Big_D

Reaction score
laughable. gurley runs behind one of the best lines in the league. has a "genius" offensive mind at coach. and ran against 8 man boxes about 10% of the time compared to the league average 20ish %. Barkley was the only person on the offense of course he was gonna ball out. Still not better than zeke. Zeke grinds for the dirty yards while barkley is losing yardage.

So he would be the best if he was on a better team? lol Like the Cowboys Oline sucks? 21 TDs last year isn't just dumb luck or a great line. 19 the year before.

Not a very good way to judge a player. A Mike Tolbert type might have 10 one-yard TDs in a year with absolutely no effect on any drives other than the final yard.

An enormous portion (if not the biggest) of Elliott's value lies in his ability to move the chain and extend drives. That doesn't show up as points on the board but it is invaluable for flipping field position and "assisting" on touchdown drives.

Except Gurley isn't Mike Tolbert. You talk like he don't extend drives or move the chains AND score on top of that. Elliott certainly has value, but it doesn't make him the best RB in football.

Sydla

Reaction score
Also doesn't help when stephen says his deal starts at Todd Gurleys deal.

What Stephen said 6 months ago in an off the cuff comment to a reporter doesn't set the market.

Further, if you are going to suddenly start putting credence in what Stephen Jones says, then note today he went on the radio and said that when Bell signed for significantly less guaranteed money than Gurley got, it reset the TB market.

CWR

Reaction score
If you’re already making him the 2nd highest, just pay the difference and make him the highest.

I don’t want to lose an elite talent over a few million.

If he remains in your future plans, you pay the man. If not, why offer up to the 2nd highest?

My only problem is, when somebody else gets their money (Gordon) is he happy being the 2nd highest paid? Or is this a revolving door

2 or 3 million per year X several players add up quickly u know?

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Same with every other team. I don’t see players out there drooling all over their former teams owners.
At least we have Michael doing it. And it is a good thing.

I was just responding to a prior post that all Jerry's former players love him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What Stephen said 6 months ago in an off the cuff comment to a reporter doesn't set the market.

Further, if you are going to suddenly start putting credence in what Stephen Jones says, then note today he went on the radio and said that when Bell signed for significantly less guaranteed money than Gurley got, it reset the TB market.

Some people want to selectively hear what the man says. Oh, and "No backsies!"

Reactions: CWR

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He has no real leverage.

Dallas is doing him a big favor if they give him a big deal.

Him being talented really means nothing because he can be talented sitting at hone losing possibly millions of dollars by not playing.

The shape of these contracts mean more in the long term then this season.
The Cowboys don't do anybody any favors. They know they have no shot at the SB this year without Zeke. That's why they're making the offer. If they felt they didn't need him they would tell him to stay out like Pittsburgh did with Bell.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
TO rubbed people the wrong way but they sure as hell cheered for him when he signed with Dallas. Same with Deion. Winning in sports cures a lot and changes people perceptions
Couldn't stand TO but I was the first one cheering when he scored TDs. It's all about winning with fans. If the Cowboys go on to win a Sb with Zeke on the field, everything will be forgotten.