Cowboys May Have Second Steal

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Not in any immediate way no.
But in larger frame I am certain he is.

Breiden and his family are from Hawaii. Simi was born in Salt Lake City.
But they all have Polynesian roots of course.

Simi is an LDS member and completed a 2 year mission which is partially why he wasn't drafted higher as he is 23 years old.

Name just seemed kind of unique for the States, but I guess in other parts of the world it could be as common as "Smith" or "Jones". Thanks.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
After every NFL draft, there are a handful of players selected that are designated as “steals of the draft”. This usually means a player who analysts thought would go much higher in the draft than they did, and the team that finally landed them “stole” them.

In the fifth round, maybe the Cowboys stole wide receiver Simi Fehoko.

Fehoko was one of my biggest sleepers entering the 2021 NFL Draft. Though he didn’t have elite college production, there just aren’t many players that have his combination of size and athletic traits. At his Stanford Pro Day, Fehoko measured in just a hair under 6’4” and weighed in at 222 pounds.

To go with his terrific size and massive 10 1/4” hands, Fehoko is a remarkably good athlete. The big receiver blazed with a 4.44 40-yard dash to go with an incredible 6.78 3-cone drill. This is incredibly rare for a player his size.

What Fehoko is able to accomplish this year could greatly influence the 2022 decisions on Gallup’s and Wilson’s futures with the team.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-cowboys-may-have-a-second-“steal-of-the-draft”-candidate-among-their-rookies/ar-AALLItH?li=BBnbfcL
Mr. Manbun, Semi Fehoko is no steal, he may not even make the team because of a couple of UDFA they signed that will squeeze Semi out of a job.

Creeper

Reaction score
I thought Fehoko was a great pick. I watched his pro-day on TV and he looked like a stud to me. But reports from the OTAs were not great for him. Of course I am relying on the Cowboys writers for the opinions but they claim he was not getting any separation from the Cowboys DBs despite his size and speed. It is way to early to judge anything but the road to making this team as a WR is going to be a difficult one for all the rookies.

blueblood70

Reaction score
um way way way premature and that too less of ways ,,lol

he has a little of maybe Ed McCaffrey or Jordy nelson in him ..i know not exact stature but for some reason they pops in my mind when i watch this kids highlights..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Player comps
Micah Parsons - Ray Lewis
Kelvin Joseph - Tupac Shakur
Osa Idigurmomma - John Randle
Chauncey Golston - Bruce Smith
Nahshon Wright - Manute Bol
Jabril Cox - Derrick Brooks
Josh Ball - Ike Turner
Semi Fehoko - Andre Reed
Quinton Bohanna - Mike McCarthy
Israel Mukuamu - Slenderman
Matt Farniok - Alan Faneca

ESisback

Reaction score
Player comps
Josh Ball - Ike Turner
Semi Fehoko - Andre Reed
Ike Turner made me choke. So did Mike McCarthy and Idigurmomma.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is he large/strong enough to line up as a TE in the 12 package?

visionary

Reaction score
After every NFL draft, there are a handful of players selected that are designated as “steals of the draft”. This usually means a player who analysts thought would go much higher in the draft than they did, and the team that finally landed them “stole” them.

In the fifth round, maybe the Cowboys stole wide receiver Simi Fehoko.

Fehoko was one of my biggest sleepers entering the 2021 NFL Draft. Though he didn’t have elite college production, there just aren’t many players that have his combination of size and athletic traits. At his Stanford Pro Day, Fehoko measured in just a hair under 6’4” and weighed in at 222 pounds.

To go with his terrific size and massive 10 1/4” hands, Fehoko is a remarkably good athlete. The big receiver blazed with a 4.44 40-yard dash to go with an incredible 6.78 3-cone drill. This is incredibly rare for a player his size.

What Fehoko is able to accomplish this year could greatly influence the 2022 decisions on Gallup’s and Wilson’s futures with the team.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-cowboys-may-have-a-second-“steal-of-the-draft”-candidate-among-their-rookies/ar-AALLItH?li=BBnbfcL

May have?

May have?

you doubt Simi at your own risk

BTW, why are you a such a hater?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
OOnly a few weeks to wait until we see how he fares in training camp.
IF If Fehoko produces like he did in college, the Cowboys would have a an awesome WR group. Imagine the packages and plays Moore could create. No one probably will have a blockbuster \ career season....but with Prescott spreading the ball around, the opposing defenses would be back on their heels if not outright confused about how to stop the passing attack.
I
Yep
Forget the speculation and let's
See the results on the field

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Player comps
Josh Ball - Ike Turner
Semi Fehoko - Andre Reed

haha

JBS

Reaction score
Player comps
Josh Ball - Ike Turner
Semi Fehoko - Andre Reed

How does this post only have 1 like lololol

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OOnly a few weeks to wait until we see how he fares in training camp.
IF If Fehoko produces like he did in college, the Cowboys would have a an awesome WR group. Imagine the packages and plays Moore could create. No one probably will have a blockbuster \ career season....but with Prescott spreading the ball around, the opposing defenses would be back on their heels if not outright confused about how to stop the passing attack.
I
That's great except I haven't seen Moore and his chiefs be able to take full advantage of the talent. They can BARELY manage the RB crew. Most of Pollard's plays are when zeke raises his hand. That is not managing plays, it's reactive and that's how you lose.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt he makes the practice squad. Someone will grab him if we have to go that route. I hear a lot of teams wanted to pick him in the lower rounds. Dallas just got to him first. If he's great at special teams, he's on the 53, possibly takes Brown's spot, maybe?
As an Ohio State homer....I hope he does. The times Brown has had a chance he's sucked. Whoever is cherry picking Fehoko off the PS can have Brown instead.