Cowboys not the same team without Amari Cooper

conner01

Reaction score
I agree, that is Dak main go to guy. We are seeing more and more trust with Lamb which is great but I do think Dak and Cooper combo is very good
Cooper is such a great route runner and he helps everyone else get open
He really drives the pass offense even when he’s not the target

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I truly believe he’s the game changer. Prescott absolutely trust him. The perfect route runner. We’re not the same team on offense without him. Prescott and Amari stay healthy , This team win the whole thing

Cooper is great, but Lamb is the #1. Anyone would miss a guy like Cooper.

But as far as being lost without Cooper that is nonsense. Its the Oline problems is where the offense is lost.

Zman5

Reaction score
Lamb still makes mistakes running routes. Understandable being in his second year. Cooper is to Dak what Witten was to Romo. Both being very precise players that could be depended on being at a certain place during a play.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Gallup had his big chance to make a difference when both Cooper and Lamb were out. Although he did do well in that game, he was not a game changer. Happy to have him as #3 and would be okay with him as a #2, but as a #1 he is just okay, not special. Cooper is a true #1 and a very good #1 at that IMO. Lamb is becoming that though still not as good as Cooper yet as has been shown when he had to be #1 with Cooper out as well.
Not gonna pay him #1 money. But someone will..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Moore screwed the pooch in the 4th quarter with 5 or 6 minutes left. He had us out in a minute.. He can’t do that. That is the time to roll your QB out.. Dak could run this but will he ever..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamb/Gallup are real good, but Cooper is perhaps the best route runner in the league, where teams shy away in man coverage against him.
Ya know....I keep reading this over and over....and I don't disagree.

But what does "best route runner in the league" mean?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore screwed the pooch in the 4th quarter with 5 or 6 minutes left. He had us out in a minute.. He can’t do that. That is the time to roll your QB out.. Dak could run this but will he ever..
Moore doesn't want a run game. He wants Boise state passing stats.

Flamma

Reaction score
No saying your wrong, but if 1 wr dictates weather the offense is good or bad...there's something very wrong with the other players.

I don't know. Would that late 80s, early 90s 49ers team be the same without Jerry Rice?

Havic

Reaction score
Gallup is the best in the league at getting both feet down to secure the catch. It is a work of art how he gets his toes down and drags them to the sideline. He is also at his best when we are throwing deep towards his direction. I'd like to see him more involved in the offense and improve on the short to intermediate routes.

He was good without Cooper in the line up but I was disappointed he was not more of a game changer.

bigE79

Reaction score
I don't know. Would that late 80s, early 90s 49ers team be the same without Jerry Rice?
Of course they wouldn't but Would they fold without him like we do without cooper? With Montana,hell no,they would have adapted..not like us and besides they still had talor and Jones and craig..like we still have lamb, Gallup,Zeke.

Last edited: