Twitter: Cowboys media going at it on Twitter

Kwyn

Reaction score
Jerry is getting testy.

All of the local teams are doing meaningful things in real games, but his team remains a marketing brochure that doesn't live up to the hype.

He shares a parking lot with a team on the verge of a world championship.

He tries to control the message, but that cow left the barn 28 years ago.
Don’t think Jerry has commented on this “story”.

Do you have breaking news on this topic?

Kwyn

Reaction score
When you ***do play-by-play*** for the team...yeah, you gotta toe the company line.
And, for crying out loud, Brad is a Cowboys legend.

If Jerry put him in the Ring of Honor, I’d be down with that.

Did people crap on Harry Carey?

Sham is part of my Cowboy DNA, right there with Tom, Tex, Jimmy and whoever you care to name.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sounds like the Cowboys do not give access to things to sports journalists who publish things they don't like or do not want published. they likely blackballed someone over something of that sort. All sports clubs do it. You should see how the Spurs treat their media.

This is not the White House press room. The sports media is not obligated to anything from a private firm.
If that’s what it is I don’t have a problem with it.

Good on the Cowboys for getting out in front of things and controlling the story.

That’s just good PR.

Mark

Reaction score
Jerry Jones talking to the media and fans….

giphy.gif

“Your team has made all the right moves. We GM’d the hell out of it. Go Cowboys. Write it up.”
TheCorbomiteManeuver.jpg

zack

Reaction score
Yes men in all of this disappointing organization. Even the Dallas media is corrupted.
Gee, this sounds so familiar…..something run so badly and the media sugar coats it.

It’s really why i stopped reading the Dallas Cowboys official website.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Tell us how Cooks and Gillmore could be had?
Cooks isn't doing anything that Tolbert couldn't do. Gillmore is treading water and looks like he doesn't like to get down and dirty in tackling. Other teams beefing up the trenches while Dallas is sitting on their hands preying Dak can play better with defenders in his face.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Sham is part of my Cowboy DNA, right there with Tom, Tex, Jimmy and whoever you care to name.
Jerry?

RodeoJake

Reaction score

Sham used to be a voice of reason, but he sold out to spout the company line for Jerry and the Jones clan. Even if he hadn't sold out, there's no way he should be mentioned with Tex, Gil, Tom and Jimmy.

Just an FYI, the Cards and their fans ran Carey out of town. His slurred speech and butchering names grew tiresome. Cubs fans never truly embraced him because to them, he represented the hated Cards.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I listened to fish report last night. He makes no apologies about being friends with the Jones family. But says he isnt invited to all the private parties because he won’t toe the line. He was pissed but not because they did not make any moves. He was mad about them covering up and saying they made their moves a while back for Gilmore and others. They wanted a few players but have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th left. Could not get anyone they wanted for 7th and want to use their first 3 picks in the draft to build. So just say it. Yes they could have used them to get players to help now but didn’t want to and players they wanted the teams wanted to much for them. I doubt that’s what they are arguing in X about. Just thought it was interesting.

erod

Reaction score

He is a legend. He's also redefined the term of "homer" in the booth. He and Mickey Spagnola pounce on anyone who dares to criticize the operations of the team.

They're bought and paid for. LOL

This once-storied franchise has been reduced to a hillbilly clown show. Period.

erod

Reaction score
Don’t think Jerry has commented on this “story”.

Do you have breaking news on this topic?
Just go to openyoureyes.com. But you'll have to put down your pom-poms first.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I like Shan quite a lot, but tell me where the round 5 and 6 picks are for next year and you'll get your answer here pretty conclusively.

Scotman

Reaction score
I think I'm in the minority on this. I want the positive spin. I want to hear from the homers. I don't want reality from the inside press. I have had enough "reality" from postseason Sundays to last a lifetime.

Blow that sunshine my way.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think I'm in the minority on this. I want the positive spin. I want to hear from the homers. I don't want reality from the inside press. I have had enough "reality" from postseason Sundays to last a lifetime.

Blow that sunshine my way.
I'll take homer all day over the insipid good cop/bad cop routine almost every talk show/podcast et al create for attention's sake.

If you have the Shady McCoy role but for local radio then the team should laugh in your face and call you unserious.
It is hypocritical at best to whine about quid pro quo stuff when your entire model is based upon divvying up roles and creating banter.

rambo2

Reaction score
Cooks isn't doing anything that Tolbert couldn't do. Gillmore is treading water and looks like he doesn't like to get down and dirty in tackling. Other teams beefing up the trenches while Dallas is sitting on their hands preying Dak can play better with defenders in his face.
Cooks and Gillmore are solid players.