Cowboys, MM,Dak, whole team all have a built in excuse for doing poorly in season or playoffs

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would fancy listening in when Jerald, Stephen, MM and Zimmer discuss the tools available or not.
Nothing makes sense --- Zeke? No major upgrades in personnel? Dak further enriched?
It does not make sense, chaps.
Are we tanking? If so, give Dak his walking papers.
Are we making a run? With aa weak running game, the Dak-to-Fergie connection going strong and diva CeeDee getting frustrated?

Let an earnest lad in on how to approach the season so we can temper our expectations, kind lads from Arkansas.
Amen.
We are limping All-In for one last hoorah hanging out at the rim.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Only excuse they are gonna need is why they are winning to many Games!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Watch a Kurt Warner video and get EDUCATED!!!!!!!!!

Three 12 Win Seasons in a ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just as good as a SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Trolls in Hawaiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 157 years of Coaching experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
MM had a record at GB of very good reg seasons, then flop in playoffs. Go look at it, you will see.
One seattle game he took his foot off the gas and played to not lose, and seattle came back and won the champ game.
GB was also 15-1 one year, and MM lost the first div round game lol. It was to a good NYG team, but it was also at GB!

So mike has a clear long record of the same thing @ GB and here in dallas of great reg seasons, then flop in playoffs.
The one SB he won, he had a young hot AR, a very good defense, and a good offense, with strong run game too, so hard to
lose when you have all that.

The next season a bunch of the def players left,so the defense went to avg, and AR got paid I think, and his head started its rise
to thinking he only had to show up he was so good.

But MM's record speaks for itself. I think the last 3 years is the best he can do.

75boyz

Reaction score
Because of Jerrys actions, inaction's, the state of the team, 1 year deals, no extensions,ALL IN lol etc, the whole season has led to
a built in set of excuses for the team ,players, and coaches this season.

I am only curious as to how it will all play out lol.
I dont expect anything from any of the above,Dont know how they will do, just curious how it turns out or ends.

Should be interesting at least,.
If someone ..........a great leader like Jimmy was here maybe he could use all this to motivate, but with just MM I dont see it happening.
Great post.
Totally agree.

It's almost as though it's a when not if season. That is, not IF they will eventually fail, but at what point or when during the season will it happen.

I'll be cheering them on regardless but expect one and done as the absolute maximum ceiling of my expectations.
AGAIN.

Go Cowboys

Chasing6

Reaction score
Great post.
Totally agree.

It's almost as though it's a when not if season. That is, not IF they will eventually fail, but at what point or when during the season will it happen.

I'll be cheering them on regardless but expect one and done as the absolute maximum ceiling of my expectations.
AGAIN.

Go Cowboys
Well if CD ends up missing games we are in some serious trouble.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Because of Jerrys actions, inaction's, the state of the team, 1 year deals, no extensions,ALL IN lol etc, the whole season has led to

I dont expect anything from any of the above,Dont know how they will do, just curious how it turns out or ends.

If someone ..........a great leader like Jimmy was here maybe he could use all this to motivate, but with just MM I dont see it happening.
No sale, I don't buy your beef. These are all professionals paid to perform at that level. The excuses don't cut it. I guarantee you MM won't be using that excuse. Dak is betting on himself, he has had an opportunity to resign for less. Now he has to put his best foot forward to remain employed with this franchise. No sir, I think these guys are well aware of the situation and are plenty motivated to get this team as far as it can go.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It’s only an excuse if it’s used to leverage your way into another contract. If you fail because you can’t compete on a 1 year contract it says more about you and your ability and not the organization.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Jerry. the master spinner is going to be really busy next year.

Mike will be gone and he will spin that, into why they are going different direction, blah blah
Dak will be gone and he will 100% call that a salary cap move, blah blah blah
then more spin on why next year is going to be gooe, all they are doing, etc.

wash, rinse, repeat every few years.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you could be right, but what if jerry signs dak in august ??
He also trades Trey after a good PS, then signs lamb to ridiculous contract !
you never know what the jones boys will do, even if it makes no sense at all.
Jerry is NOT signing Dak in August July or October.
Let's get real here owners who want to keep their QB would have it done by March 13th.
Jerry is setting him up for the BIG FALL as Jerry wants his piece of Dak meat and ya he's paid for it!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry is NOT signing Dak in August July or October.
Let's get real here owners who want to keep their QB would have it done by March 13th.
Jerry is setting him up for the BIG FALL as Jerry wants his piece of Dak meat and ya he's paid for it!
Oh, oh...someone is going to admonish you for saying mean things about Jerry and Dak.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy has won ONE single playoff game in his last 6 seasons.

Dallas doesn't need "excuses" to fail.

shabazz

Reaction score
Well - what McCarthy has to say effectively doesn't matter because he's on the cusp of being fired. Dak also doesn't have a contract either after next season.

Not a Jones apologist by any stretch, but ultimately what they have to say doesn't really matter in the scheme of things.

*shrug*
Agree 100%.

MM and Dak already had 3 seasons of elite talent around them.

Last season was their "prove it" year and the new plan is already in motion.

This upcoming season is about shedding contracts and evaluating who will stay, particularly concerning the younger players.

The core "talent" has failed....don't double down on fail.

stiletto

Reaction score
Personally, I think the owner of the business is giving "high paid" employees one more chance to do what they are paid to do and if they don't everyone is getting fired including the QB....that's sometimes what business owners do.