Twitter: Cowboys media going at it on Twitter

offlimits

Reaction score
If they want to just go off and start a fire, they can do it any day of the week on the show.
...but they won't. Jerry calls the shots and could probably have one of these radio nobodies fired from the station. They KNOW what questions are off-limits.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just speculation: He is referencing behind the scenes cooperation between the Cowboys and certain media members which results in disproportionately local positive media reporting on the Cowboys.

Wouldn't surprise me if all the local reporters have seen it and know about it.
We’ve known about this for decades. Jerry’s country club extends to the media. He’s made it very clear over the last 30 years that if you play nice , he will play nice. If you don’t play nice, he will make a phone call and get you fired. Just ask Goose Gosselin.

offlimits

Reaction score
Sham used to be a voice of reason, but he sold out to spout the company line for Jerry and the Jones clan. Even if he hadn't sold out, there's no way he should be mentioned with Tex, Gil, Tom and Jimmy.

Just an FYI, the Cards and their fans ran Carey out of town. His slurred speech and butchering names grew tiresome. Cubs fans never truly embraced him because to them, he represented the hated Cards.
...and remember. Jones fired Dale Hanson from the KVIL broadcast team.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
We’ve known about this for decades. Jerry’s country club extends to the media. He’s made it very clear over the last 30 years that if you play nice , he will play nice. If you don’t play nice, he will make a phone call and get you fired. Just ask Goose Gosselin.
As with everything, this is the case EVERYWHERE.

They just fired a radio guy in Syracuse for being critical of Boeheim lol

Kwyn

Reaction score
He is a legend. He's also redefined the term of "homer" in the booth. He and Mickey Spagnola pounce on anyone who dares to criticize the operations of the team.

They're bought and paid for. LOL

This once-storied franchise has been reduced to a hillbilly clown show. Period.
He’s the play by play announcer.

I’m a little confused by some of these reactions here. Is there some type of confusion about play by play? He’s paid by the team. Part of the job is making the team look good.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCorbomiteManeuver.jpg
The Corbomite Maneuver!

I still think Balok looks better than Cliff Howard up close, lol.

erod

Reaction score
He’s the play by play announcer.

I’m a little confused by some of these reactions here. Is there some type of confusion about play by play? He’s paid by the team. Part of the job is making the team look good.
Then he shouldn't go out on Twitter starting crap with announcers not paid by the team that know some really ugly truths.

The dark side to this franchise lurks in the background. Far worse than just the daughter Jerry refuses to recognize or the drunken escapades that define him.

And Brad doesn't just do play by play on the broadcast. He's quite opinionated, even forcing his politics into the game often (as do Babe and Christi). Can't do that and play the objective card.

Kudos to Shan Sharif for calling him on it. Brad backed down immediately.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Jerry is getting testy.

All of the local teams are doing meaningful things in real games, but his team remains a marketing brochure that doesn't live up to the hype.

He shares a parking lot with a team on the verge of a world championship.

He tries to control the message, but that cow left the barn 28 years ago.
Hey ole Jerry is quite proud of the mall he built that has an art gallery in it. The team is for amusement purposes only and not to be taken seriously. It’s like a three ring circus.

Plankton

Reaction score
I listened to the Shan and RJ show this morning. What was referenced in regard to this is that Shan has an issue that the Cowboys leak their favorable news to the Dallas Morning News, and use them as a "neutral" media mouthpiece. He took issue with David Moore writing that the Cowboys made their "trade deadline" moves in the offseason with the Cooks and Gilmore trades, but didn't hold the team to task for not making any moves in season.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I really dislike cryptic talk.

If you got something to say or some information that gives clarity just say it.
There’s not much that is more cowardly than the approach these guys are taking. If you have something to say, say it. Otherwise shut up and take your “L” in the debate.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Just speculation: He is referencing behind the scenes cooperation between the Cowboys and certain media members which results in disproportionately local positive media reporting on the Cowboys.

Wouldn't surprise me if all the local reporters have seen it and know about it.
I bet it's something different. Like harassment or a boss having a relationship with an intern.

Let's hear it. If homeboy isn't a simp, like someone suggested, which I say he is, then he'd go public. But a simp would never do that.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
And, for crying out loud, Brad is a Cowboys legend.

If Jerry put him in the Ring of Honor, I’d be down with that.

Did people crap on Harry Carey?

Sham is part of my Cowboy DNA, right there with Tom, Tex, Jimmy and whoever you care to name.
You don't see through the act?

CWR

Reaction score
Is that Rambo on the big screen?

Lol, he's sitting beside Rockport. If you look closely you can see they are sharing popcorn. It was a little chaotic at the time of this picture because Gorico had just been kicked out for interrupting with plats.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Lol, he's sitting beside Rockport. If you look closely you can see they are sharing popcorn. It was a little chaotic at the time of this picture because Gorico had just been kicked out for interrupting with plats.
Quick Trivia: What Super Bowl is that commercial from?