Cowboys, MM,Dak, whole team all have a built in excuse for doing poorly in season or playoffs

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Because of Jerrys actions, inaction's, the state of the team, 1 year deals, no extensions,ALL IN lol etc, the whole season has led to
a built in set of excuses for the team ,players, and coaches this season.

I am only curious as to how it will all play out lol.
I dont expect anything from any of the above,Dont know how they will do, just curious how it turns out or ends.

Should be interesting at least,.
If someone ..........a great leader like Jimmy was here maybe he could use all this to motivate, but with just MM I dont see it happening.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Well - what McCarthy has to say effectively doesn't matter because he's on the cusp of being fired. Dak also doesn't have a contract either after next season.

Not a Jones apologist by any stretch, but ultimately what they have to say doesn't really matter in the scheme of things.

*shrug*

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because of Jerrys actions, inaction's, the state of the team, 1 year deals, no extensions,ALL IN lol etc, the whole season has led to

I dont expect anything from any of the above,Dont know how they will do, just curious how it turns out or ends.

If someone ..........a great leader like Jimmy was here maybe he could use all this to motivate, but with just MM I dont see it happening.
Come on man, you’re better than this.

IMG-0487.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well - what McCarthy has to say effectively doesn't matter because he's on the cusp of being fired. Dak also doesn't have a contract either after next season.

Not a Jones apologist by any stretch, but ultimately what they have to say doesn't really matter in the scheme of things.

*shrug*
If you have proof of this, please post it.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No
Jerry has built in a excuse to get rid of them.
Good.
First step in a long road back.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No
Jerry has built in a excuse to get rid of them.
Good.
First step in a long road back.
So Jerry sucks or Jerry has an excuse. What is it? You crap on Jerry in one post then praise him in another. What the hell is it?

Chasing6

Reaction score

I am hopeful some of this physicality from the draft and having Overshown back translates on the field.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Two threads peddling the idea that the team doesn't have a work ethic or effort on the field and needs a motivator.

The issue I see are Dak was woefully unprepared in his first year in the WCO for what GB ran against him, undersized unprepared LB play, and a defensive scheme that sold out the run to defend the pass far too much.

Effort? We regularly see our players develop and give effort for 4 quarters.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

I would fancy listening in when Jerald, Stephen, MM and Zimmer discuss the tools available or not.
Nothing makes sense --- Zeke? No major upgrades in personnel? Dak further enriched?
It does not make sense, chaps.
Are we tanking? If so, give Dak his walking papers.
Are we making a run? With aa weak running game, the Dak-to-Fergie connection going strong and diva CeeDee getting frustrated?

Let an earnest lad in on how to approach the season so we can temper our expectations, kind lads from Arkansas.
Amen.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

*shrug*
I think the point is if the Cowboys do poorly this season Jerry Jones will get the lion share of blame for making little significant effort in the off season. McCarthy and Prescott will be looking for an opportunity with another team and the Cowboys struggles will not be held against them. The flip side would be the Eagles right in the same division. After the effort their FO made during the off season if they’re doing poorly their head coach and quarterback will get almost all the blame. Their head coach won’t make it to week nine.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I know it isn't good for business here to state the following as homerism sells but this coming year is a wash-out any way you look at it.
The cleansing is here for coaches and players who will be nowhere to be found in 2025 as they will be gone.
I expect MM to be gone by week 10 and Trey to be starting at QB by season's end.
There is good news: you need to fall before you can get up and the time has arrived.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Jerry sucks or Jerry has an excuse. What is it? You crap on Jerry in one post then praise him in another. What the hell is it?
ok follow along

I hate Jerry for trying to be Jimmy Johnson for the past 30 YEARS.
I believe Jerry realizes he's running out of days to do this Jerry's way.
I believe he realizes hiring yes men as HCs doesn't work. They aren't the type of coaches who can create a winning culture with drive,desire, and discipline.
I believe he's seen enough of MMs unprepared teams when it's big game time, likewise with Dak folding under pressure. I belive this will be a difficult season to watch, but it's necessary and will lead to better days.
Is Zimmer the guy? Don't know . Was Quinn a better choice? Probably. Washington will be a better team, that sucks.
However, Jerry is listening to football people and seeing what's wrong for the first time in 30 years.
I have hope and will support him until he gives me a reason not to.
That sums it up.
I hated Jerry, but seems to be In football rehab.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I know it isn't good for business here to state the following as homerism sells but this coming year is a wash-out any way you look at it.
The cleansing is here for coaches and players who will be nowhere to be found in 2025 as they will be gone.
I expect MM to be gone by week 10 and Trey to be starting at QB by season's end.
There is good news: you need to fall before you can get up and the time has arrived.
you could be right, but what if jerry signs dak in august ??
He also trades Trey after a good PS, then signs lamb to ridiculous contract !
you never know what the jones boys will do, even if it makes no sense at all.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ok follow along

