Cowboys May Have Second Steal

plasticman

Reaction score
As secure as the Cowboys look at the WR position, a lot of difficult decisions are going to have to be made before the 2022 season.

We may end up losing both Gallup and Cooper at the end of this season due to cap restraints. Fehoko and Wilson may see limited action this season and be important contributors for the next 3 seasons after that.

I have a feeling that some of the preseason decisions concerning the WR squad will be based on the future more than the present.

I think we may see a trade before it's all over.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Player comps
Micah Parsons - Ray Lewis
Kelvin Joseph - Tupac Shakur
Osa Idigurmomma - John Randle
Chauncey Golston - Bruce Smith
Nahshon Wright - Manute Bol
Jabril Cox - Derrick Brooks
Josh Ball - Ike Turner
Semi Fehoko - Andre Reed
Quinton Bohanna - Mike McCarthy
Israel Mukuamu - Slenderman
Matt Farniok - Alan Faneca
:laugh:

chagus

Reaction score
This kid is like a Miles Austin "deluxe". At least that's how i see him. Looking forward to see if the team gives the kid a shot to show what he can do.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Is he related to the LSU kid that would do the Haka dance pre-game?
No he's not. And it's not a dance, the Haka is a Maori war chant.
Used back in the day to pump up the warriors before they went into battle (Hand to hand combat back then)...
The mighty New Zealand All Blacks use it before every International Rugby match, have for over 100 years. Now, alot of Polynesian schools and teams also use a variation of it. Intimidation at its finest .....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Player comps
Micah Parsons - Ray Lewis
Kelvin Joseph - Tupac Shakur
Osa Idigurmomma - John Randle
Chauncey Golston - Bruce Smith
Nahshon Wright - Manute Bol
Jabril Cox - Derrick Brooks
Josh Ball - Ike Turner
Semi Fehoko - Andre Reed
Quinton Bohanna - Mike McCarthy
Israel Mukuamu - Slenderman
Matt Farniok - Alan Faneca
Can we just make THIS one post of the year?

I am not even sure what happened. I just know greatness when I see it.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
After every NFL draft, there are a handful of players selected that are designated as “steals of the draft”. This usually means a player who analysts thought would go much higher in the draft than they did, and the team that finally landed them “stole” them.

In the fifth round, maybe the Cowboys stole wide receiver Simi Fehoko.

Fehoko was one of my biggest sleepers entering the 2021 NFL Draft. Though he didn’t have elite college production, there just aren’t many players that have his combination of size and athletic traits. At his Stanford Pro Day, Fehoko measured in just a hair under 6’4” and weighed in at 222 pounds.

To go with his terrific size and massive 10 1/4” hands, Fehoko is a remarkably good athlete. The big receiver blazed with a 4.44 40-yard dash to go with an incredible 6.78 3-cone drill. This is incredibly rare for a player his size.

What Fehoko is able to accomplish this year could greatly influence the 2022 decisions on Gallup’s and Wilson’s futures with the team.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-cowboys-may-have-a-second-“steal-of-the-draft”-candidate-among-their-rookies/ar-AALLItH?li=BBnbfcL
Lets see if he is a gamer first of all.

ghst187

Reaction score
WR is pretty deep on this team. I see him being on the practice squad this year.

yeah I don’t see how he makes it. At best he’d be #5 and he’d have to beat out another WR on special teams to make the roster I think.
Plus we have several other guys at WR fighting for any roster and PS spots…some fierce competition. If you’ve seen Vashers highlight reel it’s ridiculous. And there are a few others.
From what I watched of Fehoko…he does have great size and makes plays on the ball but I never saw him get much separation, esp given his 40 time. DBs in the NFL will be more aware and make plays on the ball. I hope one of our FA hits because we will likely lose Gallup either via trade this year or FA next

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
After every NFL draft, there are a handful of players selected that are designated as “steals of the draft”. This usually means a player who analysts thought would go much higher in the draft than they did, and the team that finally landed them “stole” them.

In the fifth round, maybe the Cowboys stole wide receiver Simi Fehoko.

Fehoko was one of my biggest sleepers entering the 2021 NFL Draft. Though he didn’t have elite college production, there just aren’t many players that have his combination of size and athletic traits. At his Stanford Pro Day, Fehoko measured in just a hair under 6’4” and weighed in at 222 pounds.

To go with his terrific size and massive 10 1/4” hands, Fehoko is a remarkably good athlete. The big receiver blazed with a 4.44 40-yard dash to go with an incredible 6.78 3-cone drill. This is incredibly rare for a player his size.

What Fehoko is able to accomplish this year could greatly influence the 2022 decisions on Gallup’s and Wilson’s futures with the team.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-cowboys-may-have-a-second-“steal-of-the-draft”-candidate-among-their-rookies/ar-AALLItH?li=BBnbfcL

IMO, Gallup just won't be back as he'll be way too expensive and Wilson will only be back if he gets little interest around the league and is very cheap. We'll have two legit #1s in Cooper and Lamb. Pouring a free agent contract into Gallup is just way too much investment at WR. Let him go and get a good comp pick. Ideally we get a *better* pick or a key player by trading Gallup before this season starts.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
IMO, Gallup just won't be back as he'll be way too expensive and Wilson will only be back if he gets little interest around the league and is very cheap. We'll have two legit #1s in Cooper and Lamb. Pouring a free agent contract into Gallup is just way too much investment at WR. Let him go and get a good comp pick. Ideally we get a *better* pick or a key player by trading Gallup before this season starts.
I guess you didn't get the 911 behind the scenes with Coop. Word is he is starting the season on the Physically Unable to Perform(PUP) list with an injury to his ankle. It's the same injury that's been lingering all offseason long and holding him out of workouts. If he is limited this coming season he will be trade bait. The Cowboys might be wise to re-sign Gallup so he and Lamb can be the Cowboy's one-two punch at WR. I'm curious to see how bad it is with Coop. I just hope he doesn't need surgery to fix whatever is up with his ankle.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Mr. Manbun, Semi Fehoko is no steal, he may not even make the team because of a couple of UDFA they signed that will squeeze Semi out of a job.
4/5/6 are wide open, Wilson and Brown are no locks to make this roster, and they are taking a hard look to upgrade there, lots of rooks to look at.
I dont know what you are basing your opinion about Fehoko on, Im looking forward to TC so we can actually see some of these long striders.
GhzU7wh.jpg