Twitter: Cowboys Make New Offer To Elliott

DuncanIso

Reaction score
That's why most of them are broke after being out of the NFL a few years.

They don't manage their money.

Most can't/won't abide by the 4 percent rule.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Which is an indication of this forum but not Cowboys Nation. Which I’ve touched on several times over the years on this forum and others.

There was a local poll done by one of the newspapers which I’m not allowed to use their link that showed close to a 60% approval rating, I wanna say it was 57%, which was highest since Jimmy.

Most locals realize the obstacles, handicaps and hindrances Jerry’s ways presents and feel Garrett provides a means at least to influence and hopefully overcome.

The locals also like the fact Garrett is a former Cowboy who played under Jimmy and his father worked with Landry. Once you realize how despised our ownership is , locals are looking for a connection to our storied history and Garrett and his family provide that connection.

That doesn’t mean we think he’s a great HC but good enough considering some of the puppets we’ve had this era. Even better results than the only legit HC we’ve had since Jimmy in Bill.

We obviously see his flaws but feel this is probably the best situation and culture we can probably expect with Jerry’s ways.
Guess this means that the local population isn't that bright. Makes sense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Guess this means that the local population isn't that bright. Makes sense.
No, it represents we understand the obstacles and handicaps Jerry’s ways presents. We don’t have to accept it to understand it’s effects.

Everyone would like to have a more normal front office and coaching staff but we understand that’s not a reality with Jerry.

Jipper

Reaction score
No, it represents we understand the obstacles and handicaps Jerry’s ways presents. We don’t have to accept it to understand it’s effects.

Everyone would like to have a more normal front office and coaching staff but we understand that’s not a reality with Jerry.

you think? I mean I get that Jerry as gm is unconventional but our front office if very solid espcially if you look at the track record of drafting and player management over the last 5 years.

the fact that we have one of the youngest and most talented rosters in the NFL is directly attributed to them...coaching is another story but the fo has shown they can build a contender and not mortgage the future to do so.

don't you think?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They asked locals , do you think Garrett will bring a championship in the next 5 years. And while most said they didn’t know that wasn’t the basis of their support. Rather it was because they felt he has had enough influence over Jerry to steer us in a better direction with an influx of talent for a consistent contender. And he was able to overcome and coexist with the distractions Jerry’s mgmt style presents.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
you think? I mean I get that Jerry as gm is unconventional but our front office if very solid espcially if you look at the track record of drafting and player management over the last 5 years.

the fact that we have one of the youngest and most talented rosters in the NFL is directly attributed to them...coaching is another story but the fo has shown they can build a contender and not mortgage the future to do so.

don't you think?
I think that Garretts influence is the major factor. Jason influence or greatest asset is not on Game Day.

We can certainly document the better drafts and personnel decisions to when Garrett took over in 2011.

Jerry has continued to make some of the same decisions he has in the past but he’s had greater influences. Remember what Parcells said” you have to convince Jerry to go against his instincts”. And I think Garrett along with Stephen have been able to do that only because of the success they’ve had.

But we still see some of the risk and poor or hasty decisions being made which have to be overcome. While Garrett deserves criticism for some of the Game Day gaffs all coaches have he deserves credit for steering our ownership in a better direction and sounder culture. And that’s what these fans are seeing.

Again, we all wish Jerry would retire or die but until he’s ready to give it up we aren’t sure there’s a better situation out there for us. We just don’t believe he’s willing to relinquish his “ jocks and socks” control and bring in a more proven HC and get hell out of the way.

CB61

Reaction score
Glad to see some contract talk updates.

I'll be impressed if they can get him to sign under Gurley.
And there lies the problem he wants to be the highest paid while ignoring with this team has done for him and knowing that his teammates also need to get paid seems a little selfish to me and being selfish it's okay to a point but there's no " I " in team and that's the problem in the NFL anymore it's not about team it's all about individuals getting paid at least in my opinion that's what it seems like

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s really hard to measure the pulse of Cowboy fans on an anonymous fan site. We can’t always decipher between actual Cowboy fans, former and disgruntled Cowboy fans, Trolls and opposing fans posing as Cowboy fans trolling.

