Cowboys not the same team without Amari Cooper

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Honestly, I think it's a lazy cop out to just say the line, the line.

There are some very consistent, good QBs that play behind bad lines.

talking about the offense overall.

but who are these QBs that play great all the time behind a bad line?

ondaedg

Reaction score
Do the titans have cd or Gallup like we do to take up the slack ? Stupid point

Lol. Uhmm no they ONLY have pro bowler AJ Brown who just got put on IR one week ago…. I heard ketchup makes crow taste like chicken.

:lmao2:

stiletto

Reaction score
Lamb is good because of Cooper? That's hilarious.

We haven't won a game without Lamb if you want another useless stat. We can both play the small sample size game.

Stats prove it, watching the game proves it. Cooper is a 1000 yard type receiver. Lamb is a 1300 yard type receiver. He is now our #1 deep threat. They get him the ball in the passing game, running game, he is their #1 weapon.

That is 100% fact.

I'm good with your opinion. I like CeeDee too, just not as much as you yet. I just think Amari makes the offense go... CeeDee benefits from Amari on the field. It's just an opinion. Not saying you are wrong about CeeDee. Just don't agree totally.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm good with your opinion. I like CeeDee too, just not as much as you yet. I just think Amari makes the offense go... CeeDee benefits from Amari on the field. It's just an opinion. Not saying you are wrong about CeeDee. Just don't agree totally.

Its both guys that make it go. The Oline is the #1 ingredient in an offense in my opinion.

However if I have to choose 1 receiver I am taking Lamb all day. Cooper has been nicked up all year like he usually is. It might be different if he was always healthy.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Daks mechanics are just fine. It’s really all about the line.

cowboy roy--- there is a 16 minute video by Kurt Warner who breaks down QB's in the league after each game.....Warner did show break down in our line but Dak is throwing off wrong foot ( again )

he does not see the field and is not throwing receivers open and he no longer is the Dak who will pick up the 1st or more with his legs.....this is just the Saints game....i am not baggin on Dak

but i dont think his calf is fully healed ( maybe after 10 day rest different story? ) and combination of calf and coming off gruesome injury...Dak does not want to run when he has obvious open

running lanes....maybe its the coaching saying no more running Dak?...maybe its Dak?....even insiders cant get all the info....i love Dak...dude is total stud and i have watched over last 5

years Daks improvement in his mechanics ( especially footwork and transfering weight from back to front foot )...his tremendous improvement pre and post snap adjustments and so quickly

he sees the field and can throw receivers open...which we got the best 3 in the league as a group for receivers....Warner showed in 16 min video several receivers Dak bailed on and went

somewhere else for worse result.....i agree Cowboy Roy the O line makes Dak real nervous and i believe he is not fully healed

b0xZZ

Reaction score
I truly believe he’s the game changer. Prescott absolutely trust him. The perfect route runner. We’re not the same team on offense without him. Prescott and Amari stay healthy , This team win the whole thing

The eye test doesn't check out for me. Amari is a good receiver, very talented and no doubt his presence on the field changes the dynamic of the offence but he just seems kind of lazy to me through long stretches, you can see it in his body language.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
cowboy roy--- there is a 16 minute video by Kurt Warner who breaks down QB's in the league after each game.....Warner did show break down in our line but Dak is throwing off wrong foot ( again )

he does not see the field and is not throwing receivers open and he no longer is the Dak who will pick up the 1st or more with his legs.....this is just the Saints game....i am not baggin on Dak

but i dont think his calf is fully healed ( maybe after 10 day rest different story? ) and combination of calf and coming off gruesome injury...Dak does not want to run when he has obvious open

running lanes....maybe its the coaching saying no more running Dak?...maybe its Dak?....even insiders cant get all the info....i love Dak...dude is total stud and i have watched over last 5

years Daks improvement in his mechanics ( especially footwork and transfering weight from back to front foot )...his tremendous improvement pre and post snap adjustments and so quickly

he sees the field and can throw receivers open...which we got the best 3 in the league as a group for receivers....Warner showed in 16 min video several receivers Dak bailed on and went

somewhere else for worse result.....i agree Cowboy Roy the O line makes Dak real nervous and i believe he is not fully healed

Yep........saw it.

Warner pointed out a lot of things on there. He did show a few instances where Dak had bad mechanics when pressured. EVERY QB throws off the back foot at times and does things when pressured. Nothing new here.

