Cowboys No Name LB's

blueblood70

Reaction score
Don’t think you can just throw him out there, there is a reason why he has been inactive for most of the season
dude that's pretty easy he's been inactive because he's a rookie and we brought in veterans as backups because they're not gonna trust a rookie unless they have to but yes I believe if you give him all of camp and all preseason and just throw them to the wolves I believe the guys got something you know people were down on Terrence Steele when he came in as an undrafted free agent and before his injury he was playing great that's why he got paid he'll turn it around but I see the same things in Richards so book it bookmark it and we will see next year but I'm telling you the guys got something but they're not going to go to a rookie when they have the guys like Edoga and some other veterans to bring in before he's next in line.. But it's simpler answer the offensive lines been healthy for some time now our starting five has been showing up game after game after game and again the first guy is going to be a doga if we had a rash of injuries we'd get to see Richard, but I think he's better than anything else that we've brought in the last couple years as a possible replacement at left tackle like ball or wally etc

Cowboyny

Reaction score
dude that's pretty easy he's been inactive because he's a rookie and we brought in veterans as backups because they're not gonna trust a rookie unless they have to but yes I believe if you give him all of camp and all preseason and just throw them to the wolves I believe the guys got something you know people were down on Terrence Steele when he came in as an undrafted free agent and before his injury he was playing great that's why he got paid he'll turn it around but I see the same things in Richards so book it bookmark it and we will see next year but I'm telling you the guys got something but they're not going to go to a rookie when they have the guys like Edoga and some other veterans to bring in before he's next in line.. But it's simpler answer the offensive lines been healthy for some time now our starting five has been showing up game after game after game and again the first guy is going to be a doga if we had a rash of injuries we'd get to see Richard, but I think he's better than anything else that we've brought in the last couple years as a possible replacement at left tackle like ball or wally etc
Steele was awful as a rookie, but vastly improved. He is known to be one of the hardest workers on the entire team. He really struggled playing left tackle and has been better on the right side, but still is a developing player. It is very rare for any player to develop so quickly. It took a player like Doug Free years to ascend to becoming a quality starter.

Richards was drafted as an developmental prospect, in which he not only had to learn technique, but also fill out his frame. Will he get a real opportunity to play a larger role in yr 2? I'm not sure, it will depend on how they feel about the player. What we have seen this season is, they don't trust him enough over a veteran like Edoka.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Center concerns me though Hoffman didn’t look terrible. Tyron could be back but if the right guy falls to you then you got to take him. The first round is gonna be interesting because who’s replacing cook? Does Tyron come back? Who’s our center? Who’s replacing Gilmore? I could see lots of possibilities
Defense biggest need is at the corner position, especially with Diggs coming back from major injury as we have seen takes some time. Definitely could use another mike linebacker as well if Lve's career is over.

Offense has to figure out who stays at the receiver position, then it's all about the OL and RB which is the highest priority to fix:

All we know is that Tyler/Steele/Martin will be back and they have said they want to better prepare for replacing Martin as they did Tyron.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He tore his early so physically he should be fine by next year. But there is a mental aspect to a serious injury for some players
We have seen Steele struggle and Gallup just isn't the same player and probably will be off the roster next season.

conner01

Reaction score
We have seen Steele struggle and Gallup just isn't the same player and probably will be off the roster next season.
Steele appears to be getting better. Gallup is really what he’s always been just not getting as many targets. He’s always had the drops
I don’t think he’s here next year but cook leaving could change that. I could see a WR in the draft. We have lots of needs coming up so it’s gonna be interesting to see how we approach these

wssaustin

Reaction score
Both Overshown and Bell were SS-LB hybrids, they had better speed but a slender build. I think we need a 230-250 lb that can shed the blocks better.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Steele was awful as a rookie, but vastly improved. He is known to be one of the hardest workers on the entire team. He really struggled playing left tackle and has been better on the right side, but still is a developing player. It is very rare for any player to develop so quickly. It took a player like Doug Free years to ascend to becoming a quality starter.

Richards was drafted as an developmental prospect, in which he not only had to learn technique, but also fill out his frame. Will he get a real opportunity to play a larger role in yr 2? I'm not sure, it will depend on how they feel about the player. What we have seen this season is, they don't trust him enough over a veteran like Edoka.
And this is his rookie year so what's your point that's what I'm saying in this offseason it's gonna be his going into his second off season meaning now if you put them out there as the primary go to left tackle because you're not gonna practice tyron Smith if he's still here and even if you bring in a veteran like you did a doga this year you should focus on getting Richards as much reps as you can all the way through preseason and see what the kid can do you can't know what he can or can't do by examples or what your feelings are towards the guy I think sometimes guys just need a chance and each game they would get better and better... By the way not unlike Tyler Smith I know people remember him as great his rookie season but no he was better than advertised but he got beat quite often by speed rushers at left tackle he was in the trial by fire and he got better as the season went on but in my opinion he's a much better left guard even though he can play adequately or even above average at left tackle I'm saying give a guy like Richard a chance he could be your guy how do you know he's not?? You trying that Nostradamus stuff again or using these weird examples no put the guy on the field I think he reminds me a little of Tyler Smith and if so I think he could be brought along if you give him every OTA Rep-PS game at LT..