In this newspaper poll you had to submit your response using an email which is more verifiable unless we are assuming everyone was using fake emails. Much like the Cowboys Facebook sites and Twitter accounts those are real people on the most part using their real names.

Except for a handful of fans I’ve connected with personally from over the years we really don’t know who the hell we are discussing Cowboys Football with here.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

don't you think?

There is a reason why in Madden we are ranked #1 or #2 overall. We have a very talented roster from top to bottom. I would put it up against any team. The thing a video game does not take into effect is coaching and how they affects a team. Also, a video game just spits out a ranking based on every player's overall ranking. It does not take into effect certain players making others better. Like Brady. He makes any WR he has look above what his talent level is and this also ties into the system Bill has put into place (and I'm sure a lot of influence from Brady).

I honestly think this year's roster might be the most talented going into a season in the Garrett era if you just look at individual players and their skill set. The thing is, can we actually put it all together when it matters? We have yet to do that under Garrett even going back to when he was an OC.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
The kid is a knucklehead. We are going to be giving him a big contract when off-field he is a walking time bomb. He is 1 incident away from a serious suspension. There better be clauses in that contract that if he messes up he will pay. Such a high risk of paying a RB that kind of money these days.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

I'm not a sheep. I don't approve something just because there isn't a better option readily available.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It’s really hard to measure the pulse of Cowboy fans on an anonymous fan site. We can’t always decipher between actual Cowboy fans, former and disgruntled Cowboy fans, Trolls and opposing fans posing as Cowboy fans trolling.

In this newspaper poll you had to submit your response using an email which is more verifiable unless we are assuming everyone was using fake emails. Much like the Cowboys Facebook sites and Twitter accounts those are real people on the most part using their real names.

Except for a handful of fans I’ve connected with personally from over the years we really don’t know who the hell we are discussing Cowboys Football with here.

What is the difference in using an email to submit the newspaper poll and an email to sign up here? Verifying emails does not make one opinion more valid than the other. You still have no idea who you are dealing with.

This message board represents Cowboys fandom perfectly across the board.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The kid is a knucklehead. We are going to be giving him a big contract when off-field he is a walking time bomb. He is 1 incident away from a serious suspension. There better be clauses in that contract that if he messes up he will pay. Such a high risk of paying a RB that kind of money these days.
Every player is 1 incident away lol. You are reaching. Randy gregory with so many failed tests is always 1 drug test away.

Jipper

Reaction score
There is a reason why in Madden we are ranked #1 or #2 overall. We have a very talented roster from top to bottom. I would put it up against any team. The thing a video game does not take into effect is coaching and how they affects a team. Also, a video game just spits out a ranking based on every player's overall ranking. It does not take into effect certain players making others better. Like Brady. He makes any WR he has look above what his talent level is and this also ties into the system Bill has put into place (and I'm sure a lot of influence from Brady).

I honestly think this year's roster might be the most talented going into a season in the Garrett era if you just look at individual players and their skill set. The thing is, can we actually put it all together when it matters? We have yet to do that under Garrett even going back to when he was an OC.

yeah I get it....hopefully it all comes together this year

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Walking time bomb? Lmao. After the witch hunt (that had zero evidence), what exactly has happened with Zeke? A security guard falling over where even Goodell knew was such a non incident he didn't fine Zeke, much less suspend him. A speeding ticket? Although that happened before the suspension I think.

Zeke has not even been detained once, much less arrested. Keep overreacting, though.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If he can't take us to the next level then what's the point? lol
There’s no certainty anyone can take us to the next level within Jerry’s agendas this era. For some reason Jerry gets a pass from some fans here. I think it’s because you can’t troll him since he has some rings. But Jerry didn’t appreciate those rings because he didn’t receive the credit he was pursuing as a Football Guy.

So, this is what you get. Basically a who who’s of forgettable HC’s with the lone exception of Bill since Jerry was at his lowest point since 1989 admittedly needing someone to resurrect his franchise while building support for a new stadium.

But Jerry still couldn’t help himself meddling and frustrating Parcells before the job was complete. And went back to his ways. Garrett provides a Puppet we can embrace with his and his families Cowboy connection to our storied past while influencing Jerry to build a better culture and consistent product.

Last edited: