Twitter: Cowboys media going at it on Twitter

Kwyn

Reaction score
He is a legend. He's also redefined the term of "homer" in the booth. He and Mickey Spagnola pounce on anyone who dares to criticize the operations of the team.

They're bought and paid for. LOL

This once-storied franchise has been reduced to a hillbilly clown show. Period.
Just to be fair, I want a fan in the booth.

It’s not like he’s screaming GOOOALLL all game long.

Listen to any other broadcast in the opponents town and you’ll hear the same.

Want generic, middle of the road broadcast talk, watch the TV.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I listened to the Shan and RJ show this morning. What was referenced in regard to this is that Shan has an issue that the Cowboys leak their favorable news to the Dallas Morning News, and use them as a "neutral" media mouthpiece. He took issue with David Moore writing that the Cowboys made their "trade deadline" moves in the offseason with the Cooks and Gilmore trades, but didn't hold the team to task for not making any moves in season.
So, Shan is that that he’s not the “leakee” in this scenario. Don’t make me laugh. His entire paycheck is built on talking about the Cowboys. He’s not some kind of deep throat informant. He’s just a guy trying to work his bustle and he got caught short this time around.

erod

Reaction score
Just to be fair, I want a fan in the booth.

It’s not like he’s screaming GOOOALLL all game long.

Listen to any other broadcast in the opponents town and you’ll hear the same.

Want generic, middle of the road broadcast talk, watch the TV.
Doesn't mean he has to run interference like he's Jerry's favorite pimp.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Fired him from what? He has been the play by play guy continuously since 1984.
That Dave Garrett guy (from Oklahoma?) did it for a few years in the mid 90s.

I almost thought Brad quit in reaction to Jerry firing Hansen, but that may be wrong.

CWR

Reaction score
Quick Trivia: What Super Bowl is that commercial from?

I'm definitely not your Huckleberry because i didn't even know it was from a superbowl.

On closer inspection the man on the screen resembles Max Hedroom who I believe was an advertisement for Coke or Pepsi back in the 80s.

One of the superbowls that really sticks out for me around that time was the Bengals vs Niners.

I am probably off on all accounts though.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I'm definitely not your Huckleberry because i didn't even know it was from a superbowl.

On closer inspection the man on the screen resembles Max Hedroom who I believe was an advertisement for Coke or Pepsi back in the 80s.

One of the superbowls that really sticks out for me around that time was the Bengals vs Niners.

I am probably off on all accounts though.
Answer:

Reactions: CWR

Plankton

Reaction score
That Dave Garrett guy (from Oklahoma?) did it for a few years in the mid 90s.

I almost thought Brad quit in reaction to Jerry firing Hansen, but that may be wrong.
Sham quit after the 1994 season due to issues with both Jones and Switzer. During a preseason game that season, after the whole Switzer-Hansen brou-haha at camp, Sham went on the air and said that fans basically could not trust a word that came from the Cowboys administration about the state of the football team. He lasted through the season, then left to become the Rangers play by play announcer. Sham returned in 1998, interestingly enough after Switzer had resigned.