Lets get his all the reps we can and see if he steps us. Have a vet mid -backup just in case but even if we get a Rookie LT of future, your philosoph says he wont be ready to handle the load and AR wll be in yera 2.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
In the 1st round, they could draft oline, dline, linebacker, wr, corner, or qb. They should get somebody good regardless because a lot of teams will draft qb and oline. Some good players are going to fall.
LOL. Let's hope they fall back to the late 20 something pick cause that's where we will be picking in the draft. I think we might be able to find a good OL or LB or Dline for that matter. Not sure about a qb but you never know. Seems like the 1st round qb's from last year with the exception of Stroud are not doing too well so far this year.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
And this is his rookie year so what's your point that's what I'm saying in this offseason it's gonna be his going into his second off season meaning now if you put them out there as the primary go to left tackle because you're not gonna practice tyron Smith if he's still here and even if you bring in a veteran like you did a doga this year you should focus on getting Richards as much reps as you can all the way through preseason and see what the kid can do you can't know what he can or can't do by examples or what your feelings are towards the guy I think sometimes guys just need a chance and each game they would get better and better... By the way not unlike Tyler Smith I know people remember him as great his rookie season but no he was better than advertised but he got beat quite often by speed rushers at left tackle he was in the trial by fire and he got better as the season went on but in my opinion he's a much better left guard even though he can play adequately or even above average at left tackle I'm saying give a guy like Richard a chance he could be your guy how do you know he's not?? You trying that Nostradamus stuff again or using these weird examples no put the guy on the field I think he reminds me a little of Tyler Smith and if so I think he could be brought along if you give him every OTA Rep-PS game at LT..

Lets get his all the reps we can and see if he steps us. Have a vet mid -backup just in case but even if we get a Rookie LT of future, your philosoph says he wont be ready to handle the load and AR wll be in yera 2.
Appears they are not throwing him into the fire. Remember hearing they would like him to add more weight to his frame. Depending on who stays, not sure he will get an opportunity to compete to start next season. They may want to continue his development.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Appears they are not throwing him into the fire. Remember hearing they would like him to add more weight to his frame. Depending on who stays, not sure he will get an opportunity to compete to start next season. They may want to continue his development.
Dude I don't know what you're missing I said this coming off season literally explained that three times and I'm talking about going into OTA's this coming off season he will be the guy that you think we need to draft and he's already here I mean they're gonna throw him in the fire all off season and get him ready because I believe he has something that is if tyron retires I believe Richards is the guy you think we need to draft when he's already here getting valuable reps in practice and getting good feedback from tyron and others so he will be like steal able to make a jump his second season we don't need to go after and or reach for another first round left tackle that's my point in my opinion I see something in Richards that they're not willing to do right now during a playoff run when we have everyone healthy why wouldn't we need him we have Edoga as the next guy up,

Richards is sitting there as a just in case break glass type thing like arch manning is with the Longhorns they're not gonna use them till they absolutely need them but I still believe he could be something so bookmark this conversation and if I'm wrong I'm wrong but I do believe I see a little Tyler Smith in Richards... The big difference is we're healthy along the offensive line right now and we have veteran players Next up before him so of course he's not getting to be active but he's still there and he will be in this offseason I bet getting better prepared as a left tackle...

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Dude I don't know what you're missing I said this coming off season literally explained that three times and I'm talking about going into OTA's this coming off season he will be the guy that you think we need to draft and he's already here I mean they're gonna throw him in the fire all off season and get him ready because I believe he has something that is if tyron retires I believe Richards is the guy you think we need to draft when he's already here getting valuable reps in practice and getting good feedback from tyron and others so he will be like steal able to make a jump his second season we don't need to go after and or reach for another first round left tackle that's my point in my opinion I see something in Richards that they're not willing to do right now during a playoff run when we have everyone healthy why wouldn't we need him we have Edoga as the next guy up,

Richards is sitting there as a just in case break glass type thing like arch manning is with the Longhorns they're not gonna use them till they absolutely need them but I still believe he could be something so bookmark this conversation and if I'm wrong I'm wrong but I do believe I see a little Tyler Smith in Richards... The big difference is we're healthy along the offensive line right now and we have veteran players Next up before him so of course he's not getting to be active but he's still there and he will be in this offseason I bet getting better prepared as a left tackle...
Been sick with pnemonia since the holiday, not thinking clearly, lol.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Richards is sitting there as a just in case break glass type thing like arch manning is with the Longhorns they're not gonna use them till they absolutely need them but I still believe he could be something so bookmark this conversation and if I'm wrong I'm wrong but I do believe I see a little Tyler Smith in Richards... The big difference is we're healthy along the offensive line right now and we have veteran players Next up before him so of course he's not getting to be active but he's still there and he will be in this offseason I bet getting better prepared as a left tackle.

That didn't solve the problem or present the strength being counted upon that couldn't as well be filled by a Matt Waletzko or Josh Ball at tackle and coming up on muliple prep years for a T/G.

Earl Bostick Jr. is on the practice squad.

Buddy Johnson is on the practice squad with what is being projected as the missing size.