Cowboys Making Late Run At Signing Dak Prescott To Extension

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Ed werder just regurgitated what we already heard. SOMEONE in the sports world we need to give major props to is Jay Glazer. THAT GUY knows what he is talking about and doesn't spew the same old stuff all the other talking heads do. He is a legit "insider." Guy called the Zeke signing before game 1 like a month in advance. Same with Skip Bayless. Those 2 were spot on.

Bayless actually even got the day it would happen, give or take 5 hours. He predicted it in july

Reaction score
It's inevitable. Some are going to hate it. Some are going to love it.

But we all need to accept it because it's going to happen. He's not a $35M QB. He simply isn't. But if it's a short 4 year deal that the Cowboys can get out in 3 years, I'm fine with it.

If he flourishes, he gets another mega deal. If he's still ho-hum, you move on.

JReed1000

Reaction score
Jerry is really starting to get bad at this. He thought Zeke would blink and he was still on Cabo thru Labor Day. He wants Dak to blink. If Dak goes out this season and balls out...12-4 and gets us to the NFCCG he's gonna have to cough up 36M. Look I don't like these prices like the next man but Shannon Sharp is right...the longer you wait the more expensive its getting. You let Wentz and Goff cutt the line because they knew the Cowboys where trying to negotiate. The front office could have Signed Dak to a 28-30M a year contract after the season in January. BUT No...We continue to let others set the market. Well how did that work out with Zeke? Its time to bite the bullet and stop the madness. Sign Dak...do something for Cooper but he may get Franchised next year. Daks up...pay the man. Dak has done nothing but show up, win and stay healthy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

But we all need to accept it because it's going to happen. He's not a $35M QB. He simply isn't. But if it's a short 4 year deal that the Cowboys can get out in 3 years, I'm fine with it.

I just hate this idea that NFL teams have to pay guys based on what other teams pay their players.

So when 1 team does something stupid they all have to be stupid.

Eventually Patrick Mahomes will get the biggest NFL contract and some stupid team with a lesser player will pay their guy more then Mahomes.

QB's are so overpaid right now in general.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm kind of glad. Next year's offseason is going to be tough enough without Dak's contract hanging over their head.

Amari Cooper
Byron Jones
Maliek Collins
Jason Witten
Robert Quinn
Randall Cobb
Sean Lee
Tavon Austin
Joe Looney
Antwaun Woods (restricted)
Anthony Brown (good riddance)
Jeff Heath (finally!)
Tyrone Crawford (cap casualty?)
L.P. Ladoucier
Xavier Su'a-Filo
Christian Covington
Joe Thomas
There really isn't that many on the list that we just HAVE to extend, IMO

lopey

Reaction score
I just hate this idea that NFL teams have to pay guys based on what other teams pay their players.

So when 1 team does something stupid they all have to be stupid.

Eventually Patrick Mahomes will get the biggest NFL contract and some stupid team with a lesser player will pay their guy more then Mahomes.

QB's are so overpaid right now in general.
It called Market Price...

Sydla

Reaction score
Amari Cooper - You have to assume he's re-signed. What a waste of a #1 pick if he is not.
Byron Jones - Likely a goner. Elliott's (and Dak's and Cooper's) contract basically sealed this guy's fate.
Maliek Collins - Depends on his season. If he explodes, he's likely gone. Will be too pricey.
Jason Witten - He should be gone. Just let it go, Jerry.
Robert Quinn - Depends on how he plays. If he has a big season, he's gone.
Randall Cobb - Probably depends on guys like Wilson and Smith. If both perform, Cobb is probably gone.
Sean Lee - Time to say good bye
Tavon Austin - He might be back depending on price
Joe Looney - Probably a casualty, McGovern will essentially fill his role
Antwaun Woods (restricted) - Back
Anthony Brown (good riddance) - He might be back if Jones is gone, which he likely will be.
Jeff Heath (finally!) - Praise Jesus, hopefully Wilson has taken his job.
Tyrone Crawford (cap casualty?) - See ya (although if Hill isn't ready and Collins is gone, he could be back as a 3T - ugh)
L.P. Ladoucier - Back, won't cost much.
Xavier Su'a-Filo - I think he will be back unless he finds his way into the starting lineup and plays really well.
Christian Covington - Back. Cheap.
Joe Thomas - Back, as I think Lee will be gone.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Yep, the nail in the coffin was the Amari trade. I knew we would be going down this road when that happened. That is one reason why I was against that move. There are no other options at this point in time. We are stuck with Dak good or bad. It was the best option for short term success.....