Cowboys must draft Merriman

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
Cowboys must get Merriman- the biggest impact player in the draft- perfect for the 3-4 and excellent in the 4-3 as a outside backer in either case-

Great speed and very athletic and strong and ultimately the most important thing a great playmaker.
MUST DRAFT MERRIMAN OR JOHNSON at #11

four years ago I told you guys the cowboys should do everything in our power to get jenkins- now the best tackle in the game

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
ghettogandhi said:
Cowboys must get Merriman- the biggest impact player in the draft- perfect for the 3-4 and excellent in the 4-3 as a outside backer in either case-

Great speed and very athletic and strong and ultimately the most important thing a great playmaker.

four years ago I told you guys the cowboys should do everything in our power to get jenkins- now the best tackle in the game

Are you sure about Merriman?

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I watched Merriman his whole time at Maryland and he is a very good player.

But he was not dominating like Hendersen was during his time at Maryland.

Merriman had he spots were he played as well but not consistently.

Bobo

Reaction score
boysfanindc said:
I watched Merriman his whole time at Maryland and he is a very good player.

But he was not dominating like Hendersen was during his time at Maryland.

Merriman had he spots were he played as well but not consistently.

I remember what Henderson did to my Vols :mad:

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
Bobo said:
I remember what Henderson did to my Vols :mad:
merriman makes henderson look like brian bosworth- merriman is the real deal-
last two years 8 sacks and over 100 tackles as a elephant backer at md- de/olb.

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
merriman is like a joey porter type, with a great motor, good size, great speed, and great playmaking ability.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Merriman could be there at #20. What about trading down the #11 and getting an additional second rounder, picking up a guard like David Baas as well. Maximize the draft!

Woods

Reaction score
nathanlt said:
Merriman could be there at #20. What about trading down the #11 and getting an additional second rounder, picking up a guard like David Baas as well. Maximize the draft!

I'm thinking that would be ideal.

We would have 4 picks around the top 55 players or so.

We could pick up a development WR, Guard, etc. with two 2nd rounders.

Hopefully, we could come away with 4 starters/strong role players with those 4 top picks.

If we could add another 4-6 starters/role players in FA, we'd be well on our way.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
ghettogandhi said:
merriman is like a joey porter type, with a great motor, good size, great speed, and great playmaking ability.

but Justin Tuck is not bad either. Do you think Merriman will be there at 20. If so, I would like Pac Man Jones and 11 and Merriman or Tuck at 20. I think these two will fall slightly becasue of the quality and quantity of the CB's coming out this year.

I love Merriman to play OLB on run downs and maybe rush end on pass down. Imagaine if we get Abraham and Merriman. Move Ellis to DT on passing downs, Glover rushes from his normal position and Abraham rushing from the blindside. Man talk about awsome.

I have three words about those four players getting pressure on the QB.

NO BLITZ Required

Reaction score
I only see Merriman's stock going UP after he gets to the combine. He is an incredible athlete, and fits into that "workout warrior" mold, but also translates that to the field, as well. He had pretty good numbers this year, despite regularly drawing double teams, and can play either end or a LB hybrid (played LEO while in school, too, depending on the defensive set).

Don't know much about him as a student, so I don't know how the Wonderlic scores could help or hurt him, but he is a character guy. He leads a coat drive in the area every year for needy folks. Outstanding athlete and a great person in the community.

I would love to see him in a Dallas uniform next year!

Jim Walls

Reaction score
ghettogandhi said:

-----good choice--if QB problem can not be resolved get Alex Smith from Utah--will be like Jenkins a great QB in the future very near future. Cowboys like North Carolina guys like Ellis and Copper--well here is a steal player. Can play anywhere --except will not be drafted as QB due to height --QB at North Carolina Durant--200+lbs--blazing speed--how about a receiver--he has speed about like Julian Jones

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
but Justin Tuck is not bad either. Do you think Merriman will be there at 20. If so, I would like Pac Man Jones and 11 and Merriman or Tuck at 20. I think these two will fall slightly becasue of the quality and quantity of the CB's coming out this year.

I love Merriman to play OLB on run downs and maybe rush end on pass down. Imagaine if we get Abraham and Merriman. Move Ellis to DT on passing downs, Glover rushes from his normal position and Abraham rushing from the blindside. Man talk about awsome.

NO BLITZ Required
How big is Pac-Man Jones? I myself wouldn't want another little DB that high in the draft... Is he a burner... a cover monster... I don't know that much about him... I think DT or playmaking LB should be a bigger consideration...

But at pick 11, if that home run WR (Edwards, Williams) is still there, I don't think we go anywhere else but WR.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Dough Boy said:

NO BLITZ Required

What's this "OR" talk? Trade down from #11 to #21, then get Merriman at #20, AND Tuck at #21. With the additional pick (#53), you can select David Baas or select him at #42, if it appears he could be drafted before #53.

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
Woods said:
I'm thinking that would be ideal.

We would have 4 picks around the top 55 players or so.

We could pick up a development WR, Guard, etc. with two 2nd rounders.

Hopefully, we could come away with 4 starters/strong role players with those 4 top picks.

If we could add another 4-6 starters/role players in FA, we'd be well on our way.

If derrick johnson
is not there at 11 then I would love that scenario- trading down and picking up additionally would be ideal- A draft of merriman at 20, Justin Tuck at 20 something and two seconds- to get a speedy wideout and either a lineman on defense or offense would be the way I would go. Dont forget about ALex Barron at 20 either- merriman at 11 and barron at 20 would also be nice.

NICE TO HAVE TWO FIRSTS

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I think we're gonna end up drafting the BPA at #11, then trading out of the first round with our #20 and getting a first next year, again. And that's a good thing cuz next year's draft is gonna be excellent.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
aardvark said:
How big is Pac-Man Jones? I myself wouldn't want another little DB that high in the draft... Is he a burner... a cover monster... I don't know that much about him... I think DT or playmaking LB should be a bigger consideration...

5-11 185lb

Strengths:
Excellent pure athletic ability...Great speed...Physical and likes to hit...Does a nice job in run support and is a solid tackler...A ballhawk who is fluid and agile in coverage...A playmaker who is always around the action...Also a dangerous return man.

Weaknesses:
A little slight and could stand to add some bulk and strength...Doesn't have ideal height but it is adequate...Has only started for two seasons...Will take unnecessary risks in an effort to make the big play...May be too confident for his own good at times...

Notes:
Given name is Adam...One of the best junior corners in the nation...Has most of the physical tools as well as the attitude and confidence you look for.

IMO, there are no DT in this draft that warrant a top 15 pick. The two that possibly did, Wright and Nagat, are returning to school. The only playmaking LB that will go that high is potentially DJ and he may be gone by the 11th pick. Either way you skin it, CB is one of the highest needs of this team. I know DT is a high need, but this draft does not present the best opportunity to draft a playmaker with the 11th pick. Just My Thoughts...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
We aren't drafting a CB at #11. I guarantee it.