I hate Jerry for trying to be Jimmy Johnson for the past 30 YEARS.
I believe Jerry realizes he's running out of days to do this Jerry's way.
I believe he realizes hiring yes men as HCs doesn't work. They aren't the type of coaches who can create a winning culture with drive,desire, and discipline.
I believe he's seen enough of MMs unprepared teams when it's big game time, likewise with Dak folding under pressure. I belive this will be a difficult season to watch, but it's necessary and will lead to better days.
Is Zimmer the guy? Don't know . Was Quinn a better choice? Probably. Washington will be a better team, that sucks.
However, Jerry is listening to football people and seeing what's wrong for the first time in 30 years.
I have hope and will support him until he gives me a reason ot to.
That sums it up.
I hated Jerry, but seems to be In football rehab.
We can agree on being frustrated with how Jerry has constructed the organization. From his position he pampers the players. Creates a “Cowboys Legacy” atmosphere. There’s benefits to that but there’s also detriments to that. For one, I wish they would have training camp in Texas rather than 69 degree Oxnard. Then he created the Star. As soon as these 22 year olds walk into the Star they think they’ve arrived. When in fact they haven’t done anything. Only a head strong coach can overcome that. Zimmer will stand his ground. He’s been fired before. The rest of the coaches on their last year contracts should do the same. Go out guns a blazing.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
To me, every year is a year unto itself. The ways in which the Cowboys operate is far from the best, yet quite distant from the worst. Suffice it to say, they are better than middle of the pack but not nearly worthy of postseason acclaim, either. I think McCarthy is better than what many say he is, although, surely not perfect with regarding his game plans in the playoffs. He gets along with the players well enough to be a respectful factor in their eyes. The Cowboys regular season record is one that can't be too severely criticized, in light of their regular season records. With that in mind, it remains to be seen if MM will be retained or dismissed, without due consideration of what the upcoming season might reveal.

Personally, I won't be surprised with whatever happens in the weeks and months that lie ahead. The regular season may or may not prove to be one that finds most of us satisfied with the results. Of course, if Jerry and Son have preset ideas of what they intend to do in the future with this team, it's fairly predictable that anything might happen, whether a resetting of the roster and coaching might be re-evaluated and changed. They surely have their own ideas as to what they'll have in store in lieu of whatever happens in the upcoming season. Expect whatever they have in store to determine the future of this team and their organization. Only they know for sure, and even that's in doubt to a great extent.

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can agree on being frustrated with how Jerry has constructed the organization. From his position he pampers the players. Creates a “Cowboys Legacy” atmosphere. There’s benefits to that but there’s also detriments to that. For one, I wish they would have training camp in Texas rather than 69 degree Oxnard. Then he created the Star. As soon as these 22 year olds walk into the Star they think they’ve arrived. When in fact they haven’t done anything. Only a head strong coach can overcome that. Zimmer will stand his ground. He’s been fired before. The rest of the coaches on their last year contracts should do the same. Go out guns a blazing.
Yeah, but the whole California TC and the star can be overcome by coaching. That's why I wanted Quinn, for 2 years the defensive players left their guts on the field. I haven't seen gang tackling and pride in their work like that in decades. Everybody bought in. However, that began to slide after the 2022 SF playoff loss. In difficult games the offense was a no show, from false starts, to multiple holds, to yes, Dak not functioning. Last year as time went by the defense knew Quinn was gone and the spirit began to disappear. The drop off in play/spirit was obvious. Zimmer was a disciplinarian, l love it, but with today's millionaires and crappy union practice rules Zimmer has to adjust a little. I think Zimmer will get the interim job early this season and we'll see what he can do.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We have a tough schedule.

But we can win some games.

Big Mike lost a lot of street cred with the playoff disaster.

To be fair, he should have left with DQ.

Zimmer brings a lot of coaching cred with him.

So that helps.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yeah, but the whole California TC and the star can be overcome by coaching. That's why I wanted Quinn, for 2 years the defensive players left their guts on the field. I haven't seen gang tackling and pride in their work like that in decades. Everybody bought in. However, that began to slide after the 2022 SF playoff loss. In difficult games the offense was a no show, from false starts, to multiple holds, to yes, Dak not functioning. Last year as time went by the defense knew Quinn was gone and the spirit began to disappear. The drop off in play/spirit was obvious. Zimmer was a disciplinarian, l love it, but with today's millionaires and crappy union practice rules Zimmer has to adjust a little. I think Zimmer will get the interim job early this season and we'll see what he can do.
DQ was solid.

Very aggressive defense.