Cowboys, MM,Dak, whole team all have a built in excuse for doing poorly in season or playoffs

Chasing6

Reaction score
Agree 100%.

MM and Dak already had 3 seasons of elite talent around them.

Last season was their "prove it" year and the new plan is already in motion.

This upcoming season is about shedding contracts and evaluating who will stay, particularly concerning the younger players.

The core "talent" has failed
Elite talent around them?

Please compare the elite roster of SF to our elite roster in Dallas.

shabazz

Reaction score
Elite talent around them?

Please compare the elite roster of SF to our elite roster in Dallas.
Very few can match the niners roster but the offense in particular was well represented, especially starting with the offensive line and several of the skill positions

The defensive line was and continues to be less than adequate but the secondary has been packed with talent.

MM and Dak are Audi 5000

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Personally, I think the owner of the business is giving "high paid" employees one more chance to do what they are paid to do and if they don't everyone is getting fired including the QB....that's sometimes what business owners do.
yes but what are they paid to do exactly??
A big reason dallas has lost the last 3 playoff games is due to MM. (and jones boys lol)

Dak and others have played poorly at times, good at times, but it is a team effort, and that includes the HC and rest of coaches.

Jerry hires the coaches, and for this year mike should have been fired and at very least we should have a interim HC till they hire
whoever they are thinking about lol.

Players cant get to a SB with lousy coaching.

I am ok with getting rid of dak and lamb, they want too much $ and dont deliver enough for what they want.
But to expect them to excel with a bad HC is kinda silly.

And some of this isnt directed at you stiletto, I just put it in the post as a statement . I was just curious about what you think they are paid to do and achieve.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Of course not lol it is AFTER they fail !
How many does GM Jethro have one the last 28 years?
Very few can match the niners roster but the offense in particular was well represented, especially starting with the offensive line and several of the skill positions

The defensive line was and continues to be less than adequate but the secondary has been packed with talent.

MM and Dak are Audi 5000
Well the Niners have a significantly better roster, an additional 4th round pick and and additional $5.3M that belonged to us.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

MM and Dak are Audi 5000
An offense without a run game is like an 8 cylinder engine operating with only 4. It’ll run but it’s not going to beat anyone off the line.

Motorola

Reaction score
MM had a record at GB of very good reg seasons, then flop in playoffs. Go look at it, you will see.
One seattle game he took his foot off the gas and played to not lose, and seattle came back and won the champ game.
GB was also 15-1 one year, and MM lost the first div round game lol. It was to a good NYG team, but it was also at GB!

So mike has a clear long record of the same thing @ GB and here in dallas of great reg seasons, then flop in playoffs.
The one SB he won, he had a young hot AR, a very good defense, and a good offense, with strong run game too, so hard to
lose when you have all that.

The next season a bunch of the def players left,so the defense went to avg, and AR got paid I think, and his head started its rise
to thinking he only had to show up he was so good.

But MM's record speaks for itself. I think the last 3 years is the best he can do.
His 2010 team is undisputedly his best coaching job; not only for winning the league title- but achieving the playoffs with the team going through a plethora of injuries ( IIRC they set a record with the number of players going on IR) - while playing the competition tough and close every game throughout that season.

shabazz

Reaction score
How many does GM Jethro have one the last 28 years?

Well the Niners have a significantly better roster, an additional 4th round pick and and additional $5.3M that belonged to us.
This upcoming season the gap has widened even more.....teams like the Texans and Steelers are loading up for Bear.....us? , not so much

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I am hopeful some of this physicality from the draft and having Overshown back translates on the field.
What are you doing Chasing?!?!?! This is supposed to be a b**** and moaning post... there is no room for football discussion here. Take that noise to another site.

:muttley:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ask yourself who is doing the stalking. Your the one coming after me...and many other good fans and fellow forum members.

Even admin is very politely and patiently asking you to stand down.
You’re obsessed with me it seems. Creepy.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
His 2010 team is undisputedly his best coaching job; not only for winning the league title- but achieving the playoffs with the team going through a plethora of injuries ( IIRC they set a record with the number of players going on IR) - while playing the competition tough and close every game throughout that season.
I didnt see that, I can only watch the SB game. He was younger and probably a better HC back then.
But next few years, in the playoffs year after year and did not win 2 in a row ever. usually one and done, or win one lose the next one.
And this is with AR at qb !
He just isnt a good HC in playoffs. his record shows that. It also shows a guy who does well in reg season.
Just like past few years with cowboys.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
After the playoff debacle to Green Bay at home McCarthy won’t have any excuse. He had a real good team that had a legitimate shot at reaching the Super Bowl and failed miserably. He’s pretty much a dead man walking entering this season. Anything short of a deep playoff run almost guarantees he’s gone. No one’s under more heat than McCarthy. If he’s fired, he’s pretty much done as an NFL head coach. You don’t see NFL coaches get a third head coaching opportunity after being fired twice.

Chasing6

Reaction score
After the playoff debacle to Green Bay at home McCarthy won’t have any excuse. He had a real good team that had a legitimate shot at reaching the Super Bowl and failed miserably. He’s pretty much a dead man walking entering this season. Anything short of a deep playoff run almost guarantees he’s gone.
That team was flawed in so many ways.