Cowboys | No word on T. Johnson's suspension

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
air0208;1715906 said:
Not when the Commish knows they have 2 1st rd picks, one gonna be in the top 10 it looks like.

Largest fine ever, ill give you that, but what is 500k for Kraft? If they signed someone for a year and gave them a 500k salary, youd think thats piddly winks.

He doesn't look at things within a context.

It's analagous to putting the executive of a multi-mullionare corporation in jail for a while for cheating the stockholders and only taking a million of the 100 million he'll pocket when he gets out after one year and plays golf for the rest of his life.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
air0208;1715906 said:
Not when the Commish knows they have 2 1st rd picks, one gonna be in the top 10 it looks like.

Largest fine ever, ill give you that, but what is 500k for Kraft? If they signed someone for a year and gave them a 500k salary, youd think thats piddly winks.

The two 1st rounders are not relevant -- they traded for one of them -- you can't take that away or adjust your punishment because of where that pick might end up.

500K is the largest fine ever -- that is context.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
abersonc;1716031 said:
The two 1st rounders are not relevant -- they traded for one of them -- you can't take that away or adjust your punishment because of where that pick might end up.

500K is the largest fine ever -- that is context.

It SHOULD be the largest ever, and it shouldve been higher. They got caught CHEATING. THE cardinal sin in sports, ESPECIALLY professional sports. Usually people get ridiculed to no end when they get caught cheating. Complete opposite in this case.

That pick that they traded for is still THEIR pick, its not the 49ers anymore.

You are just not comprehending how bad cheating in sports is.

Verdict

Reaction score
abersonc;1715790 said:
Yawn.

Still whining about Wilson. He got what he deserved.

Do you REALLY think Wilson GOT WHAT HE DESERVED?

Do you REALLY think that the punishment Belechick got (fine only) was fair in light of the suspension Wade Wilson got?

Let's be really clear about this (as Jerry Jones likes to say) Belechick did not lose a draft choice. The Patriots lost a draft choice.

dogberry

Reaction score
The cheating was so in the Jets' and the NFL's face. A New England company employee was on the New York sideline. While many teams have tired to steal signs, how many have been dumb enough to send a staff member in the sideline area?

Verdict

Reaction score
air0208;1716042 said:
It SHOULD be the largest ever, and it shouldve been higher. They got caught CHEATING. THE cardinal sin in sports, ESPECIALLY professional sports. Usually people get ridiculed to no end when they get caught cheating. Complete opposite in this case.

Excellent point. I don't know why some here fail to grasp that issue.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
air0208;1716042 said:

You are just not comprehending how the act gave very little advantage

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Verdict;1716057 said:
Do you REALLY think Wilson GOT WHAT HE DESERVED?

Do you REALLY think that the punishment Belechick got (fine only) was fair in light of the suspension Wade Wilson got?

Let's be really clear about this (as Jerry Jones likes to say) Belechick did not lose a draft choice. The Patriots lost a draft choice.

Yes, I do think that Wade got what he deserved and I think comparing Wade and Belli is something that fools do to make it seem like the Cowboys got screwed.

Verdict

Reaction score
What you are saying makes you sound like a Patriots homer. I do not see how anything that Wade Wilson did helped the Cowboys win a game.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
abersonc;1716080 said:
You are just not comprehending how the act gave very little advantage

And you know this how? Did Belichick tell you? Maybe Bob Kraft? Brady?

Us "public" have no clue how much or how little the act helped them. Thats the plain truth.

All I know is they won a bunch of Super Bowls BEFORE they got caught.

dogberry

Reaction score
The first story on this page is about a diabetic, Ron Springs, who is dying. Wade Wilson is a diabetic, who is trying not to die. The league should have left him alone. They should have left him alone if he worked for the Eagles even. And if it were criminal offense, charges would have been filed. This is not about the Cowboys or football.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
If what the patriots did was no big deal, I doubt the NFl would have collected all the evidence and burned it before any more could leak out.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1716178 said:
If what the patriots did was no big deal, I doubt the NFl would have collected all the evidence and burned it before any more could leak out.

:bow:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
dogberry;1716172 said:
The first story on this page is about a diabetic, Ron Springs, who is dying. Wade Wilson is a diabetic, who is trying not to die. .

Umm, then maybe Wade should have taken approved medication, you know, like a doctor would prescribe.

Of course, that wasn't why Wade was taking the steroids.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1716178 said:

Keep up your conspiracy theories. Everyone knows what is on the tapes -- signal, down and distance. Real compelling stuff.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
abersonc;1716226 said:
Umm, then maybe Wade should have taken approved medication, you know, like a doctor would prescribe.

Of course, that wasn't why Wade was taking the steroids.

Can you tell us the name of what he was taking since you seem to know and the media doesnt since the NFl and Wilson never said what it was other than to say it wasnt HGH

Also what was he taking this substance for, thanks

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
abersonc;1716227 said:
Keep up your conspiracy theories. Everyone knows what is on the tapes -- signal, down and distance. Real compelling stuff.

No conspiracy just the facts the NFL confiscated other materials from the pats and burned them, why?

and no nobody knows what was on the tapes, you know why? Because the NFL burned them so nobody could see

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1716233 said:
No conspiracy just the facts the NFL confiscated other materials from the pats and burned them, why?

and no nobody knows what was on the tapes, you know why? Because the NFL burned them so nobody could see

Exactly, tell you what...I'm sure there are owners out there willing to pay a 500K fine to help win games. What the NFL did will not hamper teams in the future to stop this practice...IMHO.

Someone brought this point up before a couple of weeks ago, Kraft should have been banned from attending games all season. Keep a billionaire from watching his own team "Live" and he'll put the hammer down on the organization to NOT let this happen again.