Cowboys No Name LB's

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our best linebacker plays mostly on the defensive line. As of right now it's one of our biggest needs IMO.
Parsons is only a linebacker by technical designation.

If he truly played full time traditional LB that stayed off the ball, defended passes, and reacted to running plays……he would be nothing special and would probably be considered a bust.

rambo2

Reaction score
Fully expect a LB to be drafted. We get back Overshown but still need a permanent replacement for LVE.
In the 1st round, they could draft oline, dline, linebacker, wr, corner, or qb. They should get somebody good regardless because a lot of teams will draft qb and oline. Some good players are going to fall.

Kwyn

Reaction score
In the 1st round, they could draft oline, dline, linebacker, wr, corner, or qb. They should get somebody good regardless because a lot of teams will draft qb and oline. Some good players are going to fall.
We’ll have draft threads going soon over in draft zone if we don’t already.

O-Line, LB, WR, RB in the first four rounds would make me happy.

We don’t have a fifth but we have two sixths and a seventh.

rambo2

Reaction score
We’ll have draft threads going soon over in draft zone if we don’t already.

O-Line, LB, WR, RB in the first four rounds would make me happy.

We don’t have a fifth but we have two sixths and a seventh.
I think that they could go running back in the 2nd round this time.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Can Bell put on more weight and if so how much?
I would say +10 lbs max for 2024, putting Bell at 215lbs.

Even at 6'3, 215..I'd still want Bell to compete for Kearse (SS) spot against Juanyeh Thomas.

On topic, I see the LBs as a group that could take a step or two forward, and be a surprise. Clark is getting more active and showing up a bit more beating screens, getting TFLs, also talking a little noise. I just think Clark n Evans could raise their play a notch playing next to each other.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Are they holding the fort or do we need some LB help next year ???
With Bell showing he's capable, LVE probably coming back, Overshown looking in the preseason that he might be a good one and Clark still improving, I don't think we really need to address the position early. We could use at least one more, though, unless we keep Evans around, so I see it as a late-round need. Of course, I'm never against getting a stud at any position; you can always improve.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would say +10 lbs max for 2024, putting Bell at 215lbs.

Even at 6'3, 215..I'd still want Bell to compete for Kearse (SS) spot against Juanyeh Thomas.

On topic, I see the LBs as a group that could take a step or two forward, and be a surprise. Clark is getting more active and showing up a bit more beating screens, getting TFLs, also talking a little noise. I just think Clark n Evans could raise their play a notch playing next to each other.
Other than the play where the tight end fooled him, I thought Clark played well against Washington.