Cowboys May Have Second Steal

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
4/5/6 are wide open, Wilson and Brown are no locks to make this roster, and they are taking a hard look to upgrade there, lots of rooks to look at.
GhzU7wh.jpg
Yup, that's what I'm saying. Advice to Fehoko... don't take your eyes off my guy, Vasher. He'll snatch your job away.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Player comps
Micah Parsons - Ray Lewis
Kelvin Joseph - Tupac Shakur
Osa Idigurmomma - John Randle
Chauncey Golston - Bruce Smith
Nahshon Wright - Manute Bol
Jabril Cox - Derrick Brooks
Josh Ball - Ike Turner
Semi Fehoko - Andre Reed
Quinton Bohanna - Mike McCarthy
Israel Mukuamu - Slenderman
Matt Farniok - Alan Faneca
Risen Star - Jay Leno

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
GhzU7wh.jpg
Yup, that's what I'm saying. Advice to Fehoko... don't take your eyes off my guy, Vasher. He'll snatch your job away.
You only like Vasher cause you fell in love with this pic that I have been throwing up since he was drafted. :D
Man is looking for a job,, those with bigger locker room preference are going to be looking over their shoulders at this big fella..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
GhzU7wh.jpg

You only like Vasher cause you fell in love with this pic that I have been throwing up since he was drafted.
Is that right? I've been a Vasher fan since he was a Red Raider. He's the only player the Cowboys signed this offseason whose career I followed in college. Don't get me wrong I like this pic, keep throwing it up on these pages. Oh, one more thing... TJ Vasher has a chip on his shoulder because he was not drafted.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Is that right? I've been a Vasher fan since he was a Red Raider. He's the only player the Cowboys signed this offseason whose career I followed in college. Don't get me wrong I like this pic, keep throwing it up on these pages. Oh, one more thing... TJ Vasher has a chip on his shoulder because he was not drafted.
I know your knowledge of the player, thats why I just jab you a bit because I remember everything, its an affliction.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
OOnly a few weeks to wait until we see how he fares in training camp.
IF If Fehoko produces like he did in college, the Cowboys would have a an awesome WR group. Imagine the packages and plays Moore could create. No one probably will have a blockbuster \ career season....but with Prescott spreading the ball around, the opposing defenses would be back on their heels if not outright confused about how to stop the passing attack.
I

Sort of like how the 1992-1993 defence didn't have a Pro Bowl player despite being among the top?

erod

Reaction score
Good gosh, here we go again.

Adrian Hamilton. Rico Gathers. Luke Gifford. Xavier Woods. Bradlee Anae.

The most likely scenario is this guy won't make the team unless he's a special teams demon.

Jipper

Reaction score
He makes the 53, no doubt about it.

Kid has rare talent, and can ball. How do you leave him exposed? This is Jaylen Guyton x5.

He was a 5th round pick for a reason....nothing that he has done this far shows anything "rare"

ESisback

Reaction score
Good gosh, here we go again.

Adrian Hamilton. Rico Gathers. Luke Gifford. Xavier Woods. Bradlee Anae.

The most likely scenario is this guy won't make the team unless he's a special teams demon.

Hope springs eternal, especially this time of year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Steals are the fallback for these people when they rate a player higher than the people that do it for a living. However, there are always surprises and disappointments in every draft and it would be nice if he were a steal but I would prefer our steals play on the other side of the ball.

Another good WR doesn't help this team. How many targets do you see him getting?

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'm always a little leery of guys that don't stand out amongst their own College teammates. I think he is only making a game day roster if he excels on STs. I like a lot of what I read about Fehoko but only 5 college starts (even though this past year was impacted by COVID) is a red flag for me. I want guys that dominate their College teams unless at some of the more elite programs. I wonder how people can project him to have a year 1 impact on an NFL team with 3 really good WRs when didn't exactly have a big impact in College. I am very excited to see him in the offseason because he has the size to be a possession guy and the speed to beat guys deep. If he does see the field he'll never be doubled so hopefully he can give us a couple of big plays if he makes the game day roster as more than a STs guy. Like usual I think fans get a little too high/too early on draft picks. But, it's fun to think about what a guy may do and hope he pans out.

ESisback

Reaction score
Steals are the fallback for these people when they rate a player higher than the people that do it for a living. However, there are always surprises and disappointments in every draft and it would be nice if he were a steal but I would prefer our steals play on the other side of the ball.

Another good WR doesn't help this team. How many targets do you see him getting?
Exactly. On one hand, he may be a find. But at what cost? WR is not a weakness, so what move is most likely to yield results?

Trendnet

Reaction score
Fehoko was one of my biggest sleepers entering the 2021 NFL Draft. Though he didn’t have elite college production, there just aren’t many players that have his combination of size and athletic traits. At his Stanford Pro Day, Fehoko measured in just a hair under 6’4” and weighed in at 222 pounds.

I'm reminded of the line from the underrated movie MoneyBall - "If he's a good hitter why doesn't he hit good?" - Billy Beane

If he's an elite player why doesn't he have elite college production?

What next - girlfriend looks?

Jipper

Reaction score

I agree I wish it was a defensive player, however what about contributions on special teams? If he were to make the roster as the 6 wr I'm sure he would have to play special teams right?

If that's the case and he does make the team better and he was a good value pick then it's certainly something to be happy about especially as a 5th round choice.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree I wish it was a defensive player, however what about contributions on special teams? If he were to make the roster as the 6 wr I'm sure he would have to play special teams right?

If that's the case and he does make the team better and he was a good value pick then it's certainly something to be happy about especially as a 5th round choice.
Any 5th rounder that makes the team and can contribute should make everyone happy.

Pretty sure Gallup is gone so if he can help in that area, not a bad pick at all. Big fast WR's don't come along that often.

Reaction score
wow,,,,and to risk some team snagging him off the squad..for the sake noah brown and cedrick wilson?

:huh:
Cowboys fans have an unending ability to overestimate this teams talent level. Listening to some around here, we ahoukd have won the last 10 Super Bowls with all this talent.

This guy was 5th round pick for a reason. If he was such a massive talent that there is no way we can hold onto him, he would have been drafted earlier by somebody else