Cowboys may get lucky with a QB this year

slick325

Reaction score
‘This is the defining stretch for Drew Lock:’ NFL scouts weigh in on his draft stock

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article218278440.html

“There’s very little torque when he throws,” said Jim Nagy, executive director of the Senior Bowl and former NFL scout. “If he gets his lower half squared away and cleans that up, and learns to incorporate his lower body in some of those throws, it’s going to be scary.”

Nagy said if Lock was currently in the NFL, his arm would “put him in the top 10 of the league.”

My favorite QB in the upcoming draft.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Right now I see 3 QB's with the talent to be franchise guys, and a couple guys after that may wind up in the Rd1 convo. Herbert is likely in Goff and Wentz class as far as franchise QB's, but may be out of range. However after that, this class starts to a little like 2017, which is looking really good despite not having that 1st overall blue chipper.

I think a top 10 pick gets us our QB this year. Right now thinking thats most likely Lock or Grier. I think Lock has potential to move into the top 5, but 1) Probably needs the Pat Mahomes treatment amd take a redshirt year. 2) The QB need in the top portion of the draft may not be there to drive his stock. Grier's past PED suspension could keep him from rising into the top 5 of the draft.

With the amount of teams in the NFL that have gotten their QB of the future recently, the need for QB's at the top of the draft isnt likely to be very high. I see more likely to take defensive lineman in the top 10 of the draft this year. This could play right into the Cowboys hands, as a QB they may have had to trade serious capital for may fall right into there hands

Personally I feel if the #1 pick is for sale, you make that move ane get Herbert. But there is always that possibility it wont be. In that case, this is a year we may be able to stand pat and get our guy, with need not driving value
Tyree Jackson in the 3rd.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
another possible

Daniel Jones - Duke

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 220

Year: Redshirt Junior

CBS has the Giants taken him

Jones is the first quarterback off the board? Yep. It could happen. For real. The 6-5, 220-pounder is now into his third full year as Duke's starting quarterback and has shown immense development each season. He's comfortable drifting away from pressure inside the pocket, often gets to his second read and is an accurate passer with good velocity. The Giants have to go quarterback in Round 1 of the 2019 Draft, right?

Think anybody decent falls to the 2nd?

DanA

Reaction score
I think we should focus on TE, DT and safety and see if we can get into a spot to draft a QB in 2020 . I wouldn't be adverse to traded for future picks either

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Will Grier
Ryan Finely
Daniel Jones
Brett Rypien

I bet one of these guys slips to the early second (like Derek Carr or jimmy G).

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Right now I see 3 QB's with the talent to be franchise guys, and a couple guys after that may wind up in the Rd1 convo. Herbert is likely in Goff and Wentz class as far as franchise QB's, but may be out of range. However after that, this class starts to a little like 2017, which is looking really good despite not having that 1st overall blue chipper.

I think a top 10 pick gets us our QB this year. Right now thinking thats most likely Lock or Grier. I think Lock has potential to move into the top 5, but 1) Probably needs the Pat Mahomes treatment amd take a redshirt year. 2) The QB need in the top portion of the draft may not be there to drive his stock. Grier's past PED suspension could keep him from rising into the top 5 of the draft.

With the amount of teams in the NFL that have gotten their QB of the future recently, the need for QB's at the top of the draft isnt likely to be very high. I see more likely to take defensive lineman in the top 10 of the draft this year. This could play right into the Cowboys hands, as a QB they may have had to trade serious capital for may fall right into there hands

Personally I feel if the #1 pick is for sale, you make that move ane get Herbert. But there is always that possibility it wont be. In that case, this is a year we may be able to stand pat and get our guy, with need not driving value

I agree that we might wind up being fortunate with QB, but in a slightly different way than you. The chap that I've been looking at, and wrote a post on, is Clayton Thorson. I think we're seeing that, while he is a tad inconsistent, he is a decent QB. He's the sort of chap that I'd draft, and then trade after a few years for picks.