Hardly something where someone is going to say Dak has bad mechanics. But I could see how a hater might try to run with that angle. Not saying you are a hater.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

mr stiletto--- when healthy no one can cover Cooper or Lamb...throw in stud Gallup....if we can get our O line in order so Dak is not as nervous....oh man...aint no back end in the league stop our passing game

but can our O line keep the rushers off Dak?....can our O line bully D lines so we can run again which sets up the pass?...when O line is good and receivers are healthy and RB's are healthy and Dak healthy

we have easily top 3 offense....not counting PFF rates we still # 1 on offense...but we need to run and pass closer to 50-50 then we light up 40 burgers on teams....i hope we beat snot out of WFT...so its not

even close

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep........saw it.

Warner pointed out a lot of things on there. He did show a few instances where Dak had bad mechanics when pressured. EVERY QB throws off the back foot at times and does things when pressured. Nothing new here.

Hardly something where someone is going to say Dak has bad mechanics. But I could see how a hater might try to run with that angle. Not saying you are a hater.

Roy--- no sir i am not a hater of Dak...to me he is total stud and what excites me most about Dak is his hard work to overcome deficiencies....when Dak has his mechanics good he throws "dimes" as well or better

than any QB....and of course if O line is not doing well puts a lot of pressure on QB.....but you did notice....Dak will not run the ball like he use too...obvious open running lanes....for whatever reason?.....the Killer

Dak is when he use to choose to be a fullback and pummel defenders as he rumbled down field.....of course we dont want Dak to get hurt again.....honestly show me another QB over past 5 years who has

improved his overall game as well as Dak?......i hope this 10 day rest between games enough time for all who have nagging injury issues....our O line coach is the culprit....and he carries big stick in meetings

this is what Broaddus said....i wish we did not cut loose Columbo as O line coach.. O line coach Philbin gets his way in meetings and not challenged...this is what Broaddus says and he has contacts

on team....dont know if you like that guy or not....but what i do like about Broaddus is he admits when he is wrong and sometimes he is way wrong...and other times he has been spot on

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The eye test doesn't check out for me. Amari is a good receiver, very talented and no doubt his presence on the field changes the dynamic of the offence but he just seems kind of lazy to me through long stretches, you can see it in his body language.
And you have no idea what you’re watching. If that’s your assessment

blueblood70

Reaction score
And you have no idea what you’re watching. If that’s your assessment
Hes important but i also disagree, i agree with b0x22

ac is not the key to our offense.

its CLEARLY the OL and then dak , run game, and if those hold up then the WRs..this offense has been off because of the OL,

dak is being rushed to throw, no consistent holes for the run game etc etc the Wrs become moot when they cant get into their full route before daks running for his life and throwing's errant passes off his back foot..

the trenches both side have always been the key and like i said after that its qb and the run game Dak had Gallup and wilson at 100 a piece in the raiders game and put up 28 points..if the defense didn't implode we win that game by 10..

Im pretty sure if AC left Lamb and gallup could take over the 1, 2 spot..Yes AC is important but not the key brother..

foofighters

Reaction score
I truly believe he’s the game changer. Prescott absolutely trust him. The perfect route runner. We’re not the same team on offense without him. Prescott and Amari stay healthy , This team win the whole thing
I remember a certain terrible QB who made mediocre receivers look better than they were...

Patrick Clayton
Miles Austin
Mr. 4th and long
and so on...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I remember a certain terrible QB who made mediocre receivers look better than they were...

Patrick Clayton
Miles Austin
Mr. 4th and long
and so on...
that Robinson kid as well .. all career years under the TR9

add in dez and to all those huge games and many many TDs..AC where's all the TDs? 20mil?

blueblood70

Reaction score
265546880_670111427693663_6389031496204329302_n.jpg

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Patrick Clayton
Miles Austin
Mr. 4th and long
and so on...
I don’t think he made the receivers look better than they were. Patrick Reed it wasn’t even looking for the football against the Giants. Because that player had BFF Jason

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hes important but i also disagree, i agree with b0x22

ac is not the key to our offense.

its CLEARLY the OL and then dak , run game, and if those hold up then the WRs..this offense has been off because of the OL,

dak is being rushed to throw, no consistent holes for the run game etc etc the Wrs become moot when they cant get into their full route before daks running for his life and throwing's errant passes off his back foot..

the trenches both side have always been the key and like i said after that its qb and the run game Dak had Gallup and wilson at 100 a piece in the raiders game and put up 28 points..if the defense didn't implode we win that game by 10..

Im pretty sure if AC left Lamb and gallup could take over the 1, 2 spot..Yes AC is important but not the key brother..
Why I said he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. There’s a difference between releasing the ball before the receiver makes his move . Then waiting for the receiver to actually make the move. I shouldn’t have to explain that to that other person. I wasn’t trying to compare who was the actual better receiver. Running, hands,. I’m strictly talking about trust and route running

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ok Mr football wizard
Let me tell you why. There’s a difference between release the ball you trust you receive being there. Than waiting for your receive to be there and then throwing the ball. I shouldn’t have to explain that to anyone